What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If some of your housework includes dusting, vacuuming, etc., maybe just wait till after your brother is finished, as I'm positive you'll have somewhat of a mess to clean up once he's done.
I have to vacuum before he comes so the first wood layer of the floors will be clean to lay the gray flooring over top of it. Plus it has been 2 weeks since I cleaned, so it really needs doing! Also have to do a bunch of laundry and other cleaning.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to vacuum before he comes so the first wood layer of the floors will be clean to lay the gray flooring over top of it. Plus it has been 2 weeks since I cleaned, so it really needs doing! Also have to do a bunch of laundry and other cleaning.
That makes sense. Pace yourself, though, as you don't want to overdo it. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I activated my pin for my food stamps card. There is $938 on there!!!! Is that a mistake? I called, but they were closed. I can try calling again tomorrow. It would take me a year to eat that much food.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I activated my pin for my food stamps card. There is $938 on there!!!! Is that a mistake? I called, but they were closed. I can try calling again tomorrow. It would take me a year to eat that much food.
Don’t call. It’s there, I would expect it isn’t a mistake. Just relax, buy groceries including some treats for your dad and be thankful.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody, friends and relatives keeping telling me to buy all this food for my dad. But please, I would rather follow the law. They told me specifically on the phone and in writing to not buy food for my dad with the food stamps, it's only for me, and they said if they find out I shared it with him, I will either have to pay it back or possible jail. With my anxiety, I can't be worrying about that, so I will just do what they say.

I hope I can get my vacuuming done before my brother gets here Friday. I did so much housework this week, it's insane. But I got it all done but the vacuuming. That takes like 6 hours, but maybe I can get it down to 4. We still have so much clutter that I have to move a lot of stuff to vacuum and it takes me forever.

I hope I can get disability so I can pay half the bills, because it's so hard to do my work with dad complaining about the water and electricity. It sucks to do all that work and then have him yell at me. He never says thank you for my slaving away. I do everything. He doesn't want to wash or clean anything. He doesn't even want me washing the cat poop buckets. He says that I'm gonna just put poop back in them, so they never have to be washed. Yuck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a terrible job last time of folding the sheets and putting them away! They are so wrinkled and they look terrible! I would be better off just washing, drying and putting back on instead of in the drawer. But I have to do laundry when dad is asleep because he yells about the electricity the dryer takes. Is there any new technology for dryers that uses less? This one is like 25 years old! It doesn't even have the tumble dry button that I see on all the labels.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But won't it take longer to dry, at a lower heat setting?
I looked it up before posting and this is what it said about a lower heat setting to save energy:

Lower temperature settings can also save dryer energy. Recent research shows that new dryers use significantly less energy to dry most typical loads on low heat than on high heat, even though the dryer runs longer. If you aren't in a rush, let the clothes run longer on low heat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back to the handwashing, every time I'm done with the fish tanks, which is at least three times a day I wash my hands. Captain Jack has a rather wet nose lately, and likes to lead with his nose when he buts your hand with his head which is frequently, so I wash my hands after that so I don't transfer anything to the fish or us humans. Every time I handle a dirty dish of Jack's I wash my hands, and also after cleaning the litterboxes. Etc lol

Maybe I'm not all that normal, or you're more normal :)

I wonder if you could check or have your brothers look into this. It's possible that if you run the dryer before noon, or after dinner, that it would be less expensive and you could let your dad know so he's not stressed about that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This dryer is so old that it doesn't even have a low setting. It has "Less Dry" but that setting took hours, all night! I will never use it again. If dad would have been awake, he would have freaked out at how long it took.

I don't know if it costs less at certain hours. I know in town it does, but not sure if it applies way out here in the country.

Yes, I clean the lint trap after every load. I don't know about the exhaust line, dad does all that.

My brother is coming tomorrow for 5 days. I vacuumed the entire house today, except for dad's room. Hopefully he will let me vacuum it tomorrow morning.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
What I do is let a lot of things mostly air dry, I will hang things over chairs, shower rod... this reduces drying time. Electric has different rates at different times of the year and of the day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't hang things to dry here. There is still too much of mom's hoarding clutter, and really no clean surfaces. My brother is looking into getting me a new energy saving dryer. He says the newer technology is much better.

Going to breakfast at a diner with my high school friend tomorrow morning. She is picking me up at 9am and keeping me out for the day so my brother can do the remodeling. We will probably go for coffee too, and she is taking me grocery shopping with my food stamps card. She will bring me home for dinner at 5pm.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, newer appliances do use much less electricity. When I got a new fridge, my electric bill immediately went down $20 a month.

But newer washers don't work as well so if you like the old one and it works, don't give it up! You don't need to have a matched set.

Does your dryer have a "timed dry" option? Sometimes the sensor doesn't work very well so setting it for a particular time works better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But newer washers don't work as well so if you like the old one and it works, don't give it up! You don't need to have a matched set.

Does your dryer have a "timed dry" option? Sometimes the sensor doesn't work very well so setting it for a particular time works better.

Our washer is brand new! It's an LG front loader and I love it. The dryer is really old. It does have a time dry, but I used it once several years ago and shrunk all my clothes to childrens sizes!!! I never tried it again. Maybe I set it for too long, I can't remember.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, he hasn't done the gray flooring yet. But he put a wood flooring layer on the room that's going to be the laundry room. He also put in the new bathroom sink and medicine cabinet with a mirror, 4 new towel racks, sheetrock layer on the bathroom walls. He took down the moldy cabinet and refinished and repainted it, but dad said we didn't need it, so I don't know where he put that. He took a small load of mom's hoarding clutter to the dump. I wish that part would go quicker, we still have so much junk.

I spent the day on Saturday with my high school friend. We went out to brunch at 9am down the road. I had a breakfast sammich with egg and cheese and ketchup on English Muffin, with a side of home fries with onions for only $5.99. She paid for mine again. She let me pay for my Dunkin though. I got irish cream latte with 3 sugars. Sooo good made that way! That was over $4. We also went clothes shopping. I found 2 pair of Long Levi's jeans for tall people, but they were $50, so I didn't buy them. We went to a flea market type store. I didn't buy anything since I don't like used stuff because of my OCD. I got groceries with my food stamps at Dollar Tree & Aldi. I really like Dollar Tree more than Dollar General! Everything was $1.25, even the dish liquid! I got a ton of food. We forgot quarters for the Aldi cart, so my friend found us each a clean box there. I threw things in it until it got too heavy to carry. Then my friend bought me an insulated bag and helped me switch over to that. She even helped me carry my 2 bags inside. We went to one store called Runnings and the lady was really rude to me. She threw my food stamps card back at me and said "What is this?! We don't do that here!" I would have gladly paid for the items with my debit card, but she was so mean that I just said, I'll leave these things here then.