The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a Korean teacher in my office whose English name is the same as mine (She's Christy, I'm Christie), but when we talk to her and about her we typically use her Korean name. My boss called me up one morning to ask, "Is Christy there?" and I swear I left my body. It was like I'd briefly been snapped out of the Matrix. I was like...isn't Christie talking to you????

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I was trying to post a link to a shirt on Old Navy, but it won't let me. I was going to ask your opinion on it, but it won't let me post the link. Weird.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The "cat cactus" was made by my ex. Thanks for compliment! The tall beige one is plastic and I'm pretty sure he got that at Petco. It's here now, in the master bedroom. It has these removable beds in three parts of the structure, too. I'm not a huge fan of plastic, but it is a really nice piece of cat furniture. I've never seen any like it, either.
Understandable about the plastic, although it seems like a good material to last outdoors for cat furniture.

I'm feeling horrible today. I've been experiencing chest pain for a few days but when I woke up this morning, it felt different. My lungs feel heavy and it hurts to breathe. I've been sneezing like crazy and I'm so tired. I have a 2,000 word paper due tonight at 11:59pm and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it on time. My mom wanted to take me to the hospital but I figured it would pass. Maybe I just need some rest? I don't know...
How are you feeling today? I'm a worry wort and would recommend checking with a doctor about your symptoms to see if you need to get tested for anything. Although like others mentioned, it could be anxiety and allergies. Have you experienced a panic attack before? My chest would feel really tight, and it was hard to breathe in when my muscles were really tight. If you've had them before, does this feel similar or different? That may help you decide if you should seek treatment sooner than later. Please keep us updated and try to find some time for relaxation and self-care. Sending positive and healing vibes!

All of you need hugs from Small Cal and me. :hugs: 💖💞
You have perfect timing. So needed this morning!!! 😭 :heartshape:

Big Mama had her fry last night. Some got eaten but I started catching them as soon as I noticed them.
View attachment 339074
Waiting for my breeder box to come in the mail. Should be arriving today.

Look at all the babies! I look forward to seeing update pics as they grow! It is so much fun seeing all the colors start to show! So cute!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very frustrated this morning. I had asked my brother a few days ago to deep clean parts of the bathroom he used before and after I moved in because I didn't deep clean everything when I came in. The bathroom was filthy with mold and build up on the toilet seats, old pee accumulated on the lower front part of the toilet, buildup on the sink and counter, and a thick orange film lining the trim inside the shower and on the shower floor. It was nasty, and I scrubbed most of it when I moved back here. I did not do the floor of the side of the cabinet and he has some hair from his last shave on the sink around the faucet and handles. I asked him to clean those three things before be left. He said ok.

I followed up with him this morning to make sure he remembered because today is the day he is moving out. He's like, I remember, but we'll see if I have time. This starts to piss me off and I reminded him I told him many days ago. He says he had to clean the bathroom when he moved in, so he didn't think it was a big deal. I'm like, well who was living here before you moved in? He couldn't remember, but I realized he was deflecting the situation again because he didn't want to take any responsibility. I reminded him how I scrubbed everything when coming in and it was very reasonable that I was asking him to clean the couple of things I didn't yet before he moved out since it was build up from before I moved in. He's also been using the upstairs bathroom because the door has been sticking to down here once the humidity started, and I know he will not be cleaning that bathroom either before moving out, which now has mold and pee build up over the toilet seat. It is gross!

His lack of respect and responsibility irritates me so much. He's stayed at my mom's before and has never vacuumed or cleaned when he has left, to my knowledge.

I am so glad he is moving out, and I don't have to deal with him anymore. I don't even feel like giving him a plant arrangement anymore. He doesn't deserve me being so nice when he has such a lack of respect for me. I'm too nice. Would it be wrong if I don't give him a plant arrangement after asking if he'd like one...?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also frustrated because my mom started making excuses for him and enabling him by saying she would clean for him and for him not to worry about it. I had also asked my brother, I mentioned this several days ago and you didn't mention anything about not knowing if you'd have time or that you had any concerns, were you going to just not say or doing anything about it and just leave without cleaning it? That would be very disrespectful. Heck no, I'm going to fight for this.

My mom the other day when I mentioned my brother had not updated me about his plans for moving and when he needed me to have paths in the living room, etc. to move things, my mom said, well, you have to understand you guys have different ways of doing things. I responded, Mom, I told him to let me know what time he needs things done, I was very clear, and he didn't tell me he wasn't going to do that or state he had different needs, etc.

I don't have time for all this passive or passive aggressive bullcrap within my family. But I am still going to fight for myself and calling things out when I see it and being clear and direct with my needs. :mad::angrywoman::argh:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at all the babies! I look forward to seeing update pics as they grow! It is so much fun seeing all the colors start to show! So cute!!
I hope they all look like their mom. I love her colour. When these bunch get older, I'm going to buy more. They're really hardy fish. When I was catching them, it was interesting to see their personalities already. Some were super brave and adventurous around the tank. Others hid really well. Some were super calm and went with whatever I was doing to them. I think there are 22? But I think she had about 30. I'm still keeping an eye out in case anymore show up but I'm pretty sure I got everyone. What a wonderful surprise this morning! Perked me right up!

