What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom does the best lasagne in town. Furtunately there is something left from yesterday's dinner at my parent's home. Will go there again and eat the rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took some shrimp out of the freezer this morning and stuck it in the fridge to thaw. Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp over brown veggie rice will be our supper tonight. (And I told @mother dragon this morning that there will probably be a couple of swigs of tequila for the cook when I'm making the marinade this afternoon.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Spaghetti. Making a big pot of pasta sauce for the freezer today.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is leftovers week at our house. ;) Earlier in the week I had leftover veggie chili, last night I had leftover tuscan pizza, so yummy (sliced tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms & asparagus). Tonight I have to finish the leftover pasta or else I'm afraid I'll have to throw it out and I hate to waste food. Maybe I'll pick up some gelato to go with the pasta. :yummy:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to make...anyone have suggestions? I have one egg, leftover french toast (which I had last night and again this morning) some frozen chicken breast, frozen pork, fish sticks, old parsnips, mushrooms, lettuce....
Maybe I'll just order a pizza. :dunno:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what to make...anyone have suggestions? I have one egg, leftover french toast (which I had last night and again this morning) some frozen chicken breast, frozen pork, fish sticks, old parsnips, mushrooms, lettuce....
Maybe I'll just order a pizza. :dunno:
LOL, it's Friday and the start of the holiday weekend so go ahead and order a pizza, treat yourself! :biggrin:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pickled beets, especially in a salad.

Muffy
i love them too! :yummy: i use the pickle liquid left after i finish a jar of sweet bread & butter pickles, fill it with two cans of drained sliced beets, then mark with a 'ready to eat' date and put it in the fridge -- just about perfect is when it's sat for about 3 weeks. this also works quite well using other canned veggies -- another one i like is cut green beans, pickled.

tonight will be a hot dog (no bun), potato salad, and some pineapple chunks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Picnic at my sister's house today. She said she was making pulled pork in the crock pot (she doesn't want to mess her grill :lol: ), macaroni salad, and our SIL is bringing a cucumber salad. I'm making crock pot beans and taking along a ton of the cookies that I made yesterday. Beer, Smirnoff, and margaritas.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Student? ;) Usually had this as a stud or rice with ketchup! :p
LOL...not for decades. Senior living alone. I go with quick and easy most of the time, with occasional forays into full meals with new and exotic recipes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was downstairs rooting around in the freezer. Took out some chicken thighs to thaw and then to marinade. We'll do them on the grill for supper tonight. And just throw together a simple salad to go with them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure about dinner yet because we have too many desserts to choose from tonight, i.e. homemade four-berry pie courtesy of the farmer's market, watermelon, fresh blackberries and cappuccino gelato. I can't think about dinner when I'm more excited about dessert. :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~cringes slightly~ um...hot dogs again. I can't get enough of them, for some reason! Dunno if it is the dogs, or the onions and cheese, but I'm craving the darned things!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure about dinner yet because we have too many desserts to choose from tonight, i.e. homemade four-berry pie courtesy of the farmer's market, watermelon, fresh blackberries and cappuccino gelato. I can't think about dinner when I'm more excited about dessert. :wink:
LOL...bake a chicken breast. Call the berry pie, watermelon and blackberries "side dishes" and the gelato "dessert."

Status
Not open for further replies.