Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Look TT- I watched a video on how to do a screen shot( above for you to see,no options but to post reply with attachment)????

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you using a phone to do all this? Are you doing this in Portrait or Landscape position for you phone?
Yes- the phone..... either way,phone doesn't really give option of portrait or landscape but when I take photos its usually on portrait I believe as the phone is usually held upright( maybe that's the difference- the type of photo?)Now that you mention it I believe the ones that are not giving me tye options of full image are photos I've taken holding phone sideways which I believe would be landscape mode..... make sense?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes- the phone..... either way,phone doesn't really give option of portrait or landscape but when I take photos its usually on portrait I believe as the phone is usually held upright( maybe that's the difference- the type of photo?)Now that you mention it I believe the ones that are not giving me tye options of full image are photos I've taken holding phone sideways which I believe would be landscape mode..... make sense?
It has nothing to do whether you take a photo in landscape or portrait mode. It's when you are composing the message and see if the 'Full Image' turns up when in Landscape mode.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It has nothing to do whether you take a photo in landscape or portrait mode. It's when you are composing the message and see if the 'Full Image' turns up when in Landscape mode.
Thanks for taking so much time to try and help me,The phone gives no such option when composing a message or retrieving a file from the photo selections - you have but 2options to post "select" & " done" or delete/cancel- if you want to crop,adjust or anything else you can only do that prior to making your selection to attach file.....I'm sure there are more options on a conputer or even an iPhone,I've got a pretty basic Samsung Galaxy that Im not very goox at - my previous phone ,an LG Stylus was much easier,many more options & with one touch- this thing is ridiculously difficult,even to take a screenshot - poor design imo

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks for taking so much time to try and help me,The phone gives no such option when composing a message or retrieving a file from the photo selections - you have but 2options to post "select" & " done" or delete/cancel- if you want to crop,adjust or anything else you can only do that prior to making your selection to attach file.....I'm sure there are more options on a conputer or even an iPhone,I've got a pretty basic Samsung Galaxy that Im not very goox at - my previous phone ,an LG Stylus was much easier,many more options & with one touch- this thing is ridiculously difficult,even to take a screenshot - poor design imo
Sometimes the phone does not show the whole page or options when in the portrait orientation due to space constrain. Try turning it to Landscape orientation and see if the other options shows up.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in landscape view now-still no options with those particular photos
Very hard go post with the keyboard spread across- whew

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom he's so funny- you know how he's been studying the others for months so now thst he's brave he's trying everything out- I found him sitting in Bellas stroller- adorable ,then I saw him head for the front room and went to see whst he was up to and he made himself very comfortable in the window hammock,just laying there like a rock star!

He is good about eating in the kitchen now but Graycie and Bella are more reluctant than him!!!!So I'm still juggling dishes a little....

He's still afraid of visitors but if they stay in the dining room he doesn't run to his cubby,he'll watch from the ottoman that he lays on or slips out to the patio or onto the cat condo..... huge progress,starting to watch familar people now .....

TT,he's a really good boy-very smart,learned words ( eg: up,come and no)- he knows his name and he's starting to PLAY( wand,toys).... Coming along wonderfully

Attachments

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
he's so funny- you know how he's been studying the others for months so now thst he's brave he's trying everything out- I found him sitting in Bellas stroller- adorable ,then I saw him head for the front room and went to see whst he was up to and he made himself very comfortable in the window hammock,just laying there like a rock star!
All these weeks he has been observing and trying out new things as the days go by. That's cool!

Everyone in one photo- wow!
They must be having a meeting.................................. :lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So ,funny story...

Each morning I scoop
Max up & administer the eye lubricant- just flip him on his back ,he's so sweet,so easy

Well ,I come up behind him & scoop him up but oddly he sort of went all crooked so I was not fully grasping why he was resisting and awkwardly not flipping over- SURPRISE I got bit on the hand...... it wasn't Max rofl- that's right,poor Timmy got the shock of his life and was trying to get down and as a last resort bit my hand---- poor darling Timmy,he darted off and looked at me as if ro say" What thr heck just happened,are you insane?"

