What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made for dinner last night for today. Goya yellow rice.. added a can of ro-tel tomatoes.. a can of blackbeans .. some Queso Blanco- cheese all bought at BJ wholesale.. will have some hot sauce on top and shred a bit of rotisserie chicken in it as well .. delicious!!
That sounds really good. I do a lot of shopping at BJ's wholesale.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made chicken fricassee last night for diner. It hit the spot on a cold wintry day with the flurries flying around. The kitchen was warm from all the baking and the chicken was really good. I also made a couple quarts of cranberry relish with a wee bit leftover for me to have with my dinner last night (Rick doesn't like homemade cranberry relish; he prefers the canned stuff from Ocean Spray). I took an apple-raisin pie from the freezer and put that in the oven while my sourdough bread was baking. Yum.

Tonight is something with pork chops. I'm thinking of pork chops with apples. I have three Grannies left from our apple run the other month and need to get them used up. We've been eating a lot of apples....not that there's anything wrong with that! I have a couple sweet potatoes, too, and will make one to have with our pork chops.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ummmmmmmmm...I dunno. I forgot about the freezer, so probably scramb...no, I'm out of eggs. Chicken salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuna loaf is on the menu for tonight. With steamed carrots and a Caesar salad (I love Caesar salad).

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti, I think. I'm not sure. I know what I'm having Sunday. I'm having pork chops made with sweet onion/sour cream gravy and mashed potatoes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti, I think. I'm not sure. I know what I'm having Sunday. I'm having pork chops made with sweet onion/sour cream gravy and mashed potatoes.
Have Pasta tomorrow; took a container of sauce with sausages out of the freezer, this morning..it should be thawed by tomorrow's supper..

Tonight was a really gross can of soup...ended up throwing most of out.. gross...
Progresso Light Chicken Corn Chowder....gross....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were going to have tuna loaf last night. I came home from work, drained 2 cans of tuna, and started chopping onion and celery for the tuna loaf. Rick came over to me and said, "Dear, if it's ok, I'd rather have tuna and noodles." Yeah, we could do that. So he put the water on for the noodles and I made some minor adjustments (sliced and sauteed some mushrooms in with the onion and celery and made a cheesy white sauce) and we had tuna and noodles last night. He must have been really hungry for it because he ate almost the entire casserole. With the Caesar salad. The last of the apple-raisin pie for a bit of dessert.

Tonight I'm thinking breakfast for supper. I took some sausage links from the freezer last night and stuck them in the fridge. Either pancakes and sausage (I'm kind of hungry for pancakes) or maybe a veggie omelet and the sausage. Not sure yet, but leaning toward pancakes. I haven't had pancakes in ages and Rick loves them.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti, I think. Maybe a turkey sandwich. I'll decide when I know how long I'm going to be in the Health and Behavior forums!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, it sounds kinda good!

Father of furbabies Father of furbabies I know Rainsville! My mother managed a motel on Panama City Beach as I was growing up. We had several guests who stayed with us from Rainsville.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Took some sauce with sausage pieces, out of the freezer.. had that with pasta and some vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cool. It has changed since then more than likely. Had a tornado tear through part of the city in the last 5 yrs or so.

Planning to cook chicken tomorrow but not sure what to cook with it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor and I went to a new Italian restaurant I brought Eggplant Parmesan. I brought half of it home for my dinner. It was so good along with the salad and garlic bread.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pasta with lean ground beef, then pastry made with bread dough (so not real pastry) and lean ground beef filling, little bit of Soda.

So that came out as
1416.05 Calories
Carbs 205.42
Fat 26.27
Protein 75.5

This was very low activity day so I did eat quite bit less than usually.

Tomorrow is bit challenging, need to eat a lot at the morning to be able to burn lot of calories on bike ride.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day: Playing Santa, delivering gifts to people who have been so kind to me....It felt good.

I picked up a Pesto Tortellini frozen meal from Trader Joes.. that and perhaps some vanilla ice cream may be it... just had vanilla yogurt and coffee for breakfast... nothing else...

Status
Not open for further replies.