The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Plaids are very "in" right now so she's stylin'! Does she enjoy riding in vehicles?
Yes!! Shes a traveller like me. At least 10,000 miles under her belt since her adoption in June. It's all she knows. She begs at my truck for rides. Idk if it's the vibration or the sense of adventure and all the windows, but I couldn't have asked for a better travel companion. We go for a ride once a week and a full on mobilization with our home every few months.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to the stupid pandemic, I just did all my Christmas present shopping on Amazon. We set a $100 budget per kid and I knocked it out of the park. They're each getting 4 gifts and after taxes, I only went $15 over budget. 1607310064175.png 1607310085784.png 1607310101667.png

I'm sure it's fairly obvious who is getting what. And, I'd already gotten Aislyn a hatchimals set, Aedan a Blippi dinosaur shirt, and Alianna a set of 2 rattles in addition to that.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't get to shop on black Friday cuz we had to wait on a paycheck. But I think i still did pretty well. Everything is supposed to arrive by December 18. I'm more worried about getting aislyn's birthday gifts in time. Her birthday is December 28, but since we had her for Christmas last year, we get her on the 13th and she goes back on the 24th. But we have to wait for another paycheck before we can get birthday stuff. We might have to ask MIL to watch the kids, mask up, and head to Walmart. Alianna is eating solids now and I have tons of milk pumped so she'll definitely be fine away from me for an hour.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of my stuff has been coming in fairly quickly. I ordered one Maze/Puzzle book from Walmart that has been taking it's time getting here; but the delivery date said by the 8th all along anyway. It's just weird because I got the other item in that order the next day. I need to get a picture of my kids to put in our cards but the whole water situation has made that difficult. Maybe I should pack them nice outfits to do pictures in front of my mother's tree. Getting the prints might take longer than anything!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered a t-shirt for my Grandpa off Etsy late one evening and it shipped the next morning! I was shocked!! It turns out the seller is in the same state too so it's out for delivery already. I sent my Aunt a text in case he starts calling people trying to figure out who it's from before I can call him. That seller didn't have an option for a gift note; so I left a note in the order comments asking them to please somehow leave a note that it was from me; and that it was going directly to my almost 99 year old grandfather at his assisted living. Some sellers will send a message when they ship things but this one didn't. I just go the shipping notice. (Which I'm fine with usually. I just don't want him calling every member of the family trying to figure it out. :lol: I figured he'd start with my Aunt and then maybe my mom or Uncle.)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pj's.... both cotton and fleece.. and a sweat shirt. The fleece I wear around the house, as lounging clothes.
Got a good deal on a food saver.. It is a small one but I saved a ton.

My friend has been ordering up a storm, from Kohl's and Macys. Macys has incredible deals.. but I have well exceeded my budget on ordering. My credit cards have such a high balance. I do not have any room in here, for anything. I have stopped myself from reading any ads I get in my emails.

My friend is still waiting for things from Macys and Kohl's. Currently, shipping is very unreliable.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:gf is an odd one she wont allow me to buy her nice rings etc. she will take my stuff and happily wear it:frustrated:like the time she told me to buy her eyeybrows (tatooed ones)one xmas
I don't think MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles was suggesting just any old ring...

I'm weird about getting jewelry, too, but my engagement ring was one of the best gifts I ever got. :heartshape:

Status
Not open for further replies.