What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

well, i didn't end up making pancakes and fried eggs for dinner last night. i got involved in 'putting up' some dried foods, so have been running later than my usual routine until now -- i think i should be back on course now.

tonight my plan is to make those pancakes and a couple of fried eggs for dinner. i'll have some applesauce for dessert.
Pancakes sound delicious. I stopped at Burger King last week and tried to get some pancakes because I was really craving them. But it was 2 minutes past 11 o'clock and they would not serve me breakfast. I ended up getting a veggie burger instead.

I had cantaloupe for dinner last night.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm eating very late because I missed dinner. Wasn't feeling well. We had mini sliders and some cheese crackers.
I hope tomorrow will be healthier. Hopefully something with brown rice and veggies.
I hope you are feeling better. Brown rice and veggies sound delicious. Welcome to the forum.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pancakes sound delicious. I stopped at Burger King last week and tried to get some pancakes because I was really craving them. But it was 2 minutes past 11 o'clock and they would not serve me breakfast. I ended up getting a veggie burger instead.

I had cantaloupe for dinner last night.
the pancakes were really good. i used Krusteaz brand complete pancake mix, buttermilk -- good stuff, and very easy to make pancakes with. just add water, mix, then cook the pancakes.

oh wow! so annoying when that happens. on the other hand, a veggie burger sounds good too! :yummy:

i'll have pancakes and a couple fried eggs again tonight. a mint carob brownie for dessert.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the pancakes were really good. i used Krusteaz brand complete pancake mix, buttermilk -- good stuff, and very easy to make pancakes with. just add water, mix, then cook the pancakes.

oh wow! so annoying when that happens. on the other hand, a veggie burger sounds good too! :yummy:
The pancakes may be easy to make but when your knees are bad it is difficult to do all of that standing while cooking the pancakes. Plus getting the pan, measuring cup and spoon out and then cleaning up afterward is a task when your knees hurt. Every step counts when your knees hurt. I have frozen pan cakes in the freezer but they are not very good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, but we are pathetic. I had the ground beef out and it hadn't thawed much at all, so I stuck it in the fridge, thinking I'd get it out later on and make chili. Well, we had to take the car down to the garage for inspection, so after the Eagles game was over, we took off. On the way home, Rick said he was getting hungry. And then I realized that I had never made the chili. We were busy with the tree and decorating. Rick suggested stopping at Burger King, a place I don't normally frequent (I can't stand the King in the commercials; he freaks me out). But Rick really wanted a Whopper, so we both got Whoppers for dinner last night.

He has off work today, so I asked him to make the meatloaf for tonight....I don't know if he will or not.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, green beans don't do that to me! Just as well, or H would have me sleeping on the porch!

Tonight is gonna be a roast pork sandwich with cornbread dressing and gravy (on the dressing, not the sandwich. I'm doing cold sandwich, not hot.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I know I sound pathetic. LOL.

I had vegetable chow mien last night and I'm having the rest of it tonight.
No, no, no, you misunderstood. I meant Rick and I are pathetic, eating a Whopper from Burger King. Can we get any more unhealthy?! You are most certainly not pathetic!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no, no, you misunderstood. I meant Rick and I are pathetic, eating a Whopper from Burger King. Can we get any more unhealthy?! You are most certainly not pathetic!
I am pretty pathetic. I come up with some bizarre stuff and I imagine some people don't believe some of my post.
I was just teasing you about calling me pathetic. I'm a vegetarian and I eat at Burger King. We are suppose to be health nuts. Not me. I'm a junk food vegetarian.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pancakes may be easy to make but when your knees are bad it is difficult to do all of that standing while cooking the pancakes. Plus getting the pan, measuring cup and spoon out and then cleaning up afterward is a task when your knees hurt. Every step counts when your knees hurt. I have frozen pan cakes in the freezer but they are not very good.
i understand! :hugs:

tonight i'll make some more pancakes, and fry a couple eggs. a carob brownie for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard did make the meatloaf on Monday and all I had to do was throw it into the oven last night when I got home. But we were out of breadcrumbs (normally I have some in the freezer, but didn't, and he didn't feel like like throwing bread in the food processor to make crumbs). The man used crushed Cheez-its in the meatloaf! :eek: We have oatmeal in the pantry....why Cheez-its? And then he didn't feel like chopping an onion, so he used dried minced onion. No celery. Now I really do love Cheez-its; it's one of my favorite snacks. But in meatloaf? Seriously? It was one of the worse meatloaves I've ever eaten (not the worst, but one of). It was thin and dry. Rick didn't think it was bad at all. Now, had I done something like that, he would have complained until the end of days about that meatloaf. But because he made it, "Oh, I don't think it's bad. Honest!" I made mashed potatoes and gravy and some lima beans to go with. There is leftover meatloaf; he's eating it. I'll pass, thanks. He called it Mystery Meatloaf. It was a "mystery" all right; all the ketchup in the world didn't solve it.

And then, he forgot to spray the meatloaf pan. What a mess that was. I soaked it all night and cleaned it this morning.

I took the last of our chicken vegetable soup out of the freezer this morning for dinner tonight. I'm going to make a pan of cornbread to go with it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
soup of some sort... still on soft things until this is healed a bit more...or a cheese omelette. No bread yet, still a bit too gluey, chewy for me..

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He called it Mystery Meatloaf.
Isn't that just like a man? Although, I was married twice, and BOTH of them were chefs.

Tonight is hot dogs. OH STOP LAUGHING! The pack is opened in the fridge, and I want to use them quickly.

~mutters to self~ who'm I fooling? I just adore the darned things.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight i'll be having some spaghetti squash with some spaghetti sauce and a little grated parmesan cheese over it. a mint carob brownie for dessert!

the spaghetti squash was part of what i bought at the produce auction this week. i bought two spaghetti squash, one butternut squash, two 4lb bags of navel oranges, two quarts of tomatoes, and two 12-count boxes of candy canes. my total cost was $12.93.

this time of year, a lot/most of what's available at the produce auction comes from further south, even as far south as Florida.

i figure i'll work through the two spaghetti squash, then cook up the butternut. i've already started enjoying the tomatoes and the oranges. the candy canes, i plan on using with my baking. i was thinking i'd break up the canes into 'crumbles', and then use them to top some carob brownies. :yummy: i'm sure i'll indulge in enjoying one or two candy canes just as they are.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I dearly love squash. It's one of those things that I would have never eaten as a child (but then again, I don't remember Mom ever serving any kind of squash). Now, squash is the best veggie ever. Good stuff.

Rick will be eating the leftover Mystery Meatloaf for his dinner tonight, along with the remaining mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't know what I'm eating, but it won't be that. Maybe I'll take a page out of Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and make a couple of turkey hotdogs. With lots of onions, relish, and cheese.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom and I love spaghetti squash! I don’t know what’s for dinner tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. OH...yes I do! I took a package of turkey out of the freezer last night, so a turkey sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.