The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the pull strings on the Roman shade over my kitchen sink frayed and broke off this morning. I’m using binder clips to hold it open for now but I need to think about replacing it. When our builder designed the kitchen he didn’t leave enough room to trim the window properly between the cabinets; so the molding covers the window opening some. So when we bought the house we couldn’t fit the shade right. There is a gap on either side and its always bugged me.

So now I don’t know what I want. I’m leaning towards a visit to the fabric store and getting a tension rod and lining fabric. I just don’t have time to sew really. I can; I’m just slow. And already too busy. :disappointed:

I have a valance over that window that matches my other window treatments in the room. So I need something to coordinate. Maybe something like a linen look.:think: Fabric stores are dangerous! :anticipation: I was already trying to think how to make slip covers for my dining room chairs. Now this!:runaround::seesaw::running:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a video of the guppies and their babies for you guys to see. There are a lot more babies but they hide from me a lot. I think there are probably 20 or so and some of them have colour already which is crazy because they aren't even a week old yet.
I had to take out the darker colour males because they were harassing the females too much. Like 5 would gang up on 1 female and chase her for almost an entire hour. The albino males don't seem to care.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Stressful end to a good day. Received a call this afternoon from a social worker at local hospital that my auntie with undiagnosed or ignored dementia has been picked on on a welfare check call and was ready to be discharged from the hospital. Had to tell the worker that yes, I would pick her up from the hospital but no, I was not willing to be responsible for her or to make sure she gets follow up care. Feels crappy to say that but mother just came home four days ago from her fourth hospitalization of the year and requires almost daily care.

The social worker is contacting adult protective services for the aunt.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thinking what a wonderful and loving l :yess: ady i have and how grateful and lucky i am to be given her love cause she spoils me like this i mentioned that i planned to buy a bigger coffe mug and she got me one today with my favorite hockey team logo on it And few snacks to eat while drinking my first mug of coffe from it tommorrow morning. sorry if to many pics i had to share this:)

Attachments

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a really strange dream last night. Dreamt of one of my long deceased uncles, living in my childhood home. The grounds were unkempt. I was an adult, parents were out shopping. I had this feeling that my dad did not get along with my uncle--which was not true... so strange... so weird.
I had an anxious feeling while my uncle was looking over the grounds, and I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dad.....

Really Weird... I cannot think of the meaning of all of it.

It is troubling me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering why every time I have to leave the house my devices act up 8 hours before hand stopping me from earning money. Mom is needing food. Cats are needing food. I'm needing the money to buy such but NO the computer and phones have to give me grief like everything has for 64 years :(

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Since mid June til now, I have acquired almost 50 houseplants. Today, I'm building a shelf to fit them all since they have quite literally taken over the living room. My dad got the wood post for me. I'm making it 86" tall and I'm using hooks and metals shelves from an old closet mate rack my dad also got me a while ago. Wish me luck lol.
16022718842697910845013295331092.jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since mid June til now, I have acquired almost 50 houseplants. Today, I'm building a shelf to fit them all since they have quite literally taken over the living room. My dad got the wood post for me. I'm making it 86" tall and I'm using hooks and metals shelves from an old closet mate rack my dad also got me a while ago. Wish me luck lol.View attachment 354017
nice lookin pup but dont forget to add space for the cat to climb up onto it to :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Since mid June til now, I have acquired almost 50 houseplants. Today, I'm building a shelf to fit them all since they have quite literally taken over the living room. My dad got the wood post for me. I'm making it 86" tall and I'm using hooks and metals shelves from an old closet mate rack my dad also got me a while ago. Wish me luck lol.View attachment 354017
I bet you they are beautiful to look at. One thing to keep an eye out for though are allergies in your pets or you. Sometimes with a lot of plants the indoor mold level increases which results in allergies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brothers neighbor has so many plants. I guess he was a florist before he retired. During the summer he has all the free space in the apartment area filled with plants (it's only a 3-unit building and the other 2 don't mind) and during the winter his apartment glows with grow lights. I always say the cops are going to raid him looking for marijuana, lol.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My brothers neighbor has so many plants. I guess he was a florist before he retired. During the summer he has all the free space in the apartment area filled with plants (it's only a 3-unit building and the other 2 don't mind) and during the winter his apartment glows with grow lights. I always say the cops are going to raid him looking for marijuana, lol.
That's what my mom said! My plant lights are so bright and at night time, it looks like midday in my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.