The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went through this with a new neighbor. She smokes, cigars!! and was using incesce to cover it up, [plus the smell of poops from either her or her dog.. She never takes her dog out... She was reeking..

The entire corridor stunk! the Elevator Stunk! I was getting headaches and asthmatic from the stench. IGeoffrey was walking around, in circles, crying because of it.. Even he was sneezing.. I closed off one vent, and put insulation around the entire door... and used 2 air purifiers.. It was bad.

It is a non-smoking building, it is in the lease... however, management has been very soft on the smokers. Now, there is a new property manager, who is stricter.. but I do not think they want to go the eviction route.. they are still soft... ugh

I went through this for 8 months with the neighbor across the hall.. Finally she admitted to smoking in her apartment. Now, I am smelling some cigarette smoke during the Ming. I cannot find out which one it is coming from. It seems to be in the air vents... but I cannot prove it. I go out and sniff around the doors, but.. nope, no smoke smell. It is maddening..

I do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate. I really can't... Management has to be get tuff on them.

I even quoted lines in my lease stating that it is stopping me from the 'peaceful enjoyment of my apartment."

I ended up having to call the emergency maintence number during off hours, so they could document where the stink was coming from. During the day, I called the property manager, herself, to investigate.

Wishing you luck..
That is aweful! Have you ever thought of suing? You would win since non smoking is in the lease. Last night it smelled like cinnamon so air freshener or vaping which can still be bad for anyone physically. You would think someone 50+ yrs old with an 8 year old autistic son would know better

Last edited:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had a litter box crisis this morning. They barely had any left in the box. I normally don't let that happen but I was so low on money and they needed food so I spent what I had on what they needed the most. Well I lost an hour of sleep this morning because they kept pawing the box and mewing at me and refusing to use it. I had ordered litter yesterday and it's to be delivered today but FedEx delivers late around here. Thank god I live next-door to a pet store. Had to buy corn litter just so they would go potty. I prefer grass seed but had no choice. Really need to find a better paying job.

I swear this nurse at work is the most confusing human I ever met. He barely acknowledges my existence for the most part. The most I get is a quick 'sup or how's it going, and that doesn't even happen every day. He's social and smiles with everyone else but me. Then out of the blue he'll ask what's new in my life or make brief conversation. Sometimes I can get a smile or chuckle out of him. On rare occasion he'll randomly ask if I changed my hair and comment that it looks nice. Either way, any little interaction he initiates with me is short and out of the blue, then he goes back to being a brick wall. He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, he's never mean to me, he just doesn't really socialize with me unless it's work related. I'm assuming he just doesn't like me much and just tries to be polite. Oh well, can't win them all, I guess.

Security keeps going down hill. I guess they don't do background checks and now we have Martin, someone me and my bff were warned to never be alone with. That's comforting. Thanks security for continuing to provide us with quality protection...

Every time he shows up my instinct is to just get the heck out of there, but he is way too chatty and he trapped me in a 15 minute conversation about the food I had. I guess a lot of women get the creeps from him, too. When he walked my bff to her car she made her keys into wolverine claws and hid them in her pocket. She just gets a bad vibe from him. She has been through so much trauma and abuse and was hurt by so many men I trust her gut at this point.

I swear this security company will get sued one day by hiring these people and not looking into them enough.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bit of a mystery going on and I have to wait until next Wednesday on it. I received a Fed ex notice that a 10.9 pound package was on its way to me from Walmart. The thing is that I haven’t ordered anything from Walmart in months and even then nothing that heavy. So, what is in the package and why was it sent to me. No charge showing up on credit cards, bank account or PayPal.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W WillowMarie I think I got those bagels once during the spring lockdown when my usual multigrain ones weren't in stock. I try to be good but MAN they were tasty!

I haven't been binging on the sweets...it's the cheese I'm having trouble staying away from this week. We definitely have Christmas-Vacationitis here. DS and I more than DD. She whips through her work just fine. We keep doing our work in the living room in attempt to make it more pleasant but Mooch thinks it's lap time and distracts him. He thinks hes funny. He's not. Wine for dinner sounds good.

I have a bit of a mystery going on and I have to wait until next Wednesday on it. I received a Fed ex notice that a 10.9 pound package was on its way to me from Walmart. The thing is that I haven’t ordered anything from Walmart in months and even then nothing that heavy. So, what is in the package and why was it sent to me. No charge showing up on credit cards, bank account or PayPal.
Maybe a present?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie I think I got those bagels once during the spring lockdown when my usual multigrain ones weren't in stock. I try to be good but MAN they were tasty!
They for sure are! haven't seen them in stock online when looking for bagels since the pandemic started, so it was really exciting to see them. Hence two packages 😊 I also previously bought some dark chocolate spread, which I tried on the last bagels I bought a couple weeks ago. May try with these, too, depending on how adventurous I want to get.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to my moms for showers and laundry today and her dryer broke. :doh::disappointed: I opened the door and the top of my towels were crispy and the rest was wet! :oops: My stepdad is mechanical so hopefully he can fix it if its just the belt or something. But mom and I were on our phones to see whats in stock locally. She says it’s an older machine. I brought home wet towels and sheets for all of our beds. At least my dryer works! Well; my washer does too. At least I got a hot shower today. Someday I’m getting a tankless water heater and a soaker tub 🛀:smash:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Num nums have arrived!
How is the peppermint pie? Could you possibly post a pic of a slice please? I might get it. That Brioche is good as French toast, sliced up with butter and syrup on it. I liked it toasted in the toaster oven, but microwave was okay too. I have those cheese bagels, but haven't tried them yet, they are in the freezer.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my moms for showers and laundry today and her dryer broke. :doh::disappointed: I opened the door and the top of my towels were crispy and the rest was wet! :oops: My stepdad is mechanical so hopefully he can fix it if its just the belt or something. But mom and I were on our phones to see whats in stock locally. She says it’s an older machine. I brought home wet towels and sheets for all of our beds. At least my dryer works! Well; my washer does too. At least I got a hot shower today. Someday I’m getting a tankless water heater and a soaker tub 🛀:smash:
Oh my goodness!! When you say crispy, was there chance of a fire? When will the septic prob be fixed?
I am so sorry for what you're going threw.

Status
Not open for further replies.