The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is tempting. But still a bit Steiger me. Artie would be first; followed by Geoffrey.
Try etsy? I got a card from a woman at a craft fair that did beautiful ones. I have a photo my Grandpa took of my soul-kitty that I’ve always wanted done. The color is a bit off overall; but it’s an excellent photo of her looking right at the camera. Someday! (I always say someday.)
I ended up getting one for my husband of our previous cat, Comrade. Since he passed away in February, my husband has not stopped talking about how much he misses him. And since Boone and Gracie really don't want anything to do with my husband, it makes it worse because he and Comrade were best buddies, hence the name Comrade. I think this gift will actually make my husband tear up a little. If it doesn't arrive in time for Christmas, I will save it for his birthday in March or maybe give it on the one year anniversary of putting Comrade to sleep.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now look at what y'all have done to me. Can't wait to get home and try it!
View attachment 361121
It was delicious! It was very minty, but didn't taste like toothpaste (as a peppermint lover, I can say this is a common problem). I let it thaw all the way and, yeah, it's basically like Cool Whip in a pie pan, so I think it'll be better frozen. I hope freezing it again after thawing doesn't affect the texture.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
im just thinking how much the movie " the stand" reminds me of this day and age with the covid thing that is going around
I’ve had the same thought about certain elements of it (although I read the book and didn’t see the movie). Let’s hope it’s not completely the same!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up getting one for my husband of our previous cat, Comrade. Since he passed away in February, my husband has not stopped talking about how much he misses him. And since Boone and Gracie really don't want anything to do with my husband, it makes it worse because he and Comrade were best buddies, hence the name Comrade. I think this gift will actually make my husband tear up a little. If it doesn't arrive in time for Christmas, I will save it for his birthday in March or maybe give it on the one year anniversary of putting Comrade to sleep.
Reading that made me tear up!!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had the same thought about certain elements of it (although I read the book and didn’t see the movie). Let’s hope it’s not completely the same!
you need to see the movie .... it was kinda creepy in some parts of it but still a great movie ... it came out on tv back in 1994

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now look at what y'all have done to me. Can't wait to get home and try it!
Yaaaaaas! Glad you liked it, too! What you mentioned about the peppermint flavor, that was why I was so surprised at how much of a peppermint punch there was on my first bite. Actual peppermint flavor.

We bought a tree today and put lights on it, and I think it made the cats nuts. I was going to try and do ornaments tomorrow, but maybe that would be too much too soon.

Oddly, they've left the tree alone since the lights went on, but Sparkle keeps going after Lelia. :dunno:
Is this their first time around a tree?

My kittens haven't been around a tree yet, although sometimes they are super funny around new objects and wonder if they would have a similar reaction. My mom had left a sheet on one of the couches on the enclosed deck as my brother and fiance came over, but are allergic to cats and hoped that would help. It was still out there next time my cats went out and Persia and Katrina both were extremely suspicious and didn't know what to think. 🤣 Had wide eyes, very jumpy, and did that approach cautiously.

Isabelle might loose her go upstairs while I prep breakfast and dinner privileges. Think she has calmed down some since we've been in the habit of this (less stressed overall and less redirected aggression with kittens), but the past couple of weeks Sunnie and her seem to be very interested in each other. Sunnie seems to be getting fixated on her and Isabelle does not back down easily. She has been laying on her back and smacking Sunnie, and he has been smacking her back. No noise, but seems they are becoming more irritated with each other and more interested in pestering each other.

Although yesterday was fine when we came in from the deck since I stayed to do something for my mom and Isabelle ended up climbing onto the couch and passing out happily within 5 min. Didn't have the heart to chase her downstairs, and Sunnie was sleeping in his own bed unbothered, so I stayed upstairs with my phone for a bit and let her nap up there.

It is so cute how much Persia likes kitties! She walks up to Sunnie and lowers her head, then brings it up, almost bopping Sunnie in the mouth with the top of her head. He will lick her, and then Persia happily trots away to explore. She has been coming up stairs during some meal prep, but other times when I don't bring her she escapes upstairs just to say hi to Sunnie and then come back down. My mom was upstairs after I made the kitties breakfast and she heard Persia escape and run up the stairs when I went down. She relayed that Persia ran upstairs, went straight to Sunnie and they sniffed each others face, and then she turned around and ran back down the stairs to be let in and wait for me to come back and open the door. 🤣 🤗

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this their first time around a tree?
That is a good question. Lelia was around an artificial tree a few years ago, not sure if she had any experience with firs when she was a feral kitten. Sparkle was also outdoor when she found my husband and was allowed outdoors for a while. Also, she would go to his parents' house with him for Christmas, though I'm not sure if they did artificial or real trees.

They seem to have calmed down. I think it was more the something new and rearranging the room a bit that threw them off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got some foam board and red duct tape to make a little barrier for around our tree and Mooch has stopped chewing on it. I may still put it together. Since she can’t jump I just need it high enough to block from her head height.

Poor girl wanted in the bathtub the other day. She was sitting on her haunches pawing at the side making them squeak against it. I would have picked her up but she stopped before I could. That used to be her favorite place to play with her milk rings. :lol: :redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia was a feral?! I don't remember her story. Did you tell us and I just forgot?
Lol, it's not a super exciting story. I adopted her from a TNR. She was trapped at around 13 weeks (apparently she and her littermates were mostly on an enclosed porch, so it was probably pretty easy), spayed and put in a foster home. And then I adopted her when she was about 4.5 months old. So I didn't do any of the hard work!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now my problem is what to buy her for a gift?
Cash or a gift card is probably best. Or just hand over your credit card! Hee hee. What type of things does she like? Is she obsessed with coffee like me? A favorite food or snack? Restaurant take-out?

Lol, it's not a super exciting story. I adopted her from a TNR.
That's kinda exciting! That's wonderful that you could save a feral. Does she show any feral tendencies like my little devil Maggie?

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so its official now my gf graduated with her doctorate yesterday :yess:so now my problem is what to buy her for a gift?
Congratulations, that's awesome! What field?

I always find it hard to come up with neat gifts for adults, people usually buy what they need themselves.

What about a horse?

JK. Unless she's really into horses and you have a lot of money just laying around...

Maybe a really big basket full of treats or beauty products? Payed house cleaning/baby sitting/pet sitting for a year?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's kinda exciting! That's wonderful that you could save a feral. Does she show any feral tendencies like my little devil Maggie?
Shoe doesn't punch anyone like Maggie! She is pretty skittish and will disappear if guests come into the house (but that can be any cat) and it took her a while to warm up to me and longer for my husband, and didn't really become a lap cat until I got pregnant. Honestly, she seems perfectly happy to be inside and never begs to go out or anything, so I think she knows life is better in here, she just stresses a bit easily over change and new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.