The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really trivial question-is Starbucks having a supply issue with vanilla Frappuccinos? All three Walmarts I go to have been out for the past few weeks. Seriously, they've only had mocha. I don't live near a Starbucks, either.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I want my vanilla Frappuccino :bawling:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Last Friday my new Dyson V8 cordless arrived, and I adore it. It’s my new best friend..after the girls (my Dyson, my Precious*). Well today, I discover my husband using it to CLEAN SAWDUST FROM A TABLE HE JUST SANDED!!! Sawdust! Aack! (Tricksy husband stole my Precious. Wicked.*)

On the other hand, I just found him in the study, staring sadly at the chair where he reads every afternoon. Mocha was staring back at him, fully in possession of said chair. He would never make her move. He just sat there in his desk chair looking pitiful. So, okay. He gets a pass for defiling my Dyson. :lol:

* LOTR reference

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday my new Dyson V8 cordless arrived, and I adore it. It’s my new best friend..after the girls (my Dyson, my Precious*). Well today, I discover my husband using it to CLEAN SAWDUST FROM A TABLE HE JUST SANDED!!! Sawdust! Aack! (Tricksy husband stole my Precious. Wicked.*)

On the other hand, I just found him in the study, staring sadly at the chair where he reads every afternoon. Mocha was staring back at him, fully in possession of said chair. He would never make her move. He just sat there in his desk chair looking pitiful. So, okay. He gets a pass for defiling my Dyson. :lol:

* LOTR reference
If he is vacuuming sawdust you probably want to check and probably wash the filter. If it has one like the V10, they are easy to wash but slow to dry. I bought an extra filter for just that reason.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
If he is vacuuming sawdust you probably want to check and probably wash the filter. If it has one like the V10, they are easy to wash but slow to dry. I bought an extra filter for just that reason.
Yeah, I immediately washed both filters (and wiped all of the sawdust out of the container). They’re sitting out on the patio to dry, but I probably won’t be able to use the vacuum for a couple of days to make sure they’re completely dry.:bat: Buying another filter sounds like a good idea!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

* LOTR reference
gotta buy him a shop vac

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really trivial question-is Starbucks having a supply issue with vanilla Frappuccinos? All three Walmarts I go to have been out for the past few weeks. Seriously, they've only had mocha. I don't live near a Starbucks, either.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I want my vanilla Frappuccino :bawling:
I think DH was looking for those too. Or it might have been a caramel one. Whatever flavor it was; its been out of stock. I had been looking for 4 different spices that Walmart has been out of for months. I stopped in a local grocery store the other day and they had everything!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night I got home late (after 10) and hadn't eaten since lunch. I ordered my usual Monday night delivery: Pad Thai.
It never arrived.
I called the restaurant, but since I'd used a delivery app, I actually needed to contact the app's customer service because it was their driver's error. By the time we communicated what had happened, the restaurant had closed for the night so reordering was not possible. I'm like...really sensitive about food stuff for some reason (don't ask me to share)..and was just absolutely crying my eyes out because at that point it was 11:30 and I should've eaten and been going to sleep by then.
Oh to top it off, Puar was so worked up about me being on the phone. He was getting into everything, trying to attack my hands and feet, meowing as loudly as possible, etc. etc.
:sigh:
The guy at the restaurant was really nice. He used a translator app to send text messages to see how my call with the delivery company was going and apologized later since he knew I was a regular customer.
I feel silly for getting so worked up, but I was so hangry and phone calls in English make me incredibly nervous, never mind in Korean. I could tell the customer service girls at the delivery company were snickering at me. I've had a lot of issues with that delivery company, so I don't think I'll use them again. I only switched to them because sometimes they have good coupons.

In the end, I had an extra granola bar in my bag so I just ate that and went to sleep.

It's not that I don't have food in my house, but like I said, I should've already been in bed.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband nixed me getting a cat stroller so I bought a harness/leash combo for Boone and Gracie so they can go out on the porch.
Zee.Dog Polyester Cat Harness & Leash, Tide, 10.2 to 16.2-in chest - Chewy.com I miss sitting on the porch with our other cats (Comrade and Torrie). They were so good about it that I never needed a leash on them. They learned that going down the steps was a no-no. I don't think Gracie would accept that and she is quick!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three Walmarts I go to have been out for the past few weeks.
I wonder if Walmart is having supply problems. Because I ordered 30 cans of cat food, but when we went to pick it up, they only had 11 cans! I guess I'll have to order online, since my cats only have food for 11 days now.

I'm like...really sensitive about food stuff for some reason (don't ask me to share)..and was just absolutely crying my eyes out
I'm the same way. I would be crying if I didn't get my dinner by then. I like to eat at 6pm sharp. Or at least by 7pm.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Was finishing up an assignment when the power went out. Not sure if this will drag out into the morning. I didn't get to hand anything in and I wasn't even finished my drawings. I need good light to see but I only have the light from my phone and it wasn't enough. I have to scan them and upload them online when I'm done and I don't have enough light for that either. This is the worst possible thing that could happen at this time. I'm using my moms data but I can't for long because her phone is dying. I'm going to lose so much marks for this being late. Not to mention that I'm terribly afraid of pitch black darkness so I probably won't get any good sleep. 😭 I'm almost 22 but I still ran to my mom and snuggled up beside her because that is the only way I can feel safe enough to close my eyes. Also, since the power is out, the temperature dropped in the house so I'm freezing.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was finishing up an assignment when the power went out. Not sure if this will drag out into the morning. I didn't get to hand anything in and I wasn't even finished my drawings. I need good light to see but I only have the light from my phone and it wasn't enough. I have to scan them and upload them online when I'm done and I don't have enough light for that either. This is the worst possible thing that could happen at this time. I'm using my moms data but I can't for long because her phone is dying. I'm going to lose so much marks for this being late. Not to mention that I'm terribly afraid of pitch black darkness so I probably won't get any good sleep. 😭 I'm almost 22 but I still ran to my mom and snuggled up beside her because that is the only way I can feel safe enough to close my eyes. Also, since the power is out, the temperature dropped in the house so I'm freezing.
Can you let the instructor know what happened and see if it would help get full credit? He/She might be more understanding.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
wondering what today will be like for me . i have to ride to the post office cause someone didnt put enough postage on their letter that they mailed me ... UGH why do people do that ? anyway thats my gripe for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.