Updates from Kiev

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I paid $6.68 per gallon of gas yesterday. High, but I reminded myself that I am lucky not to be living in a war torn country, that I am safe, and that I can drive around freely and safely. It absolutely does not compare to what is going on in Ukraine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I paid $6.68 per gallon of gas yesterday. High, but I reminded myself that I am lucky not to be living in a war torn country, that I am safe, and that I can drive around freely and safely. It absolutely does not compare to what is going on in Ukraine.
Is this in the correct thread.. I thought this was Paul's thead--- updates from him on Ukraine?
I think you need the gas price thread...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all very much for your continued support it means a lot to me and everyone else.We are so very sorry that you are suffering price rises and that some parts of the world may suffer food shortages later this year but please understand this is the price of freedom.
It's nothing compared to what is happening in Ukraine. Most of us here in the U.S. eat too much and waste too much anyway.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I was responding to what Paul and rubysmama said about others in the world having hardships to face in light of what is happening in Ukraine and agreeing that I am not considering paying a high price for gas to be something that I should complain about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another day with nothing to report, which is really the best news I can offer. I understand Ukraine has made some gains around Kiev but that poor Mariupol is still being bombed into the stone age. This is really sickening and I am praying that the Russian logistical situation is as bad as I have read but at the same time Ukraine is spending ammunition like it's water and there is a limit to what our war stocks must be also so we are desperately hoping for Western help.

Nothing to report on the cat front, Our 3 are well, the 3 upstairs are also looking ok - they could do with a pedicure but I don't think that any of them will let us do it and Burmese Timmi next door is being cared for by his Grandma. We have heard that Irina and Sascha hope to come back to Kiev next week - they run an AMWAY business and have been back a couple of times to handle deliveries etc.

Well thanks for listening to me drivel on - take care everyone and hopefully I will have nothing to tell you tomorrow

Love to all
Paul and Alina

:p🇬🇧🇺🇦

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Today has been a lovely spring day, my part of Kyiv Google Maps is quiet as it has been most of the day. There have been some air raid warnings and a couple of louder explosions but nothing to wake a cat up.

Thank you all very much for your continued support it means a lot to me and everyone else.We are so very sorry that you are suffering price rises and that some parts of the world may suffer food shortages later this year but please understand this is the price of freedom.

Paul
Kiev
Where I am only modest price increases and I’m certainly having no problem with it.
I have so much more than the people suffering through this and I’m grateful for the people of Ukraine fighting.
Thank you for your updates!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Verna and everyone

Thanks for your concern we have had a pretty quiet weekend, Saturday was communion at my church so we helped a number of people to attend which included a drive to the western edge of Kyiv. The check points here are more serious and we had documents inspected several times. We passed one Self propelled howitzer but it was parked up and not set for action. No signs of any damage in the areas we went to. We did hear some bad news a friend of Alina's had her house shelled while they were out. The resulting fire has destroyed everything and they are left with a vehicle, the clothes they were wearing and their internal passports. Lena has got a one room apartment in Kyiv and says they will probably move back here. We obviously sent what help we can and if they are in Kyiv we can continue to assist.

That's all for now guys but I have been asked if I want this thread moved to IMO. What's your thoughts? I really don't want to upset the moderators so please can we respect the rules

Thanks a million again

Paul and Alina

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been asked if I want this thread moved to IMO. What's your thoughts?
My vote is no. Only because I think that the thread will get too political and we will lose what's important, YOU.
Even though I don't respond like the others do, I do check this thread everyday to make sure you, Alina and the cats are alright. I think this thread would be hard to follow with all the political stuff that would be added to it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Paul9856 Paul9856 : Thank you for the update. It's always a relief to see a post from you. So awful about Alina's friend's house, but thankfully they were out when it happened.

That's all for now guys but I have been asked if I want this thread moved to IMO. What's your thoughts? I really don't want to upset the moderators so please can we respect the rules
I would prefer this thread to remain here in The Lounge, as like kashmir64 kashmir64 said, it would likely get bogged down with political comments, and lose its purpose which is to let you share how you and Alina and the cats are doing.

Of course, if you want to post more political comments, the IMO forum is the place to do that. But please continue to post regular updates here for those of us who don't follow the IMO threads.

Sending more love your way. :redheartpump:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I really don't want to upset the moderators so please can we respect the rules
Hi Paul! :wave3: Moderator here. While I don’t really post in this thread, you are in my thoughts and I also get concerned when you don’t post for a few days.

To everyone: We realize at times it is extremely hard to not get political in this thread. As most of you know we really try hard to only allow the political posts in the IMO forum. Many, many members appreciate the respite that our forum is compared to other forums and sites on the internet. We’ve had to delete some political posts in this thread. Since Paul is getting closer to being eligible to post in IMO he was asked what he prefers. It’s Paul’s decision. None of us are going through what he is and maybe he wants to get into the politics of it. :dunno:

Taking my Moderator’s hat off for a minute, I agree with those that have already posted that I think it’s better in the Lounge. I also worry it would take the focus away from you and it may concentrate on the politics. Myself and some of the other mods are keeping an eye on the thread already. Members would just have to realize that this isn’t the place for politics.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am glad that you are still safe; it is both brave and kind of you to continue participation with your community.

I agree that moving this will change the tone of the thread and obscure your personal posts with many political views and comments. Knowing that you, Alina, and the cats (yours and others) are safe and able to communicate has been, for me, of utmost importance.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update.

I am glad for a nonpolitical place for updates. The missionary I mentioned has only been on social media about once a week; but you both are continually on my mind and it’s been good to have general updates on how you are doing. And I hope it’s encouraging for you to know we care and our hearts are with you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My vote is no. Only because I think that the thread will get too political and we will lose what's important, YOU.
I completely agree and couldn't have said it better myself. :agree:

Paul, we sincerely appreciate your update today. We are all saddened to hear about Alina's friend getting their house shelled. Fortunately they were out when it happened although I know they must be heartbroken. 😥 I'm sure they are thankful they have Alina and you to assist them. Stay safe my friend and take care of yourselves. :hugs: