What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mom's medications may be expired anyway
Yeah, good point. :thumbsup:

If I've got covid, I probably spread it all over town! Can I spread it if I'm vaccinated? I went everywhere, all the restaurants, stores, and vet, and never wore a mask. Oops!! Sorry town and cousins.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The nurse at my kids old pediatrician said not to worry much over pills expiring. Its the liquid meds you get mixed at pharmacies that you need to watch the dates on. I still have tossed some stuff that’s really expired. But at least I don’t feel like I can’t take something if i need it.

Benadryl has always been the best at drying me out but it also knocks me out. I discovered one of my meds mixed with most antihistamines is a double knockout; so I use the generic claritin.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I say this as someone who surely has expired medicines I don't know how to get rid of
Around where I'm from, you can bring expired meds to any pharmacy and they will dispose of them properly...perhaps this is an option for you as well?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blasted my runny nose away by taking a double dose of my herb. Funny that one at a time would not work. I took one yesterday with lunch and one with dinner. Didn't do a darn thing. Then at lunch today I took 2 and it blasted my runny nose right out of town. Yay! Good riddance to that stupid dripping. Dad wants to take some for his runny nose, but I have to find out if it's okay to take herbs with his meds.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats are going for their vaccines tomorrow. There are no restrictions are there? Like they can eat normally before?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope...no restrictions. However, you may notice that they are a bit off for a day or so...Just like in humans, they can feel icky after getting a vaccine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like Dad to cut back on the cat treats. I told him Maggie needs to lose a little weight. She's almost 14 pounds and the vet called her overweight in the papers. But dad said that Maggie weighs more, so the bag says she can have more treats. Oh brother...:rolleyes3:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd like Dad to cut back on the cat treats. I told him Maggie needs to lose a little weight. She's almost 14 pounds and the vet called her overweight in the papers. But dad said that Maggie weighs more, so the bag says she can have more treats. Oh brother...:rolleyes3:
That's such a dad thing to say, LOL!
IDK what type of treats you're giving but if they're breakable, tell him to break them up so instead of one treat, she gets 5-10 tiny pieces. My cats seem to prefer quantity over size as far as snacks go. Do you have a scale you can weigh her at home?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK what type of treats you're giving but if they're breakable, tell him to break them up so instead of one treat, she gets 5-10 tiny pieces. My cats seem to prefer quantity over size as far as snacks go. Do you have a scale you can weigh her at home?
We have a human scale. I would have to hold her and weigh myself, then subtract. I think he just likes to feed her extra because she's his favorite. Sometimes he even gives her an extra can of food during the day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet had me go in with Maggie & Demi this time. I warned her to wear gloves since they are feral. But she just reached right in their cages & pulled them out. She hugged them & said "I remember you!" I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open! I guess they aren't feral anymore! I stopped at a local convenience store for a Vanilla Cappuccino. It only cost $1.19! They had several other flavors, but they sounded chocolatey- Cookies & Cream, York Peppermint, White Chocolate. Dad canceled his Meals on Wheels, he wants to get back to his Instapot!

I'm bringing dad for his eye appointment tomorrow, then we are going to Walmart for a few groceries. I also want to stop and check if Mobil gas station sells cappuccino. Stewarts says that they don't sell it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! And I will check out those Instapot cookbooks for dad.

Today I took dad for his eye appointment. I got a vanilla cappuccino at the Dunkin inside Mobil, then got a veggie sammich at a local deli.Then we went to Walmart and I got a bunch of flavored creamers.

Washed the cat litterboxes and poop buckets, and changed the litter, scrubbed the shower, and did laundry. I'm so tired! Still have to vacuum before my brothers come on Friday.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brothers aren't coming because I have Covid. I probably spread it all over town & to all my cousins. So far none of them are sick though. Mom is really sick and she tested positive. We caught it from her roommate's grandson.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My brothers aren't coming because I have Covid. Mom is really sick and she tested positive. We caught it from her roommate's grandson.
Did your dad come down with Covid too? It's my understanding if you take the drug Paxlovid within 5 days of catching Covid it can lessen the severity of side effects. I do not have any personal experience with it but I know several people who took it and said it helped them. Get plenty of rest and drink clear liquids. I hope you feel better soon. 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, Dad didn't get it so far. How long will I be contagious? It's starting to clear up. I've had it most of this week, but I just thought I had a really bad cold. I went everywhere, so I probably spread it all over town.