What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't a clue. I did take some turkey kielbasa from the freezer last night. I guess I could slice and saute. Add some onion and celery, maybe some peppers. There's broccoli in the fridge and some 'shrooms. I can add some whole wheat pasta to the mix or maybe some diced potatoes (I think I like the pasta better). Slice and add some grape tomatoes. I guess we're having Kielbasa Whatever-You-Wanna-Call-It tonight. Whether it will be edible is another story.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I told Aaron his options for this week for dinner were soup from the freezer, frozen pizza or eggs. :lol: There is no way I am cooking with all of the Thanksgiving prep going on. Last night he chose going out to eat. Tonight he is going with soup. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick asked me about spaghetti for tonight. I brought up a container of pasta sauce from the freezer to thaw.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Heavens...today, I over slept! I rolled out of bed at around 12:45, and by 1:30 I had three pumpkin pies in the oven, two to take, one to keep. When those came out, I threw a pan of cornbread in to make dressing, took the turkey out of the fridge, discovered it still had ice crystals, and dumped it in the sink with cold water. Ran in here, and started catching up at TCS. Took the cornbread out to cool, and threw the green bean casserole together, covered it, and stuck it in the fridge. Refreshed the turkey water, and came back to post a few more. Went back in the living room, rolled three packs of cigarettes for a friend who has issues from a stroke years ago and can't handle the rollling machine, so I roll for her. Got the dressing mixed up, in the pan, covered and in the fridge, took the turkey (now thawed) out of the sink and stuck IT in the fridge to be baked starting at about 8 this evening. It's just a breast, so it will be done by 10:30, and I'll let it cool till I go to bed between 1 and 2 in the morning. Get up in the morning, go to the 1pm dinner, leave there around 4, come home, bake the dressing and green bean casserole, leave them out to cool for a couple of hours, refrigerate, go to the 7pm dinner, come home and DIE!

What will I eat tonight? Oh...as tired as I am right now, maybe PB&J? I don't think I even want to do a hot dog, since that would require dicing an onion, and I can't even think about that right now.

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now I’m getting hungry but it is only 3 :30 pm in Japan now. I’m thinling of making chicken Parmesan or maybe meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took some country-style spareribs from the freezer this morning. Applesauce-Glazed Spareribs on the menu tonight. And maybe some twice-baked potatoes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have some servings of roast pork in the freezer. I think I'll take one out and have that with some green bean casserole.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm eating very late because I missed dinner. Wasn't feeling well. We had mini sliders and some cheese crackers.
I hope tomorrow will be healthier. Hopefully something with brown rice and veggies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm eating very late because I missed dinner. Wasn't feeling well. We had mini sliders and some cheese crackers.
I hope tomorrow will be healthier. Hopefully something with brown rice and veggies.
i hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

well, i didn't end up making pancakes and fried eggs for dinner last night. i got involved in 'putting up' some dried foods, so have been running later than my usual routine until now -- i think i should be back on course now.

tonight my plan is to make those pancakes and a couple of fried eggs for dinner. i'll have some applesauce for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hope you're feeling better today, dalpaengi dalpaengi ! Brown rice and veggies sound delicious!

We got so busy with everything that I forgot about dinner until Rick reminded me. So I threw everything into the pressure cooker. Got the spareribs cooked, then threw them into the oven to glaze with the applesauce. Some twice-baked potatoes in the microwave and that was dinner. Quick and easy.

I took some ground beef out of the freezer. If it thaws, we'll have meatloaf. If it's not thawed all the way, I'll make a pot of chili with it this afternoon and let it cook while we're decorating. Either way, we'll have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.