What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caramel Macchiato Vs Caramel Latte: Explained (fullcoffeeroast.com)
A caramel macchiato is made like an upside-down latte: steamed milk is poured into the cup after the vanilla syrup, and the shots and milk foam are poured on top. From there, caramel drizzle is poured in a crosshatch pattern over the top.

Sounds like it's not mixed together very well and the vanilla syrup is on the bottom. Maybe that's why it wasn't sweet, the sweetness was all on the bottom.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point. Thank you for mentioning that. When I try their vanilla latte and caramel latte, I will just ask for extra syrup if they aren't sweet enough! Or extra sugar? Which would be better?
I think you should ask for extra syrup because you will get more flavoring with that. There are usually extra sugar packets to add if you need more.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy for your dad and you.
Thank you! He's like the energizer bunny. He can do anything! The new navy blue SUV is in the driveway. He wants me to try driving it on Monday when he takes me to get my covid booster & lunch. Hope I remember how to drive! It has been at least a decade, maybe 2.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a gross layer of dust all over the toilet and sink. I really have to pee! My brother is trying to clean it, but I fear it will take too long. He should have put a sheet over it! I didn't know there would be sheetrock and dust!!!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a gross layer of dust all over the toilet and sink. I really have to pee! My brother is trying to clean it, but I fear it will take too long. He should have put a sheet over it! I didn't know there would be sheetrock and dust!!!
Demolition is messy. I would just go take a walk outside, find a corner where the neighbors can see and go. When I did a bathroom years ago I was forced to go in the garage and pee into a litter box 🤣

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Demolition is messy. I would just go take a walk outside, find a corner where the neighbors can see and go. When I did a bathroom years ago I was forced to go in the garage and pee into a litter box 🤣
When everyone was closed down during the lockdowns DH would have a hard time finding somewhere to go during the day at work. He made an "emergency bucket" from a big Tidy Cats pail, pool noodles (for a seat) and bags. I never asked if he had to resort to using it; but sometimes ya gotta go! Your bladder and colon don't care about pandemics! :lol: Fortunately he's always been the type to carry things like hand sanitizer, baby wipes and tissues. Definitely not ideal; but better than the alternative....:dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demolition is messy.
Well things got a billion percent worse after my last post! My brother was hurrying to clean so I could go pee. He grabbed a shop vac that was broken without a filter in it, because my parents won't throw anything away. So the dust covered the entire kitchen instead of going in the vacuum! This is an OCD person's worst nightmare! Even the bars of soap are covered in dirt! 😭

I wiped the kitchen the best I could, but I don't see how we can ever clean up that much dust on that many surfaces.Thankfully dad moved my boots right before, or I would have had no footwear to wear on my dinner date tonight! I think we will just throw away the dish drainer rather than trying to wash it, that thing is older than dirt.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOPS! Typo! This should have said “ where the neighbors CAN’T see”…
I just went ahead and used the bathroom even though it was filthy. I tried to rinse the dirt off the bars of soap the best I could. This is an OCD person's worst nightmare, but what else can I do?! It will take a while for him to get things cleaned up and I have to pee again!!! 🤣

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never asked if he had to resort to using it; but sometimes ya gotta go!
Anyone who runs long distance knows to take a few sheets of toilet paper with you and find a bush because you just don't have a choice. As you said, "sometimes ya gotta go!" :biggrin:

Thankfully dad moved my boots right before, or I would have had no footwear to wear on my dinner date tonight!
I hope your dinner goes well and you enjoy getting out. I'm sure you can use a break from the demolition at your house today. :wink:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your dinner goes well and you enjoy getting out. I'm sure you can use a break from the demolition at your house today.
Thank you. The dinner with my old high school friend went really well. She paid for my dinner when I went to the bathroom! That was so nice. We are going to try to get together once a month for lunch or dinner. She is the only one I know who gets excited about diner food, like me! We are already compiling a list of all the diners we want to go to in all the neighboring towns. She knows some that I've never heard of.

