What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Snowstorm boredom cooking. I made split pea soup for dinner and the freezer and an amazing cinnamon raisen bread out of frozen bread dough.
Snowstorm? *whimpers* Nooooo :nono:
You know, I can't use frozen bread dough and I don't know why. I have the hardest time with that stuff. It either doesn't relax enough for me or it's too rubbery or....well, it just doesn't work. I've tried and tried and I won't buy it anymore because it frustrates the heck out of me.

I'm thinking something tuna. I just may make some tuna-pasta salad this morning and throw it in the fridge to chill til dinner time. We have some leftover coleslaw (next year, I'm adding cabbage to our garden plants!). I do love cabbage. That means pasta two nights in a row, but fortunately, Rick never says anything about that. I'll look around and see what's in the freezer, but if I don't like the options, then tuna-pasta salad it is.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could you call your family who has your cards and ask them to place orders for you? Or they could get you gift cards for at least SOME of the places. What I do NOT know is if any of them deliver...but some do catering, and they may. BEST OF LUCK!

Lots of restaurants have smart phone apps now that you can use to order food as well. I'm sure these can be used on an iPad and other devices as well. You can store your credit card information right in the app so ordering is super easy.

I wouldn't use general food order / delivery apps like GrubHub and Uber Eats, though. They are basically third party food order and delivery services and take a big chunk of the profits and charge huge fees for a restaurant to use the services so in the end restaurants don't make a lot of money from orders through those apps. It's better to order directly from a restaurant or through their own app which you can find on their web site.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely too early to be seeing "snowstorm" in posts. Hope it warms up again before winter arrives for good, susanm9006 susanm9006 .

Last night I made my old standby Red Kidney Beans and Tomato Rice, which includes (of course) stewed tomatoes. :biggrin: I'll probably have the same tonight, then divide the rest up and put in the freezer for future meals.
It was a big one - 8 inches of heavy wet snow, but melting today.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of restaurants have smart phone apps now that you can use to order food as well. I'm sure these can be used on an iPad and other devices as well. You can store your credit card information right in the app so ordering is super easy.

I wouldn't use general food order / delivery apps like GrubHub and Uber Eats, though. They are basically third party food order and delivery services and take a big chunk of the profits and charge huge fees for a restaurant to use the services so in the end restaurants don't make a lot of money from orders through those apps. It's better to order directly from a restaurant or through their own app which you can find on their web site.Eats
Thanks for the information. I wondered how that worked. I won't order through GrubHub or Uber Eats.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My dental woes have gone downhill since I had 2 old fillings that needed to be replaced today. I'm kind of numb from the novocaine so dinner will be something soft and easy to chew, e.g. maybe soup, a sweet potato or more of the Trader Joe's butternut squash pasta.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover baked pasta and a cranberry pecan roll tonight :yummy: The rolls are kind of dense because they're made with whole wheat.

artiemom artiemom have you ever had Iggy's bread and rolls before?
No, I have never had Iggy's bread. I have had When Pigs Fly. I love their sourdough. Iggy's is not located around me. I have not seen any stores carrying that brand.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remove the pan from the burner and let it cool just a wee bit. Pour your tomatoes...slowly...and carefully stir as you pour. Then put your pan back on the burner and finish. Should work for BBQ sauce, too.
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw.
That gives me an idea for using cabbage with one of my bbq stir-fries. That should be good.

Breakfast- Aldi chocolate granola, with Aldi vanilla almond milk, and cotton candy grapes. I don't usually like chocolate, but I liked it mixed with vanilla! Cool! This gives me some ideas.

Lunch: Stir-fry sammich on a pumpkin spice english muffin, which was weird, but I didn't haven any bread unthawed. Swiss cheese on top.

Dinner: Cabbage veggie soup with vegetarian meatballs added, habanero sauce, shredded parmesan, crumbled saltine crackers.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of Jiffy mix, these are on my to-make list. I think I have some blueberries in the freezer. If not, I can make them without them. I have real maple syrup and honey also to put on them. Yum. Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Those sound really good. Did you make them?

You guys have been having some wonderful meals!!

Yesterday

I had Stouffer's Chicken Alfredo for a late lunch

Again I had Eggo Frozen waffles for dinner

For snacks I had 2 Grannys'

Today

I'm going to have Stouffer's Spaghetti and meat sauce for late lunch

Tonight I'm going to have a sandwich, not sure what yet.

and more Grannys'

Status
Not open for further replies.