Updates from Kiev

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was raised Adventist, so I understand about Sabbath services. I do hope that your particular church is a small one, as that would be less likely to be bombed. If not, I suggest that this might be a good Sabbath to visit one of the smaller churches (assuming there are more than one in Kiev).

Margret

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There was a very loud bang yesterday at about 2300 but it doesn't seem to have been close. Today has been quiet with a few air raid alerts and only occasional rumbling so we are hoping for a quiet night. It is a very pleasant spring evening which is a shame as I am really hoping for heavy rain - turn the ground to mud. I recommend that you check out Arnold Scharzenegger's message to the Russian people and if you have any connections at all to Russia please send it on. The more people who see it the better - I guess he is like Zelenski, everyone is stuck on his acting (or lack thereof) and are missing his real ability :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine who has written a computer programming language that's available for free recently got an email from a Russian man who's been enjoying programming in my friend's computer language. The Russian said something that you might be interested in:
I'm not sure what you're being told (considering that Schwartzenegger began to convince Russians that Zelensky is Jewish and can't be Nazy :)), but Russia is not fighting with Ukraine. Some of us even have relatives in Ukraine.
Margret

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine who has written a computer programming language that's available for free recently got an email from a Russian man who's been enjoying programming in my friend's computer language. The Russian said something that you might be interested in:

Margret
I know, it beggars belief but many many Russians really have swallowed Putin's lines, I could send him pictures of the apartment block near me that was hit in the early stages but he wouldn't believe that either and I am sure he wouldn't want to look at this article

I could laugh but I am afraid I would cry instead
Paul

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today has been a lovely spring day, my part of Kyiv Google Maps is quiet as it has been most of the day. There have been some air raid warnings and a couple of louder explosions but nothing to wake a cat up.

Thank you all very much for your continued support it means a lot to me and everyone else.We are so very sorry that you are suffering price rises and that some parts of the world may suffer food shortages later this year but please understand this is the price of freedom.

Paul
Kiev

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The price increases and possibility of food shortages are certainly a concern, but it doesn't compare at all to what is happening in Ukraine. My heart breaks for the lives lost, and the horrible destruction to the country's infrastructure. I cannot imagine what living through this must be like for you and Alina. Sending continued love and hugs from Canada. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: