The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a rough night, too. Aedan has stated having night terrors. The doctor says it's normal for them to start around this age, but they're awful. He wakes up and screams bloody murder for about 10 minutes. Completely inconsolable. Then he goes back to sleep. And I have trouble getting back to sleek because they freak me out.

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Sorry I vanished! Chanukkah ate me! HAHA we've been really busy!

Today we took down the vintage Christmas tree we had up and put away our Hanukkah decorations. My living room feels bigger now lol.

I've been working on spinning some new fibre since I finished my last yarn. Did I share photos with you of it finished? I don't remember.

HAPPY 2020 to you all!! I hope we're in for a good one.

Night terrors are no fun. I used to get them as a kid and mine were awful but I also had a first responder family and had been exposed to stuff a young child should not be exposed to to be honest. I'm not surprised I still have bad issues with anxiety as an adult.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The doctor said the way to tell the difference between a night terror and a nightmare is how the kid acts when he wakes up. If he wakes up acting scared, it was a nightmare. If he wakes up and doesn't seem to remember, it was a night terror. So, I'm glad he doesn't remember, but it makes me feel horrible that my baby is terrified and there's nothing I can do.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! And something interesting. Apparently, I'm a mutant. I talked to my OB about my chicken pox immunity - my inability to catch it and my inability to develop antibodies after the vaccine. She said some people have slight mutations that prevent certain diseases from being able to attach or something; I don't remember her exact wording. So it would seem that I have a beneficial mutation. Can I join the x-men now?

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd love to see photos....
Here's the yarn I spun up!
dec24 (30).jpg

61 yards of 3 ply WW *size 4* yarn. I'm now spinning up some really pretty Merino wool that makes me think of Ice Cream
49307680963_28e6eb3b9b_o.jpg

Alicia88 Alicia88 I'm glad he doesn't remember. I think remembering would make it worse! Also I've heard of that. My mom was naturally immune to chicken pox!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles The 12 days of Christmas doesn't end until the 6th so you can get your puzzle started before then and it counts haha

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

AngelicGarrison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! And something interesting. Apparently, I'm a mutant. I talked to my OB about my chicken pox immunity - my inability to catch it and my inability to develop antibodies after the vaccine. She said some people have slight mutations that prevent certain diseases from being able to attach or something; I don't remember her exact wording. So it would seem that I have a beneficial mutation. Can I join the x-men now?
My sister has a natural immunity to smallpox. She got the shot 5 times, her body kept rejecting it, so they gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.