The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like me and my 30 pairs of jeans! Just curious, how much does one plant cost? If you can get a good price, then it's not so bad.
Most of the plants I've gotten have been under $5 and even free if I trade with someone. I've only spent over $5 a few times if it's a plant I really want. I save my pocket change and purchase things on my wishlist (or plants I think are really pretty) when I'm out. Or I'll order things online and pick them up or even have them shipped to me. I'm very careful about how I spend and I really only buy plants when the cats, dog, and bills are taken care of.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish I could have that many plants! I only have 3 at home because I don't get much sunlight. I have five at work which have the opposite problem! Too much direct sunlight!! :sigh:

last night I saw the guy I have a crush on. He offered to buy me a drink and this time I remembered to ask for a sprite instead of just being like "oh water is fine." He was with a bunch of his designer leather motorcycle jacket wearing band buddies and I was on my own so I of course panicked. I texted my friend for advice and she was like, go over and join them! and I just couldn't be 100% sure that I was the only one he bought a drink for (there were a few band fan girls there and he is pretty nice to fans in general) so I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone. He later visited my Instagram but no messages or anything. I'm so bad at "the game" I have no idea what's flirting and what's being nice and especially when the person in question is "famous"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I are so bad at flirting this chick embarrassed the heck out of us both before he finally asked me out. She was basically like “Look. You like her. She likes you. Everyone knows it.” And a lot more. She was relishing our mutual embarrassment. DH was so red he was purple. :lol:

I asked him once how long it would have taken him to ask me out if she hadn’t done that. He said “Probably a year.” :flail:We got engaged after 10 months of dating so I’m glad she did it.;)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it fascinating how much of a thinker Boone is. While Gracie just goes "balls to the wall" and never hesitates doing anything, Boone sits back and contemplates how he will do the same thing.

For instance, to jump up onto the bathroom counter/sink, Gracie just jumps up. Boone has never really been a jumper so he knows he doesn't have the courage to do that. So instead, he jumps onto the tub, walks down it to get to the back of the toilet, and then will use to toilet lid to get to the counter/sink. He figured out the path all by himself to get himself where he wanted.

Another example is getting themselves up the cat tree. Gracie just jumps from the arm of the couch to the middle of the cat tree and then climbs up. Boone on the other hand will start at the very bottom and work his way up from ledge to ledge.

While I am impressed with Gracie's "no fear" attitude, I am more impressed with how Boone can see a problem and come up with a solution that works for him.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could have that many plants! I only have 3 at home because I don't get much sunlight. I have five at work which have the opposite problem! Too much direct sunlight!! :sigh:

last night I saw the guy I have a crush on. He offered to buy me a drink and this time I remembered to ask for a sprite instead of just being like "oh water is fine." He was with a bunch of his designer leather motorcycle jacket wearing band buddies and I was on my own so I of course panicked. I texted my friend for advice and she was like, go over and join them! and I just couldn't be 100% sure that I was the only one he bought a drink for (there were a few band fan girls there and he is pretty nice to fans in general) so I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone. He later visited my Instagram but no messages or anything. I'm so bad at "the game" I have no idea what's flirting and what's being nice and especially when the person in question is "famous"
Find or follow him on Instagram and send him a message thanking him for the drink and suggesting next time you will reciprocate.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm miffed. For 6 months I've been asking our grass cutting lady if she has seen Shaman as she cuts grass in the yards in the neighborhood and got a no. Ok last night I was driving up the street and saw CG going inside a house. Its the house of someone who used to cut our grass but since he went into dementia his daughter does it for us. I also thought I saw Shaman go inside. Now Lisa knows how much these cats mean to me and how worried I am about Shaman. I don't have an issue with Shaman up there but Lisa could have told me and I feel "betrayed?" as a result if that is her. But I did see with my own eyes CG go inside the house with the other cat. Or Lisa could have called me as she has my phone number and say "Hey thought you would want to know my Dad is taking care of two of your cats." Again with him suffering dementia if they bring him joy that's fine but the proper thing to do when they know that legally here those two are mine since I've been feeding daily for 2 years was to let me know. Even if they just returned and are up there. I know she and her brother go up there several times a week. CG is hard to miss as he has a purple collar and I plainly saw that collar driving by. And CG disappeared in April with Shaman. So putting 2 and 2 together. Tired of the lies and false leads here. I'm going to ask her about it tomorrow when she comes.

Her father used to feed Treasure and Shadow before they followed Shaman down here so it makes sense they'd go back up there. And I suppose he fed Sopdet as well. Again I"m not upset that he's caring for them but I am upset that Lisa said nothing to me, letting me continue thinking something happened to Shaman and crying daily over her disappearance (especially since again she was the first of these cats to come to me so I feel a special bond)

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Find or follow him on Instagram and send him a message thanking him for the drink and suggesting next time you will reciprocate.
we've followed each other on Instagram for several years, it's where we do most of our interactions haha. I think the moment has passed now, but my friend also suggested returning the favor or giving a small gift the next time I see him (but who knows when that will be!) We definitely need a go between!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over to see that Boone was asleep completely under the covers with just his head sticking out and on my shoulder. :hearthrob: So stinking cute.

