Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So is that like a Silverdine solution? If so it'd be nice to be able to get without a Rx- good stuff

TT- despite my cleaning & disinfecting efforts all day ,during the night it was red,hot n swollen from infection- I took antibiotic and its good to go in just 2days,unfortunately antibiotics get me sick to my stomach so I didn't get to eat Christmas dinner- no biggie,have it for tonight instead
Not sure what is silverdine solution. But this CS is good.

Yea, sometimes the bites looks infectious and it'll go away after awhile. I usually use IPA to clean or spray on the wound first and later I'll use the CS and spray on the wound and it clears in a few days.

Oh dear, better go have a good dinner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
It's micronized silver sulfadiazine( about 10 percent)

Silvadine( Silvadine can't recall the spelling,lol) is just a commonly used brand ,often to treat 2nd & 3rd degree burns

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Have not heard of it or maybe it came by another name over here.
Ah yes,I keep forgetting you are not in the USA.... Are you American though and live overseas or no?Hard to know when you can't hear each other speak ,right?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been in the low 60s here in South Florida but the cats enjoy it- Timmy is in and out of the patio,he runs outside to see what's going on when people pass,what a difference from running to the cubby to hide-getting close to disassembling his enclosure ,he barely even uses his litter box in there anymore... he's found the one in my bedroom which seems to be his favorite,it's rarely used by the others.... every room has a box

Timmy snacks on kibble in any room,he's the first one in the kitchen for breakfast & dinner but doesn't always finish so I haul all the dishes back to the living room so everyone finishes eating- they are not yet completely comfortable with the location change(except Max,he'll eat anywhere you put his dish-lol)

Everyone has their respective places and they often switch places -I went on the computer in the front room which is next to windows with hammocks for the cats & Timmy hopped onto the computer desk & up into the hammock above my head ,he's my little shadow....I was in the walk in closet putting some clothes away and there he was behind me snooping around

Getting interested in toys- I've been waiting 6months for the day he's relaxed and comfortable enough to just lie around and play- and this morning he took a toy out of one of the toy boxes and had a good ole time- he's been domesticated,I'm well pleased

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,as I sit and pleasantly watch the little ones- I thought Id share a little update.The dynamic steadily moves in a positive direction

Timmy has patiently waited for his first feline ' friend" to accept him into the fold and yesterday for the first time Sami did not tell Timmy to get lost( hiss) ,instead he groomed his head and ears- Timmy looked like he was in Heaven-sitting quietly with his head low and stretched out ..earlier I told Timmy to " go see Sami" as I did for one year outside as Sami was my lure - he quickly trotted over to Sami and was met with licks on the head-Sami loves praise and of course his welcoming behavior gets rewarded.

Timmy has been watching the group at play for 7 months,he is starting to join in the fun of little chase spurts and hide n seek-its delightful to watch

He's pretty hard on Bella,who was not very nice to him for months and now knows her behavior is unacceptable,Praise is much better so she's been trying to find his good graces -now Timmy is learning that not even he is exempt from that stern "No" and he does not want to displease Mom- it's a process,this morning he allowed Bella to sit in his space on his ottoman and did not swat at her ( of course my arm was on Bella for insurance and Timmy would not swat Mom)

He always had Max,his little buddy and has learned that Max means no harm when he wraps his arm around and wants to wrestle- and Max usually follows Timmy around- they all enjoy bird ,squirrel and lizard watching together out on the patio and then snooze out there

Graycie is the independent one that prefers her own space but even Graycie finds a space of her own amongst her clowder- she & Timmy often exchange places so they know each other's scent well and respect each other's space very politely .....

Sometimes Timmy will even venture off to the front room by himself and lie in the window hammock or go in the kitchen to have a look out the jealousie door.Hes the first one to dinner,followed by Max then Sam- Graycie is still reluctant and likes eating in the living room -Bella has always eaten "wherever" she's not food motivated and will usually eat separately but nearby( just a little- she's barely 7lbs)

So Timmy is doing well,he digs through the toy box to find something he likes- I even changed the big area rug and he paid it no attention,walking on it was no big deal like carpets were once a very scarey thing for a guy who only ever knew pavement,stone,grass and dirt..he's unafraid of mostly all things like crinkly bags,speaker phone,the blender,can opener etc- what once had him running for cover-If something looks a bit scarey I bend,tell him it's okay and show it to him- he then knows ots safe to take a look and a smell-he's a confident,sweet cat with a good temperament as I believe all cats are meant to be- given the chance ❤

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll be 8 months since Timmy's inside and it's time to take down the enclosure and get my living room back.

