What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard once a week but I tend to do more like once a month.
Yeah, I will do the sheets at least once a month. Maybe twice.

But I don't think I can wash all the blankets and cat bedding twice a month. We have a well.

The washer has a bedding setting and a towel setting. But I usually use permanent press for everything. I don't know why, I just do. It's 55 minutes.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the cats blankets (and they have a lot!) aren't "dirty" but are just hairy, I sometimes cheat and toss them in the dryer on the "no heat" setting and tumbled the hair into the lint trap. It doesn't get them perfect but it is a huge improvement.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the cats blankets (and they have a lot!) aren't "dirty" but are just hairy, I sometimes cheat and toss them in the dryer
They are really cat sheets. Sheets that I have over all the chairs where they sleep. I just wonder if I should do their sheets every 2 weeks too? I mean, they sleep as much as I do, probably more. So they spend just as many hours on them. It's hard to decide!

It's so nice to have this problem though! At least I'm able to use the washing machine. Mom used to make us sleep on dirty bedding for many months.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are really cat sheets. Sheets that I have over all the chairs where they sleep. I just wonder if I should do their sheets every 2 weeks too? I mean, they sleep as much as I do, probably more. So they spend just as many hours on them. It's hard to decide!

It's so nice to have this problem though! At least I'm able to use the washing machine. Mom used to make us sleep on dirty bedding for many months.
If that's the case, wash them daily if you want. You didn't deserve that. :(
You could try every two weeks and see how it goes, and if they're not that dirty stretch it to 3. I hit up the Salvation Army years ago and bought blankets and sheets that my cats love. They really like this green knit blanket in particular, so that one is washed a little more often than the others.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that's the case, wash them daily if you want. You didn't deserve that. :(
I can't do more than twice a month, because we have a well and don't want to drain it.
When we get new furniture, I'm thinking I'll just use a steam cleaner or shampooer once a month instead of the sheets. They have sheets covering them now because they are in awful shape, falling apart.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
How often do you guys wash your sheets and blankets? I've been washing all the sheets, blankets, pillows, cat bedding, couch and chair covers once a month.

But is once a month often enough for the sheets? It's just easier to do everything once a month, because I have to wash dad's and the cats' stuff too. But I can do the sheets twice a month if that's better.
I used to wash them all every week, but I just don't have time right now.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't do more than twice a month, because we have a well and don't want to drain it.
When we get new furniture, I'm thinking I'll just use a steam cleaner or shampooer once a month instead of the sheets. They have sheets covering them now because they are in awful shape, falling apart.
Unless they vomit or something once a month should be fine. When the weather gets nicer you can open windows and/or let them hang outside.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wash sheets every two weeks. They smell if it's longer than that, but I don't think you need to wash the cat things that often. My cats love to sleep on the back pillows of my couch, and I just go over that with the vacuum upholstery tool to get the fur off. If you're going to get new furniture, look for the kind covered with microfiber. The cats can't scratch it very well, so it doesn't get shredded.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How often do you guys wash your sheets and blankets? I've been washing all the sheets, blankets, pillows, cat bedding, couch and chair covers once a month.

But is once a month often enough for the sheets? It's just easier to do everything once a month, because I have to wash dad's and the cats' stuff too. But I can do the sheets twice a month if that's better.
I wash my sheets every 2 weeks. And blankets less often, like every other month or so. I have protective covers for my pillows, so I never wash the actual pillows, but pillow cases I change every week, then wash when I do the sheets..

Unless they get sick on them, you probably don't have to wash the cat's stuff that often. For excess fur, you can use a lint brush.

The washer has a bedding setting and a towel setting. But I usually use permanent press for everything. I don't know why, I just do. It's 55 minutes.
Just an FYI, when I bought my washer, the sales guy said to make sure I used the proper settings, i.e. "bedding" for bedding, in order to keep the washer working as long as possible. I think it has to do with the washer "knowing" the weight and size of the pieces being washed, and adjusting to keep everything balanced.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We have two sets sheets and change/wash them about every two weeks these days. Blankets idk. I need to wash them more often.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. Maybe I'll try washing sheets every 2 weeks, and the rest of the stuff once a month.

