What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not vegetarian but I absolutely adore chickpeas and hummus. I used to hate both. But I use them in salad too with a little pepper since they can be bland.
There's so many yummy vegetarian foods that I never tried until I gave up meat. Like chickpeas and hummus. And lentils. And vegetarian baked beans, which is tonight's dinner.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not crazy about any of the store bought veggie patties, and prefer the flavour of my own, but I wish I could find a way to keep them from falling apart. The one that works best for me includes both egg and cheese, and though I'm not vegan, it seems a little too "non veggie" for me.
My daughter and i went to a chef demo by Lindsay Nixon, the Happy Herbivore. She has a great easy recipe for black bean burgers. Here it is: Quick & Easy Black Bean Burgers (6 ingredients! 15 minutes!)

I have been fortunate to find some wonderful veggie burgers at local farmer's markets also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought up some pork chops from the freezer. I'm going to thaw them, then brine them for an hour or so, then use some Northwoods seasoning (Penzey) and throw them on the grill with a brown sugar/hot sauce BBQ sauce. A twice-baked sweet potato for Rick. A simple salad to go with and chocolate marshmallow ice cream for a bit of dessert.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HAH! Dunno WHY I didn't think of this last night, but I made pepperoni, onion and bell pepper pizza Impossibly Easy pies! I have a big ol' slice out thawing for tonight!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tuna salad tonight. I'm going to do laundry after I finish posting here, and I want quick, easy and COOL!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm doing Hello Fresh this week. I seem to be averaging doing it once a month. I'm not sure if I'm going to make the teriyaki pork tonight or the chicken with herbs de provence.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We bought catfish last night and will do it on the grill with a bit of salad tonight for supper.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Orzo salad with spinach and corn and goat cheese.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~drools lightly on keyboard~ I really hate not having a car when I read stuff like that! I just can't get fresh ingredients but once a month!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
turkey enchiladas (previously frozen, so will top with some salsa and a bit of plain yogurt after heating in the microwave), raw carrot and celery pieces with ranch salad dressing as a dip, and a slice of banana bread.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. We're going to be running around after work tonight, so either a stop at Red Robin or (hmmmm,) Chinese sounds good right now. Or maybe call for a pizza when we get home. But, you know, Chinese does sound pretty good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Because of everything going on yesterday, Rick didn't get home until late last night. I ordered a pizza for delivery and that was our supper.

We are grilling hot dogs today, weather permitting. Grilling the buns, too, and slathering with cheese, relish, ketchup, and mustard. Rick took a quart of baked beans out of the freezer. And that will be fine for us tonight (dessert is a soft-serve ice cream cone).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We hit the butcher yesterday for two lovely delmonico steaks (and a ring of garlic bologna for Rick) to grill tonight. I'm making a bit of macaroni salad and some bread pudding to go with the steaks. And a pitcher of mint tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.