What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We still have some mac and cheese leftover and four wings. I'm going to make a Caesar salad with the last romaine heart and call the whole thing supper.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to BJ's this morning and brought a package of Michael Angelo's frozen vegetable lasagna with kale. I'm eating it now for dinner and it is very good.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to BJ's this morning and brought a package of Michael Angelo's frozen vegetable lasagna with kale. I'm eating it now for dinner and it is very good.

Muffy
mmmm......vegetable lasagna!! :yummy:

i'll be heating (in the microwave) some pasta with spaghetti sauce and some grated parmesan cheese, a few pickled beet slices, and the last of a can of sliced peaches.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti here, too. I actually remember to take the sauce out of the freezer last night. And I HAVE to get away from the dratted sandwiches. Too much bread is not good for me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
eating too much junk today.. I really needed a good meal, but went for a medium chocolate ice cream, instead.. and then junk...sigh..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Letfovers tonight but I made a batch of something new for tomorrow's dinner: Dinner Is Solved, Thanks to This Chicken and Orzo Skillet

I went to the bigger chain supermarket a little further down the street today and the produce selection was limited, even worse than the smaller chain supermarket that's nearly across the street from the complex I live in :ohwell: I only went that far because I wanted to feed the extra bits of leftover bread I had in the freezer to the geese and ducks in the little park behind the supermarket. No broccolini so I used broccoli rabe instead. I guess I could have just made an additional stop at the independent specialty grocery store on the way back. The cooked broccoli rabe isn't bad, a little bitter but it reminded me of Chinese broccoli. The supermarket didn't have chicken sausage either so I used Italian sausage instead.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could eat any kind of pasta or noodle all the time :yummy: I didn't have either very often growing up so maybe I'm just making up for that now;)

Dinner tonight is what I made yesterday, the orzo skillet thing. I bought an extra bunch of broccoli rabe so I'll saute that with some garlic and pepper and lemon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could eat any kind of pasta or noodle all the time :yummy: I didn't have either very often growing up so maybe I'm just making up for that now;)

Dinner tonight is what I made yesterday, the orzo skillet thing. I bought an extra bunch of broccoli rabe so I'll saute that with some garlic and pepper and lemon.
We had Italian all the time. I'm eating pizza right now. My mother made the best spaghetti sauce even my cat ate it.

What you are having sounds good. I love broccoli but never had broccoli rabe.

Muffy

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ramen noodles, maybe. I dunno. It's too hot. If I had a car I'd hit the store and get salad fixings.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very humid outside. I keep putting the AC on and off.. get cold, open windows, get hot, shut them again....

I never had broccoli rabe. I heard it was bitter. My city was an Italian community, until about 20 years ago. I heard that the way to cook broccoli rabe is to briefly boil it, to get out the bitterness, and then to finish cooking with EVOO and garlic in a frying pan....
add some parmesan cheese, and you are all set....

Having a salad for supper. A huge salad. I was going to add some chicken to it, but the chicken was 4 days old, so I decided to chuck it out. The rolls were old also...past the date and found a spot of mold on them. I do not eat much bread.

Pasta, I love!! I could live on Pasta and Pizza forever...and I am not even Italian.... got it through osmosis!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very humid outside. I keep putting the AC on and off.. get cold, open windows, get hot, shut them again....

I never had broccoli rabe. I heard it was bitter. My city was an Italian community, until about 20 years ago. I heard that the way to cook broccoli rabe is to briefly boil it, to get out the bitterness, and then to finish cooking with EVOO and garlic in a frying pan....
add some parmesan cheese, and you are all set....

Having a salad for supper. A huge salad. I was going to add some chicken to it, but the chicken was 4 days old, so I decided to chuck it out. The rolls were old also...past the date and found a spot of mold on them. I do not eat much bread.

Pasta, I love!! I could live on Pasta and Pizza forever...and I am not even Italian.... got it through osmosis!!
I hear it's going to be hot here, too. Most of this week will feel like it is in the 100's. I'll be staying inside except for one day when I have to go grocery shopping. The air in my car is not cold enough for me and the car is not even a year old.

I'll get some broccoli rabe if I can find it. I don't remember ever seeing it in the grocery stores.

I think everybody like pasta.

Muffy

Status
Not open for further replies.