Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik

How's Timmy doing?
Timmy's great- he's my little shadow,he finally made it into the kitchen- he just can't stand not being able to see me.... he just melts my heart!

I was in the kitchen cleaning the cats food dishes this morning and I turn around thinking it was Max by my side and lo & behold it was Timmy!He got some Delectables Stew in there and I was very proud of him

He's right by my side sound asleep as I write- love this boy so much,he's a good fellow

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I've worked with alot of ferals over the years and this guy is just so incredibly eager to please he just blows me away,I'm sure the difference is because he lives with me and has his personal trainer 24/7 at his disposal- lol He just tickles me at how quickly he is learning words and commands -its usually quite the task to get an adult ferals attention as they are normally so easily distracted- his instinctual behavior has decreased significantly with every day

He rarely goes to his cubby these days unless someone visits- if something startles him he now runs to me instead of the cubby which pleases me greatly- he's learned "up",wanna go outside,go to your bed and many other things,always paying attention. He follows me into the kitchen now ahd watches as I do dishes,make something to eat or prepare the kitties meal dishes ... he's finally made it into the front room to snoop around- goes in and out of the patio by himself- doesn't stay out there long because he runs in to see thst I'm sitting on tye couch and then goes back out- if I'm not there then he comes inside to find me and will stay inside.....he's come very far in just 5months.

Even Bella has backed off- she's no longer fixated or interested in what Timmy's doing and has stopped chasing him-hes part of the clowder now and the house is getting back to a good dynamic with each in their respective place.....

My boy found there's a seat for him on the patio while I have my coffee

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Even Bella has backed off- she's no longer fixated or interested in what Timmy's doing and has stopped chasing him-hes part of the clowder now and the house is getting back to a good dynamic with each in their respective place.....

My boy found there's a seat for him on the patio while I have my coffee
Timmy has a smart boy. He has played his cards well. Hug him us and January winked at him :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi tabbytom tabbytom
Remember when Timmy got hurt a couple of months ago ,he has not gone near the Cat (tree)Condo since- avoided the place where he fell conpletely-well all week he's been getting closer and closer and this morning look who's moved on past that bad experience

Attachments

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Remember when Timmy got hurt a couple of months ago ,he has not gone near the Cat (tree)Condo since- avoided the place where he fell conpletely-well all week he's been getting closer and closer and this morning look who's moved on past that bad experience
Yes, I remembered. He knows that it is safe now to get there. BTW, he's back to normal already? No more pain and limping?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I remembered. He knows that it is safe now to get there. BTW, he's back to normal already? No more pain and limping?
Yep- been recovered a little while now - thank God! Nope,no limping and no indication of any pain or discomfort.....

He's been doing alot of exploring lately -very comfortably and confidently,learning it ALL his- he just hopped on the table out in the patio to have a look outside with the others-took him a while to try out "glass" tops- lol

Oh also,yesterday I disassembled the remaining welded wire panels outside of his enclosure-he watched and had little hesitancy to approach the strange new look but he hardly uses his enclosure anymore- Bella & Sami were more reluctant to approach the "change" than Timmy was- so now there's more room in here and eventually I'd like that enclosure out of here as well- maybe in a couple of months I can have a normal living room again? Lol- we shall see

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went to a friend's for Thanksgiving,gone 7hrs just like a couple of months back when I visited my cousin in Port St Lucie -when Timmy hid in his cubby inside the enclosure until I returned- poor baby didn't eat ,drink or relieve himself for 7 hrs

Timmy's loves lying down on the ottoman beside the couch,it's where he was when I left yesterday & to my surprise it's where he was when I came home. Everyone runs to the door to greet me when I'm gone for a bit and Timmy ran with the gang excited to see me when I came through the 2nd door..... it's so good to see he's established his territory, safe place is "Home"- I'm really happy for my boy.

Brought some turkey home for everyone and they had their Thanksgiving dinner- Timmy's first holiday with a family of his own- he liked it!