I ordered a new sectional with a chaise that's due here Tuesday so my cousin is planning to come and disassemble the enclosure ,remove my present couch & set up new one- it'll be interesting to see where my boy goes to hide while Cuz is here working

I took out the litter box 2days ago and put it in the same area only outside the enclosure and closed the door so no one has access to inside
Timmy doesn't use that box anymore,he prefers the one in my bedroom.And never goes inside to his old cubby unless the lawn people are by my patio
When someone comes over he will go out to the patio or the cubby so he's going to have to find a new hidey place''- the big Cat Condo will be where the enclosure is now so hopefully he'll use one of those cubbies,we shall see .No one has even noticed the door is closed -I just hope there's no crazy noise or lawn people Tuesday becsusd I've got 2,Dr appts and will not be here for hours...if so and no cubby I hate for him to be frightened without his Mommy but it has to be and he has the others to help him out -he is a Mommas boy for sure

I can't wait to have a normal living space again- I got leather again,no one ever scratched it EXCEPT Timmy now-I sort of don't really care if he does,I don't want to use spray deterrent cause I love them on the couch with me and I hate sticky tape so what the heck,lol If that's the worst thing he does then he's a really good boy imo....

Once I have room in here my plan is to begin carrier training .for this fellow,hes great with being brushed - he comes for his turn and doesn't leave until I'm finished-hes learned to lie down on command " down" ( still hand help)but hasn't quite gotten the hang of " sit" because he has elevator butt when I put my hand on his back end- he much prefers scratches ,lol It doesn't help that he cracks me up and I relent Timmy is like a change of life baby,gets away with most stuff

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I told Timmy he should learn how to used the cat flap to the patio- it's been cool so I leave the sliding glass doors open enough for him to go in and out but soon it will be very hot and I'll keep those doors closed so he must learn that Mommy is not his doorman

So yesterday I showed him the cat flap and used the other kids as examples for him to watch-then closed the doors last night because I was cold- this morning,,instead of opening the door I called everyone to the door to show Timmy the ropes and everyone went out through the flap except him but I went and sat on the couch- Timmy looked at me ( what about me Mom? You forgot to let me out) but I said " go on,go outside " and lo & behold he put his little face in the corner,then the paw and out he went!Such a good boy- he's a quick study,pays attention and is always eager to learn and to please--Im very proud of Timmy,,he's a great guy❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So much has happened with me since the couch arrived and has been sitting in my front room- cousin had unexpected guests and couldn't come,I got into a car accident and had a gazillion things to do to prepare for having not having a vehicle after I took it to body shop - but still,the enclosure has been closed up ever since

Yesterday the dreaded lawn people came and I was not happy and was concerned about leaving Timmy as I had appt to drop off my car- so instead of sitting where he would normally seek refuge under my legs I just went about my businesses to see what he would do- to my surprise he really didn't hide but simply went under the dining room table is,where Sami and Max were.... then I left( sadly,begrudgingly)

I felt terrible when I came home to see my boy ,2hrs later) in the exact spot I left him ,all by himself-he didn't move an inch - he looked like he saw Jesus Return when I walked in the door and nearly bowled me over with excitement! I could just imagine him saying " thank God you're here Mommy,I was so scared I didn't know what to do " Well,I'm very happy he was pretty much out in the open in the middle of the house and not running or panicking from place to place with mowers in the back,blowers in the front and all thst racket- Saturday the enclosure will be gone and there'll be some changes but I'm confident he'll be just fine and quickly adjust

He's become much more independent of me which is fantastic- now he stays out on the patio without looking for me every 5 minutes and explores without me....he even eats without me having to pet him- soon I should be able to walk away from his dish while he eats without him stopping if I move away-lol He's a character,thsts for sure❤

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So much has happened with me since the couch arrived and has been sitting in my front room- cousin had unexpected guests and couldn't come,I got into a car accident and had a gazillion things to do to prepare for having not having a vehicle after I took it to body shop - but still,the enclosure has been closed up ever since

Yesterday the dreaded lawn people came and I was not happy and was concerned about leaving Timmy as I had appt to drop off my car- so instead of sitting where he would normally seek refuge under my legs I just went about my businesses to see what he would do- to my surprise he really didn't hide but simply went under the dining room table is,where Sami and Max were.... then I left( sadly,begrudgingly)

I felt terrible when I came home to see my boy ,2hrs later) in the exact spot I left him ,all by himself-he didn't move an inch - he looked like he saw Jesus Return when I walked in the door and nearly bowled me over with excitement! I could just imagine him saying " thank God you're here Mommy,I was so scared I didn't know what to do " Well,I'm very happy he was pretty much out in the open in the middle of the house and not running or panicking from place to place with mowers in the back,blowers in the front and all thst racket- Saturday the enclosure will be gone and there'll be some changes but I'm confident he'll be just fine and quickly adjust

He's become much more independent of me which is fantastic- now he stays out on the patio without looking for me every 5 minutes and explores without me....he even eats without me having to pet him- soon I should be able to walk away from his dish while he eats without him stopping if I move away-lol He's a character,thsts for sure❤
Oh, I hope you are ok.