Busy couple weeks coming up. I have to vacuum the house, wash all the bedding, therapy Thursday and dinner with my cousin. Then dinner with my other cousin on Sunday. Plus my brother is coming Friday and staying 5 days, and bringing the new SUV and subs. Monday we are taking my dad to the doctor and I am getting my Covid Booster. Then vet is the following Wednesday the 22nd and Mac & Cheese from Meals on Wheels. Then coffee at Tim Hortons on the 24th with my old friend. Then coffee at Dunkin and Dinner with my other cousin around the 25th. I went from never going anywhere to a packed schedule. It's crazy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
therapy Thursday and dinner with my cousin. Then dinner with my other cousin on Sunday. Plus my brother is coming Friday and staying 5 days, and bringing the new SUV and subs. Monday we are taking my dad to the doctor and I am getting my Covid Booster.
Wow, you really do have a hectic schedule coming up. Lots of luck with your therapy appointment on Thursday, Fingers crossed it goes well. :crossfingers: Hope you enjoy dinner(s) with your cousins as well as the new SUV your other brother is bringing up. Best of luck to your dad at his upcoming doctor's appointment. So many things to look forward to and you deserve much happiness.🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just wanted to pop in and say that i love you and if you should ever need me my messages are always open
Wow, that was so sweet. Thank you.

So many things to look forward to and you deserve much happiness.
That was sweet too. Thank you.

They switched my therapy to 3:30pm with a different therapist, with no notice. My cousin planned her whole work day around it, so now she can't take me. So dad is taking me. I don't know if I will be done early enough to go to dinner with my cousin when she gets off work. Maybe we will do it another day. I was so disappointed. That seemed very unprofessional.

Dad ended up going to his doctor early, so I don't think he is still going Monday. But my brother is taking me to get my Covid booster on Monday. Maybe we will go out to lunch. The doctor cut one of Dad's blood pressure pills in half, his water pill in half, and canceled another one of his blood pressure meds. He is feeling a lot better and less dizzy. His physical therapist came today and was making him do what looked like the electric slide! Side steps to improve his balance I guess.

I added another dinner date on Saturday night. I only had like 3 friends in high school. I reconnected with all of them on Facebook. One of them lives nearby, so she is picking me up on Saturday and we are going to a diner in town.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Therapy went well! My therapist Andy was an older man with a beard. I thought that I would prefer a woman, but he was so easy to talk to. He said that I have Anxiety & OCD, but I don't have Depression, because I like to stay busy & I want to get out & do things, but the anxiety, nervousness, stress over the OCD prevents me. Everything made so much sense. I also don't have anger or violence issues. He said I was pretty normal, but might have to go on medication for the OCD on March 6.

My doctor moved away! I really liked her. Bummer...Sunoco was out of Cappuccino, so we had to go to Tim Horton's. I got a Caramel Macchiato. It wasn't sweet enough. Should have gotten a Latte! I wonder what the difference is? I got dad a Stromboli for dinner, but he didn't like it, he said it was too drippy. I guess he prefers Calzones where the sauce is on the side? I will get him that next time. I got a Veggie Calzone & I loved it.

My brother is coming tonight and staying 5 days. It will be stressful, especially with the cats being feral and afraid, but I will do my best. He might be gutting the bathroom tomorrow. I am going out to dinner with my high school friend, so hopefully he can finish quick. Wish he could have made a 2nd bathroom first!!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad your therapy went well. And good to know you're "pretty normal". ;) I'm sure most of your issues were caused from living with your mother, so hopefully over time they'll get better. Glad you're going out with your friends. Enjoy yourself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I got a Caramel Macchiato. It wasn't sweet enough. Should have gotten a Latte! I wonder what the difference is?
I'm the opposite, I don't like sweet drinks and a latte is not sweet. Here's an explanation:
Caramel macchiato is espresso and steamed milk with caramel sauce on top and flavored with vanilla syrup. A latte is espresso and steamed milk with a layer of foam, and doesn't have any syrups added.

I'm glad you liked the therapist and he was easy to talk to. Good luck with the visit from your brother tonight. I'm sure you will keep an eye on the cats to reassure them everything is okay. :catlove:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a latte is not sweet.
Vanilla Lattes and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are sweet. I would never get plain. I don't know why the Caramel Macchiato wasn't sweet, it sounds like it should be sweet if it has flavoring and syrup in it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Vanilla Lattes and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are sweet. I would never get plain. I don't know why the Caramel Macchiato wasn't sweet, it sounds like it should be sweet if it has flavoring and syrup in it.
Expresso is strong and sort of bitter so it takes quite a bit of syrup to sweeten it. They probably just didn’t put enough syrup in.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably just didn’t put enough syrup in.
Good point. Thank you for mentioning that. When I try their vanilla latte and caramel latte, I will just ask for extra syrup if they aren't sweet enough! Or extra sugar? Which would be better?