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Gunther4ever Gunther4ever

So Buddy had his first Thanksgiving Dinner in his HOME too- not sure who knows Buddy's story but he too WAS Feral and transitioned to indoor living a little before Timmy.....only Buddy was from Florida and moved " out of State".....WOW
My pal Gunther4ever Gunther4ever and I often share our Timmy/Buddy stories with one another and mostly just laughing alot & helping each other with suggestions....

Yet another success story to encourage anyone who's been told " Nope,unadoptable"

How about sharing Buddy's first Thanksgivkng photo- it's too cute not to share here

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Good morning TT,Timmy & the gang are doing very very well- Bella barely bothers Timmy anymore and he's getting so confident with being a housecat- he's pretty incredible,such a wonderful little fellow.

This morning he followed me into the kitchen,he's learned where all the food & treats come from and was very interested in watching me going in and out of cabinets.After thst he followed into the front room- YAY!

Timmy had a real good look around and watched Sami eating from the kibble in there,found yet another litter box,cat condo & cubbys ,,toys etc... and then came Max,Bella and even Graycie..... they all just hung around awhile and then everyone went out to the patio including Timmy.... on the way he explored the front bathroom,he's learning there's alot more to explore and there's nothing to be afraid of❤

Oh and yesterday when he was out on the table in the patio with all the others he didn't even run away when people walked by ,he just sort of crouched down a little behind Sami and Max until they passed the patio
... thsts HUGE,I was delighted & very proud of him

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella and Timmy
And Timmy on a comfy chair out on the patio- weather was quite cool yesterday and Timmy slept out there with everyone else for a couple of hours- he comes in to check where I am every now and then & then trots back outside

And there's Sami on the table

Attachments

Last edited:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom
Good morning TT,Timmy & the gang are doing very very well- Bella barely bothers Timmy anymore and he's getting so confident with being a housecat- he's pretty incredible,such a wonderful little fellow.

This morning he followed me into the kitchen,he's learned where all the food & treats come from and was very interested in watching me going in and out of cabinets.After thst he followed into the front room- YAY!

Timmy had a real good look around and watched Sami eating from the kibble in there,found yet another litter box,cat condo & cubbys ,,toys etc... and then came Max,Bella and even Graycie..... they all just hung around awhile and then everyone went out to the patio including Timmy.... on the way he explored the front bathroom,he's learning there's alot more to explore and there's nothing to be afraid of❤

Oh and yesterday when he was out on the table in the patio with all the others he didn't even run away when people walked by ,he just sort of crouched down a little behind Sami and Max until they passed the patio
... thsts HUGE,I was delighted & very proud of him
Wonderful News! Timmy is no longer afraid! He's smart in taking cover behind Sami and Max and now he knows that he's home!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful News! Timmy is no longer afraid! He's smart in taking cover behind Sami and Max and now he knows that he's home!
Yes- he's HOME & I think he really loves having a home and a family- it's good to see him so relaxed and not living in fear like he was outside

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't believe it today- I picked Timmy up to move him off of the outside table onto the chair !!!

Today my Cousin came from Port St Lucie to visit with me-I had mixed emotions because I'm always over the moon to see my Cuz yet I know that means Timmy will run to his cubby and stay hidden.Timmy is NEVER in the enclosure cubby any more unless someone comes in the house,it made me feel sad to think of him hiding in his old cubby as I was watching him lounging out on the patio with the clowder.

First thing that shocked me was when my Cousin came in Timmy was lying beside me by the couch and he scooted out to the patio and jumped onto the table where Sami and Max instead of the enclosure to the cubby!Major progress!

To my surprise he stayed out there and watched from behind the others.After a while we decided to go out for lunch,I've never left any of them outside when I'm not home - my Cousin suggested we leave them be but I'm just not comfortable even though it's caged..... so I called everyone in- Timmy was afraid to come in & even nudging him he wouldn't move,lol-So I picked him up ,put him on the chair and then he hopped down and came inside- big breakthrough!!!!

Anyway,I just had to share ..... he's just wonderfful!