Timmy looks like he’s braver and calmer than before. I think he knows that he is safe in the house.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you are ok.

Timmy looks like he’s braver and calmer than before. I think he knows that he is safe in the house.
I'm fine,thank you for asking❤
He sureoy is very brave and probably the calmest he's ever been in his entire life-hes a pretty chill guy and quite content to just relax outside to enjoy the cool weather knowing everyone else is "caged" lol..... he goes right up to the caged " out" screens now to watch as people walk past my patio

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh happy day!The enclosure is gone,old couch,a big chair and other stuff so there been alot of changes,not just for Timmy but all 5 kitty's and we all know how cats are not crazy about change,right?

To my delight,I have a new sectional,Timmy was the only one to ever scratch the old leather couch but I got leather( faux) anyway because I'd rather deal with ONE scratching than getting cloth and have the other 4 to contend with.... I finally have a living room after nearly 9 months -YAY

Well,the funniest thing is everyone was noseying around and to my surprise Timmy was the first to hop up on the new couch- got a big approval as he went to town scratching the top of the chaise,covered it with a big gray blanket and he sprawled out on it.

Their 6ft Condo is in front of the glass doors where the enclosure was so they all hopped up to look out the patio( it's where it was before Timmy joined the family)

The litter box is almost exactly where it was so Timmy & Bella had no issues there or anywhere.As a matter of fact now the new sofa covers the bottom half of the mirrored wall that Timmy was very cautious around seeing his own reflection and now he's just trotting around the coffee table undistracted and leary of that area..... it's worked out well,Timmy bed & ottoman are in the same place so he had nothing to adjust to -water dispenser in the same place and kibble too

Bellas cubby boxes were moved so I brought her to them and in she went

Just a moment ago I was sawing a piece of lumber and Timmy was nearby lying down watching and then I got the vacuum to pick up the sawdust,he tensed up and I said " it's okay Babaloo,it's okay" and he just stayed where he was.... he's come such a long way and he's really proven the fact that " feral" is just a state,behavior is the only difference between them and any other housecat......

I hope Timmy can help others to " give a guy a chance" and just be patient- he would say" I love being loved"

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh happy day!The enclosure is gone,old couch,a big chair and other stuff so there been alot of changes,not just for Timmy but all 5 kitty's and we all know how cats are not crazy about change,right?

To my delight,I have a new sectional,Timmy was the only one to ever scratch the old leather couch but I got leather( faux) anyway because I'd rather deal with ONE scratching than getting cloth and have the other 4 to contend with.... I finally have a living room after nearly 9 months -YAY

Well,the funniest thing is everyone was noseying around and to my surprise Timmy was the first to hop up on the new couch- got a big approval as he went to town scratching the top of the chaise,covered it with a big gray blanket and he sprawled out on it.

Their 6ft Condo is in front of the glass doors where the enclosure was so they all hopped up to look out the patio( it's where it was before Timmy joined the family)

The litter box is almost exactly where it was so Timmy & Bella had no issues there or anywhere.As a matter of fact now the new sofa covers the bottom half of the mirrored wall that Timmy was very cautious around seeing his own reflection and now he's just trotting around the coffee table undistracted and leary of that area..... it's worked out well,Timmy bed & ottoman are in the same place so he had nothing to adjust to -water dispenser in the same place and kibble too

Bellas cubby boxes were moved so I brought her to them and in she went

Just a moment ago I was sawing a piece of lumber and Timmy was nearby lying down watching and then I got the vacuum to pick up the sawdust,he tensed up and I said " it's okay Babaloo,it's okay" and he just stayed where he was.... he's come such a long way and he's really proven the fact that " feral" is just a state,behavior is the only difference between them and any other housecat......

I hope Timmy can help others to " give a guy a chance" and just be patient- he would say" I love being loved"
d780d7e34800d94df1d6bfc41d331465.jpg