The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i am eagerly waiting for the start of hockey season
Thats one sport I can tolerate watching a little of. :lol: Baseball is better but I spent enough time at the rink watching my cousin play that I can tolerate a little. Fortunately the only sport DH makes me watch is Track & Field. And that hasn’t happened since we ditched cable.:biggrin:

I wish 20something years ago someone would have warned me that adulthood is just a never ending to-do list. Some days feel like the more you do the more there is to do. Like tetris where the pieces just fall faster and faster! I’ve come to the conclusion that a truly finished to-do list only happens in fiction books. Or the to-do list wasn’t finished either!:runaround::gaah::smash:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats one sport I can tolerate watching a little of. :lol: Baseball is better but I spent enough time at the rink watching my cousin play that I can tolerate a little. Fortunately the only sport DH makes me watch is Track & Field. And that hasn’t happened since we ditched cable.:biggrin:

I wish 20something years ago someone would have warned me that adulthood is just a never ending to-do list. Some days feel like the more you do the more there is to do. Like tetris where the pieces just fall faster and faster! I’ve come to the conclusion that a truly finished to-do list only happens in fiction books. Or the to-do list wasn’t finished either!:runaround::gaah::smash:
:flail:pretty sure my parents had told me many times i just seemed to have missed hearing that

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just when I thought I could finally get one of the litter boxes out of my room, Boone and Gracie throw me a curve ball. Over the last week, they haven't been using the boxes in my room. They were using the two downstairs where I had wanted the boxes anyway. They also weren't being triggered by one using the box and the other suddenly having to so I figured keeping one box up in my roon would be ok for "emergencies ".

This morning though, not only did they use the box in my room, but Boone got triggered by Gracie using it and climbed in too to go potty. So now I am thinking I need to bring the other box in my room again. Not a huge deal but ugh!!!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i
He grew up in Detroit so a huge Red Wings fan. We live near (but not too near) DC so also a Caps fan. He will watch any team though. He HATES Dallas and the Rangers though. Oh and the Penguins. :lol:
i can live with that :lol:my team is the los angeles kings but i was a semi fan of the wings back in the bob probert days (one of my favorite players) my brother in law is rags fan but my team beat his in 2014 :yess:to win the cup

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i

i can live with that :lol:my team is the los angeles kings but i was a semi fan of the wings back in the bob probert days (one of my favorite players) my brother in law is rags fan but my team beat his in 2014 :yess:to win the cup
We had to start liking the Blue Jackets because Boone is named after Boone Jenner. I think that is such a cool name. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so your going to watch the games this year to then :yess:
Oh I have always watched them since meeting my husband in 1997. I even scored VIP tickets to a Caps game right after meeting him. I think that sealed the deal with him on keeping me around. We were married 3 months later ( and no I wasn't pregnant).

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that
Oh I have always watched them since meeting my husband in 1997. I even scored VIP tickets to a Caps game right after meeting him. I think that sealed the deal with him on keeping me around. We were married 3 months later ( and no I wasn't pregnant).
thats so cool you dont know what it means for a guy to have a woman who will watch games live and on tv with him i have managed to get my girlfriend to a few kings games already :lol: and some times she is the good luck charm for the win :(but seems every time she wants to get in the way or block the tv kings get scored on:lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a root canal today. Now I have to have a filling put in where they took off the temporary. I hope I can have the filling before the crown comes into the office. Crowns take 3 weeks to arrive! I can always hope. At least 99% of the pain is gone now.
j
Wowza, glad you're feeling little pain. I've had a few and the pain afterwards was bad.Nicole had one
on Monday and she's had 2 others the past year and now goes to a dentist who only does RCS.SHe
had little pain with any of them

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night my dinner experience was a lot better. I've been feeling kinda meh for a while (I call it being in a "Simon and Gar-funk" because their song "I am a Rock" is pretty much how I feel when I'm in this kind of mood). Last night I was standing outside the restaurant waiting for my to-go order. Another place I'm a regular at. Inside I listened to all the friends and couples chatting. Across from me was a neighborhood park, so there were a bunch of kids chasing each other around and hollering and laughing. And I was thinking about how I'm usually just doing everything on my own and how I wish maybe there was someone constantly around so I could point funny stuff or space stuff out to them (mars is super bright this month!). Just someone who acknowledges my existence and place in this town day to day, you know?

When the lady came to give me my food, she included a can of mango-passion fruit juice for free and then all the girls that work there were waving and saying goodbye to me (the owner is a middle-aged lady and she has two younger cooks/servers) and I got a really warm feeling that maybe I'm where I belong after all. (I guess being food sensitive also means that when I get something extra for free, I treat it like the greatest gift anyone has ever given me.)

lol

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that

thats so cool you dont know what it means for a guy to have a woman who will watch games live and on tv with him i have managed to get my girlfriend to a few kings games already :lol: and some times she is the good luck charm for the win :(but seems every time she wants to get in the way or block the tv kings get scored on:lol:
A couple of seasons ago, every time my husband would wear his Red Wings jersey, they'd lose... bad!! Our whole basement is hockey memorabilia. Pennants, pucks, pictures, frame front pages of newspapers when various teams won the Stanley Cup, and Fat Head team logos. We even have stuff from the Wings and Caps AHL teams (Griffins and Bears).

For the last 10 years we would go up to Hershey, Pa around April and watch a Bears game. It was canceled this year because of Covid19. :mad:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , I'm glad I have a dentist that makes the crowns and implants right in her office by a computer. I get a root canal and a new crown in an hour and a half. I've had three implants now too, which to me are much better because they are permanent, I had to have them when my crowned teeth broke off at the gum line. But they were 20 years old. Almost all dentists have stopped sending out for crowns. I remember those 'temporaries' and what a pain it was to go back. Implants have a waiting period though when they pull the tooth to ready the site. I hate that big 'hole' in your mouth for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.