What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mild?! If you want me to come for a visit, you'll have to do better than that. 👎🌶🌶🌶
Yeah, you'd likely find my food boring and flavourless. But it would be vegetarian. :)

I should stop posting in here; I say one thing, but it doesn't work out.
That happens to me all the time, so welcome to the club. :salam:

Not sure what I'm having tonight. Might make my veggie burgers that uses salsa, since I have a jar already open that I need to use.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I felt so badly yesterday that there was no way I was making tuna and noodles. We ended up finishing the spaghetti from Tuesday. Nothing like having leftovers of leftovers.

Was snooping around in the kitchen freezer this morning and found two pork steaks, so they're thawing in the microwave.
I'm sorry you didn't feel well. :hugs:

That happens to me all the time. I ended up having Stouffers turkey tetrazzini and some green beans. Tonight will likely be a couple of roast chicken thighs that the girls and I will share. I will have some vegetables with it

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well I know what DH is having tonight since I took chicken out of the freezer. He likes when I make teriyaki chicken strips. I'm not sure about myself. I have one last piece of my pasta casserole in the fridge so I may warm that up or decide on something else. :dunno:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't win with order supper in here!
All I ordered were 2 small Greek Salads... The salads came.. I had to search for the feta!

I x-d out the pastrami sandwich, and the turkey dinner..

I got the pastrami sandwich, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing, dill pickle... also got some homemade tiny pita bread with taboulleah...

Feast or famine or onions in here.. today was a day...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omnivore here. I love vegetables, pulses, grains but also meat, eggs, cheese and more.

Tonight I want to finish the chicken cacciatore we had a couple of days ago. Will semi-shred the two remaining thighs. Saute mushrooms and onions. Add chicken and the yummy cooking juices (home canned crushed tomato, splash of red vermouth, plus carrot / celery / onion were cooked in there so added their flavors) then serve over noodles. It will be nice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I wait until after dinner to post. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you'd likely find my food boring and flavourless. But it would be vegetarian.
Just kidding. I'll still come, but I'll bring my own hot sauce. :)

taboulleah
I Googled that, sounds yummy with the mint. Never heard of it before.

Breakfast: 2 slices of dad's homemade bread toasted, each slice had 1TB butter & 1Tsp lemon sugar. Also one half of a diced up Gala apple, which I put on the toast. Yummy!

Lunch: Huge dinner plate salad with sundried tomato italian dressing, the other half of that Gala apple, dried fruit medley, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, lettuce, onion, sliced almonds, celery, aldi nacho cauliflower chips, Good Thins veggie crackers.

Dinner: Leftover Mexican casserole, I added diced up veggie burger, Aldi nacho cauliflower chips, spicy fire salt, and habanero sauce.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Um...tonight...which is actually my tomorrow night...probably another sandwich. Suzanne is coming over about 7-ish to watch either "White Christmas" or "It's a Wonderful Life." That means I'll be nibbling popcorn and drinking root beer floats. We do this every year. I'll still be pretty full at my normal dinner time (around 1-2 AM). So something very light.

HOWEVER...Since I'm still up way past bedtime, I'm going to fix a cup of ramen right now!

LOL, you do realize that this means I'll be having popcorn and root beer floats for breakfast!!! Lord, I feel decadent!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I was up to my eyeballs in cookies. Got everything cleaned up in the kitchen, took the pork steaks out the fridge, and Rick told me to put the meat back in the fridge. He was going for take-out. Well, I haven't had a Whopper in years; we usually go to Wendy's or McD's. I got a Whopper and small fries for dinner last night as did he.

Pork steaks tonight, since they're thawed in the fridge. Maybe with melting potatoes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool and rainy here today...I had a craving for oriental soup,so I made a good sized pot and that was my lunch...for several probably.Here's a new twist...I put tofu in it.Delish!Dinner will be pecan smoked sausage,fried potatoes and onions and homemade cole slaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.