Well,serves me right - lol- for not paying attention and it's pretty incredible that I wasn't sliced n diced and he only wanted me to let go after about 3times of trying to flip him over on his back while holding him up by my chest---- it's a good bite on my hand and how else could Timmy say" let go of me & stop flipping me around " -I keep opening it and pouring alcohol and putting polysporin topical ointment-hope it doesn't get infected ,

So so so stupid:duh!Took him a minute to relax at my approach but I insisted on putting my hand over him to pet him,certainly didn't want to leave off on thst note- he was quickly back to his trusting self-seems to be well over it and he's my wonderful sweet boy ....poor baby,funny thing that Max was right there watching probably wondering what the heck I was doing to Timmy

That's my story- such a numbskull

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
that's right,poor Timmy got the shock of his life and was trying to get down and as a last resort bit my hand---- poor darling Timmy,he darted off and looked at me as if ro say" What thr heck just happened,are you insane?"
This is a feral instinct. They learned it well when they were outdoors as a defense. My boy is the same. He was rescued when he was around 3 weeks old and I guess he gad to defend himself as he was all alone and don't know whatever spooked him or something did to his memory that certain things are bad for him. He is very defensive and at the same time offensive. Just to cut the story short, whenever he sees me moving things around the house in a manner that looks suspicious to him, he'll just come and chomp on me. Just the other day, I was moving his cartons of food from the door to the storage area and he was watching me and as I carried the cartons, I told him it's ok and he seems calm but still watching me. As I took the last box in and he was still crouching under the couch and I thought that he was fine with it but all of the sudden, without sound, he rushed out without my knowledge and grab my legs from the back and chomped in me. This is not the first time. So I guess certain things jolt their memory and put them into defensive and offensive mode. Of course I'm not angry with my boy attacking me as I understand why he did that and I never punish him for that. I just want to love him and he knows that and hopefully he'll not think of the past but it's been 8 years and I'm still hoping.

Yes, spray with the IPA to rid of any germs and bacteria and disinfect it. I suggest you also get this product called Colloidal Silver for cats/animals. This product is very good and helps healing and is good for many other symptoms. I bough for my boy as sometimes he scratch himself to hard and leave a wound or if he's pooping hardtop and kind of bruise his anus, I spray it on his anus and I personally use it on myself when I have blisters for scratched by my boy.

Many brands out there. Get the ones with the atomizer, easier to administer. (although some don't believe in this stuff, but I do and it has helped)

Petstore SG_IMG_0068.jpg

Petstore SG_IMG_1123.jpg

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a feral instinct. They learned it well when they were outdoors as a defense. My boy is the same. He was rescued when he was around 3 weeks old and I guess he gad to defend himself as he was all alone and don't know whatever spooked him or something did to his memory that certain things are bad for him. He is very defensive and at the same time offensive. Just to cut the story short, whenever he sees me moving things around the house in a manner that looks suspicious to him, he'll just come and chomp on me. Just the other day, I was moving his cartons of food from the door to the storage area and he was watching me and as I carried the cartons, I told him it's ok and he seems calm but still watching me. As I took the last box in and he was still crouching under the couch and I thought that he was fine with it but all of the sudden, without sound, he rushed out without my knowledge and grab my legs from the back and chomped in me. This is not the first time. So I guess certain things jolt their memory and put them into defensive and offensive mode. Of course I'm not angry with my boy attacking me as I understand why he did that and I never punish him for that. I just want to love him and he knows that and hopefully he'll not think of the past but it's been 8 years and I'm still hoping.

Yes, spray with the IPA to rid of any germs and bacteria and disinfect it. I suggest you also get this product called Colloidal Silver for cats/animals. This product is very good and helps healing and is good for many other symptoms. I bough for my boy as sometimes he scratch himself to hard and leave a wound or if he's pooping hardtop and kind of bruise his anus, I spray it on his anus and I personally use it on myself when I have blisters for scratched by my boy.

Many brands out there. Get the ones with the atomizer, easier to administer. (although some don't believe in this stuff, but I do and it has helped)

View attachment 466418

View attachment 466419
I'm very pleased with Timmy's decision -he did not react instinctively in the least,he tried n tried n tried to tell me he was not willing to flip over onto his back- had I realized it was Timmy Idve obliged immediately- he had no other option except to get my attention and I am very very proud of him-6 months ago I would've been sliced to shreds but I would not have even been able to pick him up period.... he's amazing

So is that like a Silverdine solution? If so it'd be nice to be able to get without a Rx- good stuff

TT- despite my cleaning & disinfecting efforts all day ,during the night it was red,hot n swollen from infection- I took antibiotic and its good to go in just 2days,unfortunately antibiotics get me sick to my stomach so I didn't get to eat Christmas dinner- no biggie,have it for tonight instead

So now Timmy's been coming up on the couch to lie next to me- he's now stepping onto my leg to get a good look and sniffs at my face .... gotta get him carrier trained though,those nails are like daggers when he stands on my leg or touches my hands n feet ,so long and really need trimming