How are you feeling today? I'm a worry wort and would recommend checking with a doctor about your symptoms to see if you need to get tested for anything. Although like others mentioned, it could be anxiety and allergies. Have you experienced a panic attack before? My chest would feel really tight, and it was hard to breathe in when my muscles were really tight. If you've had them before, does this feel similar or different? That may help you decide if you should seek treatment sooner than later. Please keep us updated and try to find some time for relaxation and self-care. Sending positive and healing vibes!
Surprisingly, I actually feel better today. I handed in my essay last night and finished up some other assignments and went to bed. My chest definitely feels better. But I think there may be some inflammation in my chest cavity. It could very well be allergies. This all got worse when we drove out of the city on Saturday. We brought Izellah and I was stuck in the backseat with her for an hour going and an hour coming back. She was shedding like crazy but my mom's car windows isn't functional so it wouldn't go down on my side. The heaviness I feel is similar to the way I feel when I give her a shower. I usually have somewhat of an asthma attack afterwards.

I am so glad he is moving out, and I don't have to deal with him anymore. I don't even feel like giving him a plant arrangement anymore. He doesn't deserve me being so nice when he has such a lack of respect for me. I'm too nice. Would it be wrong if I don't give him a plant arrangement after asking if he'd like one...?
Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't give it to him. It's really unfair, selfish, and unkind the way he's been treating you. In relationship dynamics like that, it tends to be healthier when you distance yourself. I'm not talking about not talking to the person but setting boundaries for yourself and making limits for how much of your energy you invest into the relationship. Give what you get in a sense. For example, if someone only calls you once every 2 weeks, you do the same. Don't call twice a week because they aren't willing to make that sacrifice for you. I hope that makes sense. :hugs:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dropped my phone into the cats' water dish today. I've never dropped a cell phone into water before, and I've been a cell user for 16 years. :censored: I had it in my hoodie pocket and as I was bending over to pick up their water fountain so I could clean it, my phone thought it would be great to leap out of my pocket and land in the middle of the water dish.

Of course, I always have an Otterbox Defender case on it, though I've never actually taken it off before. Those extra 30 seconds trying to figure out how to take it apart, and having short fingernails too (so it was even harder to take the hard inner case apart) meant more time for water to seep into the speakers and ports. The speakers were completely silent right after, then a little muffled after some time in dry rice, so hopefully I can get all the water out if I leave it in there for a few hours.

I really don't want to replace my phone if I don't have to. I have an original iPhone SE and it's the ideal phone size for me. I have small hands. I can't deal with these massive cell phones that every manufacturer insists on making. Even the new iPhone SE is too big for my hands!

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try to get into the dental urgent care tomorrow. It'll be difficult, because they've been requiring appointments since the pandemic started. It's a *really* good thing I got antibiotics yesterday, because now I have some swelling.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
That’s a beautiful stand! I got a cabinet like one for my old tank. I use it to store cat food and treats but it’s not pretty. I see these nice cabinets at craft fairs but I’ve not bitten the bullet to buy one yet. I need to measure the space. It could be worth the investment. Years ago my Grandpa would have made it for me.
Look for stands of all kinds on NextDoor and OfferUp, both are sites where people sell their stuff in your neighborhood. I bought an all wood TV stand for my new 60 inch TV, with 2 doors with glass inserts below for my DVD player and a bunch of well-loved 33 rpm classical vinyl records for under $100, and a tall round table, also all wood, for a lamp for $20. These days you can't get nice furniture anymore unless you spend a fortune, thrift shops and antique places still have them for much less. you just really have to examine them well, open and shut drawers and doors, look on the back to see how that was put on, check out the feet if there are any. You may have to refinish the top or put on new hardware, but that is all doable with some sandpaper and a screwdriver.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I dropped my phone into the cats' water dish today. I've never dropped a cell phone into water before, and I've been a cell user for 16 years. :censored: I had it in my hoodie pocket and as I was bending over to pick up their water fountain so I could clean it, my phone thought it would be great to leap out of my pocket and land in the middle of the water dish.

Of course, I always have an Otterbox Defender case on it, though I've never actually taken it off before. Those extra 30 seconds trying to figure out how to take it apart, and having short fingernails too (so it was even harder to take the hard inner case apart) meant more time for water to seep into the speakers and ports. The speakers were completely silent right after, then a little muffled after some time in dry rice, so hopefully I can get all the water out if I leave it in there for a few hours.

I really don't want to replace my phone if I don't have to. I have an original iPhone SE and it's the ideal phone size for me. I have small hands. I can't deal with these massive cell phones that every manufacturer insists on making. Even the new iPhone SE is too big for my hands!
Bury your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice at least overnight, that should dry the phone. I also keep those little silicate bags you get in pill boxes and other stuff and use those to dry out stuff. Just put the item in a ziplock bag with the silicate bag and wait a few days, it should dry your phone in no time. When you are done with the silicate bag put it in the microwave for not more than a minute and it will be dry again for the next use

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bury your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice at least overnight, that should dry the phone. I also keep those little silicate bags you get in pill boxes and other stuff and use those to dry out stuff. Just put the item in a ziplock bag with the silicate bag and wait a few days, it should dry your phone in no time. When you are done with the silicate bag put it in the microwave for not more than a minute and it will be dry again for the next use
Good tip about those little silica bags! I know I have some kicking around somewhere.

Luckily my phone's swimming attempt was in the kitchen and I was about three feet away from a big container of rice, so I threw it in there as soon as I got the case off.

I did a quick test to see if it was working fine after about 45 minutes of being in the rice. It was, and the speakers, headphone jack, and charging port were all working normally. But I'm keeping it in there until some time tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The iPhone SE is water resistant, of course it never does a phone any good to get wet but it shouldn't fritz out after one dip.

"It is water- and dust-resistant with an IP67 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter for 30 minutes."

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The iPhone SE is water resistant, of course it never does a phone any good to get wet but it shouldn't fritz out after one dip.

"It is water- and dust-resistant with an IP67 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter for 30 minutes."
I didn't know that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.