What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A big old salad. The greens are not going to last forever. I'll boil an egg to chop up in there, along with goat cheese that I need to use up, and croutons, and call it done!
Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trader Joe's Beef Shepard's Pie. It was just meh. I'm hoping I don't get ill because the plastic tray was cracked and two plastic rim pieces fell out when I took the tray out of the box :eek:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our BIL gifted us with two bountiful boxes containing his homemade steak sauce and BBQ sauce, a loaf of rye bread, a loaf of cinnamon swirl raisin bread, a quart of canned sauerkraut, several links of his kielbasa, a couple links of his sausage, and a container of his homemade pancake mix. I was in heaven last night! I brought it all home from work and we had breakfast for dinner. I made some sausage and some windowpanes (the egg cooked inside the slice of bread) with the cinnamon swirl bread. Some orange juice. I swear he could sell loaves of that bread and make a fortune, it's that delicious. Made wonderful toast, too, with our hot chocolate this morning. (I'm saving the rye for some nice Reuben sandwiches over the weekend; I know it should be pumpernickel, but plain rye works, too.)

Tonight, since I'm going to be busy, it's going to be either take-out or some pizza from the freezer, whichever Rick wants.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. Probably tomato sandwiches, as I still have two smallish tomatoes left over from the salad fixin's I bought. Must use them up. I can't abide throwing food away, probably because I was reared by a father who lived through the Great Depression.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have no clue. Probably tomato sandwiches, as I still have two smallish tomatoes left over from the salad fixin's I bought. Must use them up. I can't abide throwing food away, probably because I was reared by a father who lived through the Great Depression.
Why not melt a slice or two of cheese on your tomato sandwich? It's a great combo!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , that is quite a wonderful gift! A gift like that makes a holiday very special.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , my Dad also grew up through The Depression and I was and am still in awe of his appreciation of food (although he has passed), it has really shaped who I am today.

artiemom artiemom , the tomato soup is just what is right during this bitter cold. I can't seem to warm up today either.

neely neely , now you're talking!! Mmm...cheese.
:)

I am now preparing frozen ravioli with a quick sauce I made with frozen eggplant, onions and peppers and store-prepared meatballs. This is probably the most I've cooked in months, but I have the day off and want to take my leftovers for lunches up through the weekend.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight is hot dogs with onions, cheese, and the last little bit of tomato! I know, it sounds odd to put tomato on hot dogs, but I'm going to give it a try!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight is hot dogs with onions, cheese, and the last little bit of tomato! I know, it sounds odd to put tomato on hot dogs, but I'm going to give it a try!
Not odd at all, back in the day when I used to eat meat I would put onion and thinly sliced tomato on my Vienna hot dog. Chicago style, of course - mustard only allowed! :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may have to start buying tomatoes more often to go on my hot dogs! YUM! They were the sweet plum tomatoes.

Tonight...I DUNNO! I have NO CLUE, although I'm leaning heavily towards egg salad or fried egg sandwich. Now, I won't be here tomorrow (Sunday, I don't get online on Sundays. No, it isn't a religious thing, I just chose a day) except to check the Health forum (New Year's Eve...if someone is posting there then, THEY NEED HELP), so I'll tell you now that I'm ordering a PIZZA!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our BIL gifted us with two bountiful boxes containing his homemade steak sauce and BBQ sauce, a loaf of rye bread, a loaf of cinnamon swirl raisin bread, a quart of canned sauerkraut, several links of his kielbasa, a couple links of his sausage, and a container of his homemade pancake mix. I was in heaven last night! I brought it all home from work and we had breakfast for dinner. I made some sausage and some windowpanes (the egg cooked inside the slice of bread) with the cinnamon swirl bread. Some orange juice. I swear he could sell loaves of that bread and make a fortune, it's that delicious. Made wonderful toast, too, with our hot chocolate this morning. (I'm saving the rye for some nice Reuben sandwiches over the weekend; I know it should be pumpernickel, but plain rye works, too.)

Tonight, since I'm going to be busy, it's going to be either take-out or some pizza from the freezer, whichever Rick wants.
I am officially putting myself up for adoption if he is looking for any new distant relatives. :hellosmiley::lol:

We're having pizza tonight. Papa John's has a BOGO deal going now on pizzas.

Status
Not open for further replies.