What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK. Y'all are gonna think I have lost my mind, but...tuna salad, YET AGAIN. I do my monthly shopping tomorrow, and I'm going to pick up a few "quick, easy, cool" items to have on hand besides a can of tuna!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We were debating between going out for Thai food or hamburgers on the grill, but I've been picking in the garden, cooking and then freezing for a good part of the day, so it's going to be a frozen pizza. I'm exhausted.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Vegetarian burrito with black beans and rice, guacamole and chips on the side

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made tuna pasta salad yesterday. It was cool and refreshing in all this heat.

Not sure about today....it's going to be a busy afternoon. There are leftovers in the fridge, so they just might be dinner tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I have a refrigerator and pantry full of stuff, and it's too hot to care! I did get canned chicken breast, so I can now make chicken salad without having to cook a breast for it! And that sounds pretty nice right now. I also have seedless grapes...I could chop up a few of those to throw in, or just eat on the side, and doesn't that sound wonderfully cool and refreshing on a hot summer night!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did have leftovers last night....we were both just too hot and too pooped to care about dinner.

And depending on how things go, it may be short and sweet tonight, too. We really wanted to use the pizza oven box this weekend, but the weather will not cooperate.

I'm thinking of a soft-serve child's size ice cream cone for my supper.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We have leftover pizza, salad, hamburgers, corn and green beans in the fridge, so probably some combination of that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think Sunday is leftovers night at our house. :biggrin: So tonight it will be leftover pasta casserole with a side salad.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may, just may, order pizza tonight. I have a 50% off deal from Papa John's when ordering online. That would be nice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I may, just may, order pizza tonight. I have a 50% off deal from Papa John's when ordering online. That would be nice.
Definitely nice! Go ahead, treat yourself, a 50% off coupon is a good deal. :thumbsup:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We took out Thai food last night, so tonight will be the leftovers.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Dear Richard decides to make is OK. If he doesn't make anything, I'll probably have a sandwich.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some vegetarian chili Saturday night and I have enough for 4 servings. I'm eating my third serving now and I'm getting pretty tired of it.
My neighbor brought me some more zuccini this morning. I'm getting pretty tired of that, too.

Muffy

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a beautiful pureed carrot soup yesterday with organic carrots, fresh tomato, onion, bell pepper, oregano and fresh basil cooked in homemade chicken stock. First time I tried that. It made a nice, thick pasta sauce with parmesan for last night's supper.

Tonight is leftover carrot soup (without the pasta), leftover pulled pork, and garlic bread. Will reheat soup with some cubed baked potato and thin with a little more stock...and maybe a little cream and butter.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't last night, I made a lovely, cool chicken salad. But tonight, I'm ordering pizza! Haven't had that in the budget in MONTHS!
Enjoy your pizza tonight - any toppings and, if so, which ones?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I had a cheese sandwich and 2 nectarines for my supper last night.

Grilled salmon tonight. I'm going to spiralize a zucchini, saute it, add some caramelized onions, minced garlic, some barely cooked broccoli, sauteed 'shrooms, and chopped tomatoes. Top it off with some freshly grated Parm.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I'm going to try out the instant pot and make pulled pork. I picked up some corn on the cob this morning and I'll also make cucumber salad.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cheese sandwich and 2 nectarines for my supper last night.

Grilled salmon tonight. I'm going to spiralize a zucchini, saute it, add some caramelized onions, minced garlic, some barely cooked broccoli, sauteed 'shrooms, and chopped tomatoes. Top it off with some freshly grated Parm.
That really sounds good. I dearly love zucchini but my neighbor has been bringing me so much I'm really getting tired of it. I also love mushrooms, tomatoes and broccoli.

Muffy

Status
Not open for further replies.