What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Finally finished up that yucky banana peanut butter on a pumpkin spice english muffin. I added a pinch each of cinnamon and powdered sugar. Not sure if I got the ratio right, half and half? Also had some cotton candy grapes.

Lunch: Stir-fry sammich on pumpkin spice english muffin with swiss cheese.

Dinner: Leftover cabbage veggie soup with habanero sauce, shredded parmesan cheese, saltine crackers, and dropped an egg in it and microwaved for 3 minutes. I forget who suggested that. It was yummy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Rick and I split a hoagie. Neither of us really felt like making anything.
And I'm not sure yet about tonight. I'll be in the kitchen most of the day today and probably won't feel like much in the way of dinner prep. Maybe toasted cheese sandwiches? We'll see.

When we were little and my great-grandmother spent the day at our house, she and mom would spend the day making apple dumplings. Come supper-time, we ate apple dumplings, fresh and warm from the oven. With milk. I asked Dear Richard about that one time to see if his family ever did that for supper and he was appalled. Did you ever just eat something like for dinner? Or did you always have protein, vegs, etc.?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Did you ever just eat something like for dinner? Or did you always have protein, vegs, etc.?
Not at my parent's home but in college I would sometimes eat ice cream or brownies for dinner. :biggrin:

No plans for dinner tonight but right now I'm thinking breakfast food, e.g. scrambled eggs with veggies. We have a craving for Thai food so hopefully we'll order out this weekend.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you ever just eat something like for dinner? Or did you always have protein, vegs, etc.?
I’ve always made meals with proteins, veggies, etc. Even throughout university, I made sure to cook myself meals. If I knew I had a busy week ahead, I meal prepped.
I get kind of “hangry” if I don’t eat enough. :lol::paperbag:

Last evening, we just had cheese burgers and fries when we were out running errands.
We also picked up a new meat slicer from Cabela’s.

Tonight, I think we may finish off the rest of the pulled pork. So, pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and a spinach salad.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Growing up, mostly yes, as my parents were "meat and potato" (and vegetable) people. Plus Mom had Type 1 diabetic, so having protein at every meal was something she felt was important. However, occasionally we would just have something like pancakes, or corn on the cob, but not that often.

Now that I've vegetarian, those "meat and potato" days are behind me, and unless I have some faux meats, I never have a "traditional" meal.

Tonight was rotini pasta with jarred tomato pasta sauce and broccoli, and some green grapes for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would eat something like that for breakfast or lunch.

soup and we had peanut butter and elder razz jam toast
Yum. I've never had peanut butter with soup, sounds good.

Breakfast: Pumpkin Spice English Muffin. One half had just butter, the other half I added powdered sugar. Also finished up the cotton candy grapes.

Lunch: Stir-fry veggie sammich on pumpkin english muffin with swiss cheese.

Dinner: I took 3 different things and threw them in a bowl- leftover cabbage veggie soup, roasted asparagus, and roasted carrot,cauliflower, cabbage, onion, garlic mix. Then cracked an egg on top, with parmesan cheese, and habanero sauce, and threw in the microwave for 2 minutes to cook the egg. Yummy!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would eat something like that for breakfast or lunch.

Yum. I've never had peanut butter with soup, sounds good.

Breakfast: Pumpkin Spice English Muffin. One half had just butter, the other half I added powdered sugar. Also finished up the cotton candy grapes.

Lunch: Stir-fry veggie sammich on pumpkin english muffin with swiss cheese.

Dinner: I took 3 different things and threw them in a bowl- leftover cabbage veggie soup, roasted asparagus, and roasted carrot,cauliflower, cabbage, onion, garlic mix. Then cracked an egg on top, with parmesan cheese, and habanero sauce, and threw in the microwave for 2 minutes to cook the egg. Yummy!
Takes me back to my childhood..my Mom made us pb&j sandwiches a lot when we had soup.For me it's very comforting,but it's also satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.