Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure about tonight.

On Sunday, I marinated two pork steaks in a garlic/olive oil/herb marinade and then tossed them on the grill. I made a bit of veggie rice with TJ's brown rice, caramelized onion, sauteed sliced 'shrooms, some mariachi peppers, and then added peas into the mix after the rest of the vegetables were finished and then added it all to the rice. Dessert was a small 9-inch streusel swirl coffee cake.

Anyway, there's a bit of pork leftover, but I have a feeling that Rick will have it for lunch today, since he's home. So I'm thinking of egg white frittatas done in the air fryer. They are so quick that way and they're really good. Maybe with a bowl of chunked fruit: watermelon, cantaloupe, and some blueberries.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met my husband's sister for lunch and I stuffed myself. :barfgreen: I think my dinner tonight will consist of fresh fruit.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pasta with spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, and a couple meatballs. i may heat it up slightly, or if it's hot/humid just eat it cold.
I've been putting cans of cat food in the fridge so it will be cold when my ferals eat it and maybe cool them down. I also change their water often and add ice to it.

Muffy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's an interesting idea, Muffy.

A grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast over salad

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have yellow squash and zucchini that my ex neighbor brought this morning from her garden. Fresh is so much better than frozen. I'm hoping she will bring some tomatoes.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. I think maybe tuna salad with crackers. That just sounds so cool and light.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been putting cans of cat food in the fridge so it will be cold when my ferals eat it and maybe cool them down. I also change their water often and add ice to it.

Muffy
that's a great idea!!! :agree:

i'll be having more pasta with spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese and meatballs, and some raw carrots/cauliflower pieces with hummus.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's a great idea!!!

Thanks. I was watching the news this morning and they said if you must leave your dogs outside to give them fruit because they are full of water. I cut up a piece of watermelon and a apple for my coons last night and the did not eat them. I won't do that again

I apologize for posting about animals in the dinner thread.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Either spaghetti or tuna salad (again). I have sauce thawing, but it's soooooooo hot and tuna salad with crackers is sooooooo cool and light in the tummy...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A variation of a turkey bolognese recipe I have. I used ground chicken instead of turkey this time and tossed in some frozen snap peas and edamame. I had it over pasta. It definitely needed a crusty baguette or roll to go with it. Next time...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Safeway today and brought their version of creamy mashed potatos & mac & cheese.
They were very good. I saw on TV today that today is national mac & cheese day.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Late dinner tonight so I made smashed avocado on toast. Green and red grapes on the side.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took two chicken thighs from the freezer this morning. I'm marinating them in a mustard-vinegar marinade and then we'll grill them. Grilled corn on the cob to go with. And blueberry buckle with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot I had bought dijon potato salad yesterday :doh: I'll have that tonight along with last night's leftovers. I need to buy crusty bread to go with it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Egg salad. Y'all are gonna hear "egg salad" and "tuna salad" a LOT during the hot months. They're just so cool and light and easy. And let us not forget "chicken salad" and "ham salad," and if I have enough money, "shrimp salad."

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Grilled pork steaks with zucchini parm spears and hasselback tomatoes (yep, tomatoes)

Status
Not open for further replies.