What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A baked sweet potato. Just that. It's the size of both of my doubled fists. Won't need anything else! And it is so fresh that there is still dirt clinging to it. It was dug up yesterday.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure. If I need a quick meal tonight it may be eggs. If not it may be zucchini noodles with sauce and meatballs.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork medallions, cheesy pepper-onion mashed potatoes, haricots verts with roasted pepita seeds.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
grilled cheese sandwich, tortilla chips with salsa, some (canned) pineapple chunks with juice, and a slice of banana bread.
well, all of that didn't happen. i had the tortilla chips and salsa as well as a cherry nanaimo bar. will have a peanut butter and concord grape jelly sandwich shortly, to kind of finish off the dinner thought.

for dinner tonight 'll have that grilled cheese sandwich, more tortilla chips with salsa, and a slice of banana bread. though, i'm not guaranteeing that i'll eat that all at once, likely to be spread out through the early evening and overnight tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably tuna melts or something with tuna on 100-calorie rolls. I have a meeting right after work and won't get home at least until 6. Rick wants to visit with his mom. It's going to be a bit hectic and we need something quick. And it's really too warm and muggy for soup from the freezer.

I might even suggest that we go visit with his mother and stop for a ice cream cone on the way home and that's supper. I've been on a serious ice cream binge lately, but trying to stay with child-size portions.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Impossibly Easy pie again. Chicken and broccoli this time. I don't ever seem to get tired of these, probably because I bake so many varieties at one time.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Grabbed a couple of rotisserie chicken thighs at the grocery store. I had that mixed in with my salad.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stepmom sent me home with a mountain of leftover mac 'n cheese on Father's Day. So I'm eating mac 'n cheese with "something" for dinner tonight. Not sure what the something is yet.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight will be the zucchini noodles with meatballs and sauce.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sautéed thinly sliced pork with stir fry medley of tatume squash, fresh corn kernels, red bell pepper and garlic. Sprinkle of parmesan cheese on veg.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight will be the zucchini noodles with meatballs and sauce.
Everybody's dinner looked so good last night. All I had was corn on the cob and cottage cheese. I saw on one of the cooking shows where they put mayo on the corn on the cob. It was pretty good.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
egg salad sandwich, tortilla chips with salsa, raw carrot/celery/cauliflower pieces with ranch salad dressing as a dip, and during the overnight i'll have a slice of banana bread.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think a shrimp caesar salad, unless I get ambitious and make shrimp tacos, but that's not likely. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Everybody's dinner looked so good last night. All I had was corn on the cob and cottage cheese. I saw on one of the cooking shows where they put mayo on the corn on the cob. It was pretty good. Muffy
That sounds interesting, muffy muffy . I think I would add just a dash of sriracha to the mayonnaise, just for a wee bit of a kick. Not a lot. I may have to try that with the sriracha. Thanks for the idea! (Rick usually puts butter on his corn; I usually have mine plain or with a teeny bit of lemon and pepper.)

Tonight we are having vegetarian taco salad; we just had it a couple weeks ago, but for some reason, I think I could eat it again. Rick will have his on a bed of tortilla chips.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hot dogs, again. I seem to be addicted to them. Laid in a supply when shopping yesterday. I just have to get the mandoline out and julienne the onions. Well, actually, I do then across the rings, which give me a nice, small dice.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You know, I have an inexpensive mandolin, which I have never used! They were doing a demo in Walmart, and like an idiot, I bought one. It was so cheap. It is somewhere in my store room..If I can find it?? :shocked:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reheated chicken breast, sautéed potatoes in butter, tatume squash with garlic. Side salad of romaine, red cabbage, spring onion and pepitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.