I got a vegetarian omelet with toast, but I saved half for lunch tomorrow. She got a cup of soup and salad.

The bathroom is still a mess, but hopefully my brother will get it cleaned up for my shower tomorrow. My towel rack went bye bye with the old rotten shower! I was having a pretty bad meltdown over it. So he said he will build me a towel rack by morning! I hope he really can. It seems like he can do anything. I wish we could have planned this whole thing out better, but maybe everything will be okay. I'm kinda proud of myself for all the insane dirt & germs I survived today!!! I also got slimed by the toilet flusher thingy at the diner! My hand got all wet from some substance. Yuck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother built me some temporary towel racks out of pipe and wood last night. I woke up at 3am and wiped everything down the best I could. There is dust everywhere! I guess most people get to see it when it's finished, but my brother is doing it a little at a time, so we have to do our best.

My brother and I are going out to dinner with my other cousin tonight for Italian food- calzones/strombolis. She is picking me up at 4pm and bringing her 2 teenage sons. My brother will meet us there, in town, if he's not back in time. He is going to spend the day with Mom after they go to church together. My dad said my cousin can come in, but not for longer than half an hour because he gets tired.

I already have another diner date with my friend from last night, Saturday March 11th at 10am! She wants breakfast food at a different diner, so we are going early. This diner is only like 15 minutes from my house, but I've never been there. It's one of the really small neighboring towns that only have like 1 restaurant in the entire town. I would rather go to the town 30 minutes from here, but she likes the small out of the way places.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post about the new shower! It's really nice! Showerhead is up high, like a rain shower, but detaches so you can use it handheld. Water stays hot! Only thing I don't like is it has 7 tiny ledges which won't hold a very big shampoo bottle. They should have put 4 bigger ledges. But I can just buy smaller shampoo. It has a shower curtain now, we used to have sliding doors. So lots of big changes. My brother bought the new flooring. I don't know if he will have time to install it though, we are going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow he is bringing me for my covid booster and to practice driving in the new SUV. Then we are going to lunch, and probably cooking dinner with all that food I unthawed from the freezer, to use it up. Maybe sometime in there he can do the floors. He is leaving Tuesday afternoon. He likes to stay up late though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother & I went for Stromboli Sunday night at an Italian Restaurant with my cousin. Monday he & I went to lunch at a diner. He got steak breakfast. I got 1 egg, homefries, texas toast meal for only $3.95!!! You could also add crispy onions to the homefries for free! First time I drove in like 2 decades, but I remembered everything just fine. Found some nice gray tube socks at Dollar General for $7. We got lattes at Dunkin & Tim Hortons! I also got my 2nd covid shot at Rite Aid. Monday night my brother & I cooked together, and he showed me how to cook tempeh.

My brother laid the first part of the flooring for the living room & kitchen. It looks like corkboard & it smells so good, like maple. Gray flooring is going over that, my favorite color! My brother will be coming back every other weekend to finish remodeling the house.

Had brunch this morning with my brother & Mom at a little cafe. I had a huge Belgian Waffle & Shredded Hash Browns. My brother suggested I put peanut butter on the waffle along with butter & syrup. Yum! Mom got pea soup. My brother got a huge pancake & breakfast sammich on thick homemade bread like Texas Toast. My brother's car broke down. Mom didn't want me to leave. She told my brother to leave me there while he worked on his car. Ha! But I have to take the cats to the vet at the crack of dawn.

Mom has really aged a lot! That is the first time I have been allowed to see her since January 1st. She is completely gray and walks like a little old lady. I fell in love with her roommates cat! I can tell she really wants to come home. But we can never live together again after the things she told the social worker & my brothers about me.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today went well at the vet, but they forgot to give Demi & Maggie their rabies & distemper vaccines! They wanted me to come back tomorrow, but there is supposed to be a huge storm. Maybe Friday I can go.

I tried a vanilla latte and a vanilla cappuccino at McDonalds, but their coffee is not hot! I tried 2 different McDonalds. Is it because that lady sued when she burnt herself?!