The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering if we really are going to get those wildfires here. Cats are anxious and birds are all flying off. It starts in an hour according to our forecast here.
They can't forecast wildfires, can they? Or are they spreading from somewhere else?

We have extreme winds and very dry conditions so we're in a red flag burn ban. Probably the same there.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They can't forecast wildfires, can they? Or are they spreading from somewhere else?

We have extreme winds and very dry conditions so we're in a red flag burn ban. Probably the same there.
Obviously they can because its in our forecast. All 3 of my local news stations has this very same warning. Oh and Bel Ridge MO is a municipality in St Louis MO. I'm 4 miles East of Lambert and 1 mile west of UMSL.

Fire 1.jpg
Fire 2.jpg
Fire 3.jpg

I guess that's how you read it, correct? On tv they call it wildfires. Who knows.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, same as here. Red flag burn ban. It means no fire pits, no charcoal barbecue, no throwing your cigarette out the window, don't drive your car in tall grass, etc. Very high chance of wildfires. But not really the same as "a wildfire is coming!" So I don't think that would make the cats anxious, although the wind might make them jumpy.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the cats are back and a new cat wandered in until Treasure ran off. But looks like the fire is no longer in red zone/warning as above photos. We do need rain however.

If the raccoons do show up at least Treasure won't be here pestering them unless he realizes that it's raccoon time and well someone has to pester them so it may as well be him. The raccoons are getting to the point they run when they see him coming lol

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an email from Barnes & Noble. Their system was attacked on the 10th. They said no financial information would've been exposed, but that it's entirely possible that addresses, emails, phone numbers, and purchase histories have been.

Great :hmmm:
Thats scary. Keep an eye out from now on anything looking even slightly like a scam on your computer and phone.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an email from Barnes & Noble. Their system was attacked on the 10th. They said no financial information would've been exposed, but that it's entirely possible that addresses, emails, phone numbers, and purchase histories have been.

Great :hmmm:
I got the same e-mail. Great.. I get enough phishing, scam e-mails, as it is... darn it.. had a Spam telephone call yesterday... no where is safe...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm safe because I don't have a B & N account and my spectrum mobile blocks all calls unless they are in my contact list. Meaning no calls and no texts from anyone I don't know

Right now thinking of where the closes Dunkin Donuts is near me as this sounds right up my alley.

A donut… but make it SPICY!
🔥
Introducing the Spicy Ghost Pepper Donut ft. strawberry flavored icing with cayenne & ghost pepper for a sweet heat treat at Dunkin’.
👻
🌶️
Grab one & show your spicy side.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes about the Barnes and Noble thing. I haven't used them in a long time, but seems like no e-mail arrived for me.

Tried a new vet for my kitties today. The one that I had to schedule a couple months out since I'm a new client. Very happy so far! Very cheap bill, especially with all 3 cats. Vet was also super nice and came out to my car to chat about everyone's health and to introduce himself. Clean bill of health and great weight on everyone.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had a rude emergency operator. "Hello I heard guns going off on Wellsburg in Bel Ridge" "What's the address of the shooting?" "It's a block away but it was definitely guns." "We aren't going out unless we know exact address. Most are fireworks. So if you want to report go over to the house and get us an address." Huh? Yea I can see it now. "Hold your fire. I need to get your address to give to the police." Yes I know tension is high but seriously we just had 5 homicides in this neighborhood in the past 6 hours. How do they expect us to react?

I'm honestly hoping that it's just fireworks. We have this all the time, neighbors have been here for awhile so I think they should be used to the cats in all the colonies here. But still that is no way to talk to someone when they call. And no I did not say Im scared someone is shooting cats.

Just got someone else saying they saw Shaman at some parking lot. While I love her and miss her, I cannot go running out leaving and aged parent that can barely walk on another false lead. Im going to have to pray that if that is Shaman she makes her way home safely but she is one and a half miles away if that is her in a incorporated area. I find it unlikely she would go up there when all her buddies are here and there are 10 or more colonies with caretakers. Next time I'm going to tell people I need three photos: Full body photo; back of head and front shot. Its 2020 not 1920 and most people carry some kind of phone with photo taking capability with them. And Sopdet is missing which makes me worried especially this time of year as shes a black cat. She was chasing a squirrel earlier today though.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up Wednesday morning and felt a large lump on my stomach. It scared me to death because I thought my stomach was acting up again. I asked the nurse about it and she said it was a hernia. I knew I had one but I did not think it would pop out so big. She asked if I wanted to see a GI doctor. Since it does not hurt I told her I would wait and see how it goes. Last year my GI doctor in Maryland advised me not to have surgery on it.

My sister was finally able to get an appointment for me with the orthopedic doctor in Charlottesville, VA whose specialty is knee replacement. It is not till December and he will decide then if he will be able to do the surgery. The first orthopedic doctor I went to here in Va. said he would not do the surgery because my knees were so bad. I can't walk because the pain is so bad. I am going to a pain doctor this morning.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up Wednesday morning and felt a large lump on my stomach. It scared me to death because I thought my stomach was acting up again. I asked the nurse about it and she said it was a hernia. I knew I had one but I did not think it would pop out so big. She asked if I wanted to see a GI doctor. Since it does not hurt I told her I would wait and s year my GI doctor I had in Maryland advised me not to have surgery on it. I look like I am pregnant.

My sister was finally able to get an appointment for me with the orthopedic doctor in Charlottesville, VA whose specialty is knee replacement. It is not till December and he will decide then if he will be able to do the surgery. The first orthopedic doctor I went to here in Va. said he would not do the surgery because my knees were so bad. I can't walk because the pain is so bad. I am going to a pain doctor this morning.
Ellen, I hope you can get some relief from pain doc. At the pain clinic where I am a patient, there is a special treatment for knee
pain. Good luck! :hugs: 💖

Status
Not open for further replies.