What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheetos Flamin' Hot Popcorn
Since you like hot stuff, have you tried the XXtra Flamin' Hot cheetos? They're amazing. A little hard to find; Walmart sometimes has them and sometimes doesn't, gas stations seem to have small bags fairly often. Habañero Takis (red bag) are also pretty good.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the store this morning and bought celery, which I need for my lentil loaf, so I think I'll make it for tonight. Also looked for pickled beets. Found some on the bottom shelf, but it was a large bottle, which I doubted I'd ever finish, so didn't buy it. :ohwell:
Next time you go to the store,just get you a can of plain beets,drain the juice into a saucepan and mix with sugar and vinegar to taste,toss in a few cloves and heat the beets in that juice,stick in a covered bowl or canning jar and let it sit in the fridge a few days.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was kind of catch as catch can.I have leftovers from last night but he said he wanted some of the pizza from the other night.Ok...I had a couple of pieces of peanut butter toast and there we are,such as it is.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The lentil loaf didn't happen yesterday, so I ended up having nachos, which were a nice treat. Might try to make the lentil loaf today.

Next time you go to the store,just get you a can of plain beets,drain the juice into a saucepan and mix with sugar and vinegar to taste,toss in a few cloves and heat the beets in that juice,stick in a covered bowl or canning jar and let it sit in the fridge a few days.
Good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. :thumbsup:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie rubysmama rubysmama Add some thinly-sliced onion to the mix, too, while you're heating up the beets.

Tonight will probably be spaghetti. I'm going to be in the kitchen all day, so need something quick. We have a container of pasta sauce in the kitchen freezer that I can get out to thaw a bit. (And I'm hoping I can talk Dear Richard to making the spaghetti.)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie rubysmama rubysmama Add some thinly-sliced onion to the mix, too, while you're heating up the beets.

Tonight will probably be spaghetti. I'm going to be in the kitchen all day, so need something quick. We have a container of pasta sauce in the kitchen freezer that I can get out to thaw a bit. (And I'm hoping I can talk Dear Richard to making the spaghetti.)
I do,actually,but not everybody loves their onions like I do,so I didn't even think of it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been craving spaghetti for awhile now and decided tonight was the night.Since he had to go get alcohol pads at the store,I had him pick up a loaf of italian bread,so we'll have garlic bread too and a big salad ,and I think I'll take out a package of italian sausage,too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had rice, black beans and mixed vegetables. One of the best protein meals I've had here.
So happy to see that muffy muffy . Finally they're feeding you a decent vegetarian meal. :redheartpump:

Tonight I had my lentil loaf, peas, and some french fries (would have preferred a baked or mashed potato, but had none :ohwell:)

Status
Not open for further replies.