Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Timmy's new favorite spot- ottoman beside my spot on the couch right beside me-also where I sit when feeding him and petting him & now he took it over,I'm thrilled he's discovering chairs and things are nice to lounge on and quite alright with Mom!
20231031_093449.jpg

Also,he likes getting brushed- whatever is in my hands I show Timmy as he's very interested in whatever I'm doing-a pen,a bag of chips,a brush ,remote control,phone- lol
I like them to fear nothing I'm holding and to understand nothing in my hand will harm them

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking tabbytom tabbytom as a matter of fact I'm happy to give an update that I think is simply delightful

These past 2werks I've had many DrAppts and have been away from the house for hours at a time,typically Timmy would go to his cubby and remain there until he heard ' Ma's home babies' and he'd come running out - to my surprise & delight I've left with him lying on the ottoman in the living area and when I got home he remained out in the open ... Another day as I announced my return all 4 came trotting to greet me and Timmy was right behind ' his clowder"- puts a big smile on my face

He's stepped into the front room a couple of times looking around in awe and now he even goes into the dining room by himself,without me ,and will sprawl out in there for awhile.... he's getting more confidence and slowly but surely expanding his territory

Still loves to lay on my feet and grabs my shirt or shorts when I try to leave when he's in the ottoman - it a great feeling to have someone who loves having you near them but I'm happy to see him getting less dependant - he eats without me petting him now too with Graycie & Max
20230919_034439.jpg

Bella,Sami,Timmy
20231022_001854.jpg

Timmy & Max

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks for asking tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom tabbytom as a matter of fact I'm happy to give an update that I think is simply delightful

These past 2werks I've had many DrAppts and have been away from the house for hours at a time,typically Timmy would go to his cubby and remain there until he heard ' Ma's home babies' and he'd come running out - to my surprise & delight I've left with him lying on the ottoman in the living area and when I got home he remained out in the open ... Another day as I announced my return all 4 came trotting to greet me and Timmy was right behind ' his clowder"- puts a big smile on my face

He's stepped into the front room a couple of times looking around in awe and now he even goes into the dining room by himself,without me ,and will sprawl out in there for awhile.... he's getting more confidence and slowly but surely expanding his territory

Still loves to lay on my feet and grabs my shirt or shorts when I try to leave when he's in the ottoman - it a great feeling to have someone who loves having you near them but I'm happy to see him getting less dependant - he eats without me petting him now too with Graycie & Max
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif

This is what I want to hear! Well done guys! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Timmy's new favorite spot- ottoman beside my spot on the couch right beside me-also where I sit when feeding him and petting him & now he took it over,I'm thrilled he's discovering chairs and things are nice to lounge on and quite alright with Mom!
View attachment 462530
Also,he likes getting brushed- whatever is in my hands I show Timmy as he's very interested in whatever I'm doing-a pen,a bag of chips,a brush ,remote control,phone- lol
I like them to fear nothing I'm holding and to understand nothing in my hand will harm them

grawmmawmoses

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's the latest. I couldn't find where we left off but this morning I closed the carrier while Robbie was in there eating. Covered the carrier and headed for the garage. When I stepped into the garage, Newman ran into it and as I set the carrier down, Robbie burst out of it. I don't know how he did it. It didn't break the door and I know I had it fastened securely. Now they were both loose in the garage, under the car, and screeching. I opened the garage door knowing it would scare Newman back into the house, and Robbie ran out the garage door. He was back on the back porch in short order and I fed him again since he hadn't finished the food we started with and it had gabapentin in it so I tossed it and gave him fresh wet food. He let me pet him so I don't think he's blaming me for what I did. But back to square one. After all that time of feeding him in the carrier because he was too smart for the trap, I don't see any way to get him now. I guess he will remain living on my back patio for now. Maybe the next step will just be to close him into the patio/catio and wait for him to get used to that.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the latest. I couldn't find where we left off but this morning I closed the carrier while Robbie was in there eating. Covered the carrier and headed for the garage. When I stepped into the garage, Newman ran into it and as I set the carrier down, Robbie burst out of it. I don't know how he did it. It didn't break the door and I know I had it fastened securely. Now they were both loose in the garage, under the car, and screeching. I opened the garage door knowing it would scare Newman back into the house, and Robbie ran out the garage door. He was back on the back porch in short order and I fed him again since he hadn't finished the food we started with and it had gabapentin in it so I tossed it and gave him fresh wet food. He let me pet him so I don't think he's blaming me for what I did. But back to square one. After all that time of feeding him in the carrier because he was too smart for the trap, I don't see any way to get him now. I guess he will remain living on my back patio for now. Maybe the next step will just be to close him into the patio/catio and wait for him to get used to that.
Nah,hell go back in- just start again slowly .. if he quickly came right back and you were petting him I believe he'll go back to eating there - however,there's apparently something wrong with the locking mechanism or it was not fastened as you thought it was -- better make sure before you have a repeat

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik This is all great news! I'm so happy that Timmy is settling in and exploring more of the house, and that it seems like he's maybe making friends with your other cats! He and Max do indeed look like they could be brothers. ❤
Yes-hes finding his place .... he's still not sure how to play,he can get rough with Max but he really doesn't know he is so Max will walk away( Timmy looks puzzled)" why ya goin? Was just getting fun"