Then this morning, I lift my head and see Gracie asleep on my pillow but almost like she was melting. Her body was on the pillow but her head and arms were over the side of the pillow and resting on the bed. :lol:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... Felix's teeth. All his remaining back teeth have reabsorption spots and I know they're going to need to be pulled. I just can't imagine Felix with no teeth. I know he'll be fine and adjust to the change but it just reminds me that hes getting older. His mom has no teeth and she gets along fine but with Felix it's different because I still see him as that tiny helpless kitten from a decade ago. Hard for me to accept that we're getting older.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
we've followed each other on Instagram for several years, it's where we do most of our interactions haha. I think the moment has passed now, but my friend also suggested returning the favor or giving a small gift the next time I see him (but who knows when that will be!) We definitely need a go between!
Or you could just take a leap and say “how about we have that drink together the next time” and try to move things forward.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used a go between (sort of) in the pursuit of my husband. We were both at the vet with our ferret. I tried talking to him but he barely said a word.

I ended up calling the vet office once I got home and lied to them about this guy and I having a conversation about doing a ferret play group. I asked her to pass along my number because I had "forgotten " to give it to him.

Later that night, he called and told me he knew it was a lie about the play group but he too was interested in me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind is how I'm not losing weight. I watch what I eat, walk a total of 4 miles a day, drink lots of water as well as doing housework, yardwork and 2 times a day set up cams/powerbanks in the 4 corners of the yard, feed the cats, change the water. And in the event Mom needs me I come inside after each cam, each food dish and each water dish. I have 3 feeding bowls in different parts of the yard, 6 water bowls in different part and 4 cams/powerbanks. Each routine takes 30 minutes of walking back and forth. Not to mention bringing in the old dishes and all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up calling the vet office once I got home and lied to them about this guy and I having a conversation about doing a ferret play group.
That is the coolest story ever!

What's on my mind is how I'm not losing weight. I watch what I eat, walk a total of 4 miles a day,
I lost half my body weight when I went vegetarian.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Or you could just take a leap and say “how about we have that drink together the next time” and try to move things forward.
😰
This is the crux of the problem.
For which I am perpetually the bane of my extroverted, self-confident friends.
I need to be at least 90% sure before making a move.
All I need is for a mutual acquaintance to give a green light and I'd stomp on the gas pedal
But...Experience has conditioned me to be unreasonably cautious.

What's on my mind is how I'm not losing weight. I watch what I eat, walk a total of 4 miles a day, drink lots of water as well as doing housework, yardwork and 2 times a day set up cams/powerbanks in the 4 corners of the yard, feed the cats, change the water. And in the event Mom needs me I come inside after each cam, each food dish and each water dish. I have 3 feeding bowls in different parts of the yard, 6 water bowls in different part and 4 cams/powerbanks. Each routine takes 30 minutes of walking back and forth. Not to mention bringing in the old dishes and all.
I don't lose weight either. I walk 30km a week and am reasonably active (without covid, I'd be playing soccer 2-3 times a week). I eat much less than many of my "skinny" friends who never work out. I have a slow metabolism and my body type is pear-shaped, so everything sticks to my thighs and never leaves. It's genetic, and I'm still one of the smallest in my family. 🤷‍♀️

The one time I actually lost enough to be considering going down a pant size (i bought them as motivation but they never got worn, lol) it was because I'd started lifting weights. As soon as I stopped though, I regained the size. Weight didn't change that much however, since muscle is more dense than fat.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This woman just flat out lied to me. "My father isn't feeding those cats." "Lisa, I saw 2 cats run inside your father's house, door and windows open. I don't care but let me know so I'm not worrying about them. One looks like CG and the other I assume is Shaman who disappeared in April with CG" "You HAVE NO RIGHT TO THOSE CATS." According to law in the jurisdiction I'm in if I feed the cats for more then 5 days they are legally mine. And she flat out denies that her brother (who I saw with my own eyes) put kids toys and stuff in the yard. And I do know that the youngest grandchild he has is 18 years old so they would not be playing with fischer price toys all over the yard. Yet I saw her brother set the toys out.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost done! I just have to cut supports for the top, glue and nail them in and then I'll be done... for now. Filling in all the holes and imperfections with wood filler and then I'm going to paint it in the spring time. It's not that I don't trust my skills but I honestly didn't expect this to come out so leveled and balanced. I made the shelves 14" high roughly and I left a 28" gap in the middle for my larger plants.
IMG-20201012-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20201012-WA0011.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.