What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
leftover Chinese food... one spring roll with sauce, and 1/2 order of Pad Thai..

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled pork steaks with zucchini parm spears and hasselback tomatoes (yep, tomatoes)
I've been craving eggplant parmp for the last few days. I will probably go to Olive garden next week and get carry out. A good salad and bread sticks come with it.

Thanks for the recipes you posted earlier. They all look delicious.

Muffy

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm having Panera's Minestrone soup, It's not so good. I won"t buy it again.
Oh yeah, it's time for my vitamin pill.
Muffy

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buffalo mac and cheese from the supermarket's grab and go section. The selection was extrememly limited :headshake: I also got a whole rotisserie chicken. I could have gone to Whole Foods but it's too pricey, the other customers tend to be really snobby, and I didn't want to carry a bag the mile and a half home.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuna salad. Don't shoot! It's too hot to even boil water for spaghetti!
Sounds good! Think I'll follow your lead since I have nothing thawed to cook. Tuna salad on a bed of fresh spinach with some toasted flour tortilla strips it is then. ...but I will be boiling water for eggs. heehee

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers from dinner out with friends last night - veggie burger on sesame seed bun with avocado slices, tomato, onion and spinach lettuce.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds good! Think I'll follow your lead since I have nothing thawed to cook. Tuna salad on a bed of fresh spinach with some toasted flour tortilla strips it is then. ...but I will be boiling water for eggs. heehee
Yeah. I'm having it again today! It's just killing hot out there. If I had a way to the store, I'd try to find a small head of Boston lettuce. It's great for making tuna salad and chicken salad wraps.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I'm having it again today! It's just killing hot out there. If I had a way to the store, I'd try to find a small head of Boston lettuce. It's great for making tuna salad and chicken salad wraps.
Yes, it was yummy on top of spinach for dinner last night with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds. Today I rolled up a tuna salad and cheese burrito for lunch.

Tonight is brisket I crock-potted today and "something else I find in the kitchen" to go with the meat. Maybe brisket topped spinach. :p Have. to. eat. that. huge. box. of. spinach.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could have gone to Whole Foods but it's too pricey, the other customers tend to be really snobby, and I didn't want to carry a bag the mile and a half home.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. There is a little organic store I go to here and the people walk
around with their noses in the air. They are all thin and dress nice. I'm surprise they even let me in the front door.

Muffy

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have tuna salad sandwiches (tuna melt for DD) once a week. She loves them. We'll probably have them on Thursday

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could have gone to Whole Foods but it's too pricey, the other customers tend to be really snobby, and I didn't want to carry a bag the mile and a half home.
I know what you mean. There is a little organic store I go to here and the people walk
around with their noses in the air. They are all thin and dress nice. I'm surprise they even let me in the front door.

Muffy[/QUOTE]

There's a store near me like that too. I went there once and expected them to stop me at the door and say, "Are you lost dear? Wal Mart is THAT way. Thanks for stopping by though". :lol: :rolleyes2:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The clientele of supermarkets in wealthy areas can be pretty rude, too. I once hobbled through Wegman's on crutches after visiting the doctor (the doctor's office was on the upper floor of the same building complex) and well dressed people kept pushing past me and gave me a Look:angrywoman: I'm surprised I wasn't knocked over.

Leftovers tonight, rotisserie chicken and maybe some rice or pasta to go with it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The clientele of supermarkets in wealthy areas can be pretty rude, too. I once hobbled through Wegman's on crutches after visiting the doctor (the doctor's office was on the upper floor of the same building complex) and well dressed people kept pushing past me and gave me a Look:angrywoman: I'm surprised I wasn't knocked over.

Leftovers tonight, rotisserie chicken and maybe some rice or pasta to go with it.
People can be so rude. I walk with a cane and most people are nice. Several times
|'ve gone to BJ's and I had something heavy to put in the trunk. Almost every time a man will stop to do the heavy lifting.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

People can be so rude. I walk with a cane and most people are nice. Several times
|'ve gone to BJ's and I had something heavy to put in the trunk. Almost every time a man will stop to do the heavy lifting.

Muffy
When we are in the grocery store and see somebody in a scooter, we'll stop and ask if we can get something down from a shelf for them. Or if we're in the parking lot and see somebody having problems, we'll help them get their groceries into their car. I've had enough guys help me with heavy things, so I try to pay it forward.

For example, yesterday, I was finagling around with that pizza oven box (it's a bit on the heavy side). A guy came over in the store and put it into my cart for me. I thanked him. So, after paying, when I went out to my car, the same guy was going to his truck. He walked over and took it from the shopping cart and put it in the trunk of my car. I thanked him again and he said, "You know, when you make pizza, I should be invited to dinner since I've helped you twice!" And I replied, "Yes, I know, but I don't think my husband would like it very much!" We laughed and went on our way.

I have two dozen zucchini in the fridge; they are to be used on Friday for zucchini relish. I'm going to spare one or two small ones and spiralize them tonight. We'll have them with a bit of pasta sauce and freshly grated parm.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took a package of Hillshire Farm turkey kielbasa from the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge. I'm going to slice it, saute it with onions and some chunked peppers, add some bowtie pasta, some broccoli, fresh basil, and some chopped tomatoes and call it supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.