What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either different variation of meat pies or mashed potato and meat mixed, not sure yet which I will have time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a chuck roast at the store last night and am thinking of either beef stew, pot roast, or something similar in the pressure cooker tonight. I can have it done and dinner on the table when Dear Richard gets home from work bc he's working OT again this week.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up with a bread from freezer, with little meat topping, that was quick and easy as meat was already in fridge :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pork tenderloin, done on the indoor grill and with an apple cider glaze, roasted sweet potato chunks with carrots

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who stole my heart?
upload_2017-12-6_15-0-49.png

No dinner for that one! :D

I hate my oven, I truly hate it, heat is so uneven in it and surface seems to be hottest part of it.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow's dinner, (there are actually more of these, all weird shapes as I'm not very good in shaping things):
upload_2017-12-6_16-56-55.png

It is Fatayer recipe with improvements, reduced amount of oil and water, also brushed melted butter to those before baking, it does not leave annoying greasy film that way, but you still get that nice flavor and not much of bad fats. I think that this new recipe fits to my taste a lot better.
upload_2017-12-6_17-2-12.png

Today's dinner was pasta, meat and lingonberry jam.

It's hot in here now, baking all that and cooking has made apartment temperature to rise few degrees.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a small tray of frozen mac & cheese and some tomato soup for dinner. I went to a dental surgeon today to have a tumor checked that is under my tongue. He ended up doing a biopsy and took two stitches. He said because I smoked for 35 years he didn't want to take any chances.

They told me to just eat soft food and nothing spicy for a few days. It is starting to hurt because the novocaine is wearing off.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a small tray of frozen mac & cheese and some tomato soup for dinner. I went to a dental surgeon today to have a tumor checked that is under my tongue. He ended up doing a biopsy and took two stitches. He said because I smoked for 35 years he didn't want to take any chances.

They told me to just eat soft food and nothing spicy for a few days. It is starting to hurt because the novocaine is wearing off.
OuCH!!! ice cream and frozen Italian ices are good for dental stuff.. also the liquid yogurt shakes...smoothies....

Good luck..

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OuCH!!! ice cream and frozen Italian ices are good for dental stuff.. also the liquid yogurt shakes...smoothies....

Good luck..
Thanks, artiemom. Ice cream and frozen Italian ices would be good. I have both in the freezer but did not give them a thought last night. Now I'm eating multigrain cereal with a ripe banana. My tongue is really sore. He said he wanted to get the result of the biopsy before removing the tumor. I wish he had gone ahead and removed the tumor yesterday instead of making me go through this again.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
jtbo jtbo In a way, your Fatayer look rather like Cornish pasties. Only the Fatayer is bread-based and Cornish pasties are pastry-based; you use pie crust instead of bread for pasties. They really do look good. And so do your cookies!

muffy muffy I smoked 2-1/2 packs a day for 20 years, so I understand your wariness. I hope it's nothing serious and that the pain wears off quickly. Good luck to you.

Tonight is pizza night. I took some pizza dough out of the freezer and stuck it in the fridge last night. Not sure what all I'm going to throw on it: we have some 'shrooms, onions, mixed peppers, and a wee bit of turkey pepperoni in the fridge. Some mozz and some pepperjack cheese. I think Rick and I could live on pizza.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something new, I could not find such from internet, but it is one of the best things I have ever tasted, what is crazy is that it is healthy too.

I wonder if it would be possible to license food and sell license to big companies, that would give some income for sure :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, I actually had spaghetti last night. I had totally forgotten taking the sauce and bread out of the freezer yesterday morning. That means that tonight will be tuna salad or popcorn and hot chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.