What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover pan seared salmon and quinoa and some peas from a can. And a few pieces of cheese tortellini from a package that I cooked to have for lunch tomorrow.

artiemom artiemom those carrot noodles fom Trader Joe's are yummy :yummy: I had a box in the freezer and finally got around to making it. I need to go to Trader Joe's soon to stock up on groceries.

That sounds really good. I love a good salad.

Muffy
The recipie is here: Easy Orzo Salad | Recipes & Meals - Stop&Shop Not suggested in the online recipie but in the store recipe magazine is to make the salad into a more filling meal by adding protein such as roasted salmon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover pan seared salmon and quinoa and some peas from a can. And a few pieces of cheese tortellini from a package that I cooked to have for lunch tomorrow.

artiemom artiemom those carrot noodles fom Trader Joe's are yummy :yummy: I had a box in the freezer and finally got around to making it. I need to go to Trader Joe's soon to stock up on groceries.

The recipie is here: Easy Orzo Salad | Recipes & Meals - Stop&Shop Not suggested in the online recipie but in the store recipe magazine is to make the salad into a more filling meal by adding protein such as roasted salmon.
Oh that Orzo looks so good. I have really been craving pasta lately. That 4 berry pie also looks good.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tuna pasta salad. I'll make it when I get home from work and let it chill in the fridge while we grab some groceries. I put two cans of tuna in the fridge this morning and I made two hard-boiled eggs for the salad while making dinner last night.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
two hot dogs (no buns) and some potato salad.
But...but...how do you keep the cheese and onions on the dogs without the buns? I DON'T UNNERSTAND!

Winchester Winchester That sounds lovely. If I had some sort of pasta that wasn't long and stringy (spaghetti), I'd do that myself. I'll just have to make do with plain old tuna salad. Don't think I'll do sandwiches, just have it with crackers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Falafel with broccoli and cauliflower, and watermelon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But...but...how do you keep the cheese and onions on the dogs without the buns? I DON'T UNNERSTAND!

Winchester Winchester That sounds lovely. If I had some sort of pasta that wasn't long and stringy (spaghetti), I'd do that myself. I'll just have to make do with plain old tuna salad. Don't think I'll do sandwiches, just have it with crackers.
LOL -- i've never even tried cheese with a hot dog. i could use a piece of bread as a bun, just wrapped around the hot dog, but i just never end up bothering to do that. i add some (most times) mustard to dip the 'dog' in, or (rarely) ketchup. :dunno:

tonight i'll have another couple hot dogs (no buns), and some potato salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're doing a couple racks of baby back ribs and some wings on the grill. I have the ribs seasoned, but need to do the wings. And make the slathers for both. John Legend's Mac and Cheese, coleslaw, and Northern Cherry Puffs for dessert. Lemonade iced tea.

Going over to my sister's tonight to see the fireworks. We have a few bottles of Granny Z's Mint Iced Tea for later. Granny Z's is iced tea combined with a mint wine. Doesn't get any easier than that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Going to our neighbor's house for a BBQ. Can't wait, I don't have to worry about what's for dinner! :clap:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In honor of the holiday, I'm having scrambled eggs and toast. Don't ask me why that honors the holiday. I no clue. It's just what I'm hungry for. And I take my scrambled eggs VERY seriously! I even have a little 7" pan that is JUST for scrambling eggs.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a small amount of potato salad. The first time I have made it in several years. Surprised, that it came out really good.

I went to the butchers, the other day, and picked up a sirloin strip steak.

Using my tiny George Foreman Grill, I grilled the steak, after marinating it for several hours with Penzy's Krakow Nights spice mix...

It was so good... Had a couple glasses of a very nice Rose wine I picked up.... and some vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate sauce for dessert....

My holiday celebration...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a batch of that orzo salad again. I was too lazy to make anything else. I used a spinach / kale mix this time and added in some jarred mandarin orange segments and some leftover rotisserie chicken. I have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week, both lunch to take to work and dinner :biggrin:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to our neighbor's house for a BBQ. Can't wait, I don't have to worry about what's for dinner! :clap:
My sister invited me over to her house today for a BBQ. They had chicken. mac salad,
corn and squash. It was good and nice to get out of this house for awhile. They live right behind me. I also enjoyed playing with their two Boston Terriers. They don't like cats.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I think it's time to stop with the fireworks. They have been going off for over 2 hours.

Muffy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tonight we will have leftovers from last night.

I was disappointed in the ribs yesterday. Two hours on the grill at 300 degrees, followed by two hours in the oven (wrapped in foil for the oven, not the grill) and they were not done. They tasted wonderful, but they were not "falling off the bone" done which is what Rick wanted. He seems to think it might have been the ribs themselves because four hours should have been long enough for baby backs. The wings were done in about 45 minutes and they were pretty much right off the bone. I don't know what I did to those ribs.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Leftovers here too. Grilled chicken, sirloin tips, salad and corn.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another leftovers here also, I even have my choice of leftovers, e.g. Tuscan pizza, pasta or veggie chili. Maybe I'll just combine all three.:biggrin:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old neighbor dropped by yesterday and left me some yellow squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Tonight I stir fried the squash and made a salad with the cucumbers. Very tasty. Fresh vegetables is about the only thing I like about summer.

Muffy

Status
Not open for further replies.