The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they all look like their mom. I love her colour. When these bunch get older, I'm going to buy more. They're really hardy fish. When I was catching them, it was interesting to see their personalities already. Some were super brave and adventurous around the tank. Others hid really well. Some were super calm and went with whatever I was doing to them. I think there are 22? But I think she had about 30. I'm still keeping an eye out in case anymore show up but I'm pretty sure I got everyone. What a wonderful surprise this morning! Perked me right up!
That's so neat with the babies personalities showing <3 That's impressive being able to save 22 out of 30!

Surprisingly, I actually feel better today. I handed in my essay last night and finished up some other assignments and went to bed. My chest definitely feels better. But I think there may be some inflammation in my chest cavity. It could very well be allergies. This all got worse when we drove out of the city on Saturday. We brought Izellah and I was stuck in the backseat with her for an hour going and an hour coming back. She was shedding like crazy but my mom's car windows isn't functional so it wouldn't go down on my side. The heaviness I feel is similar to the way I feel when I give her a shower. I usually have somewhat of an asthma attack afterwards.
Thank goodness. That makes a lot of sense it would be allergies than. Glad you are feeling much better!

Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't give it to him. It's really unfair, selfish, and unkind the way he's been treating you. In relationship dynamics like that, it tends to be healthier when you distance yourself. I'm not talking about not talking to the person but setting boundaries for yourself and making limits for how much of your energy you invest into the relationship. Give what you get in a sense. For example, if someone only calls you once every 2 weeks, you do the same. Don't call twice a week because they aren't willing to make that sacrifice for you. I hope that makes sense. :hugs:
Thank you for this. Yes, looking forward to have little contact since he is out of the house. I had spoken to a friend earlier yesterday who advised not going all out and just giving him something small. I ended up taking out one of my more favorable succulents and replacing it with another double I had that was a similar shape. I think I'd feel guilty later about not giving him something, so I made peace with myself for still giving him something. This was before reading your comment and another friend who I messaged as I didn't see the messages until later, but you both agreed not to give him anything. :)

Thank you for the validation. I was pretty worked up about it, and haved calmed down since then. It helps my brother is officially out. There was such positive energy and uplifting feel after he left. I had so much energy I made brownies and cleaned out the dishwasher, took out the recycling, and washed the disgusting plastic bin for the recycling. I look forward to getting more stuff done today!

I dropped my phone into the cats' water dish today. I've never dropped a cell phone into water before, and I've been a cell user for 16 years. :censored: I had it in my hoodie pocket and as I was bending over to pick up their water fountain so I could clean it, my phone thought it would be great to leap out of my pocket and land in the middle of the water dish.

Of course, I always have an Otterbox Defender case on it, though I've never actually taken it off before. Those extra 30 seconds trying to figure out how to take it apart, and having short fingernails too (so it was even harder to take the hard inner case apart) meant more time for water to seep into the speakers and ports. The speakers were completely silent right after, then a little muffled after some time in dry rice, so hopefully I can get all the water out if I leave it in there for a few hours.

I really don't want to replace my phone if I don't have to. I have an original iPhone SE and it's the ideal phone size for me. I have small hands. I can't deal with these massive cell phones that every manufacturer insists on making. Even the new iPhone SE is too big for my hands!
Yikes! Glad it is working now! I prefer not to buy new phones either. I bought one, I think, 7 years ago and 6. The 7 years ago, I believe, was my first smart phone or maybe second. I was very late to the game, compared to friends and family, for getting a smart phone. While working at Walmart, I found the prepaid t-mobile branded phones would work with post pay sim cards. The pre-pay phones were so much cheaper than the contract post pay phones sold at t-mobile stores! The phone from 6 years ago was slightly bigger than my 7 year old phone and only $30 on clearance (regular $100-120?), so I bought it! Unfortunately, at some point t-mobile changed the pre-paid phones and newer pre-paid plan phones no longer work for this method... which is why I refuse to upgrade my phone.

My 6 year old phone screen was smashed while I was at school from slipping on a muddy hill while my phone was in my pocket. I asked my mom to mail my my old 7 year old phone, so I didn't have to buy a new phone! She even offered to buy me a new one for a holiday/birthday present since it was Dec., but I said to just send me my old phone because new phones are too expensive now adays, and I would prefer if she bought essentials I needed, so I could keep being as frugal as possible while in school.

My old phone cannot open apps anymore, but still functions for text and calls. My mom kept her old phone when she got her new one, and I asked if she was okay with me having it, and she said yes. I use that phone for playing games and using other apps, but when my phone dies I may change my service to that phone instead of buying a new one. It is a bit larger, so less convenient to carry around, but hey, I won't have to buy a new phone!

I was able to get an appointment for today :hyper:

Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable anxiety to set in 😱
Yeah! Good luck! You've got this! Sending calming energy <3

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my friends offered to pay me to help with yard work, asked me what would be a fair rate and accepted it, and will be updating me when they would like me to come over. It will be to help with weeding and other yard work. She complimented me for how I sold myself because I listed my paid and volunteer experience that was relevant, and also my experience and ability to work outdoors in all weather and exposure to mosquitoes and ticks, among other things. :cheerleader: I am so excited!!! This will be a great way to spend time outside, be active, make some money, and I know it will be a safe environment, especially because they are both conscientious like myself and have been and will keep wearing masks around others.

If I end up pursuing this if I see offers or advertise to people wanting help with yards, I will also have a reference specific to yard work now. Yeah!

I am also picking up some library books for making things with crochet or yarn, like stuffed animals and animal hats. Thinking that will be fun to learn or improve my skills, and those are items I could try selling when they are made, too!

There was another book for making fairy garden supplies, but the library has it on order and not sure when it will be available. Very excited to make those items for myself, but was thinking that would be hot items to sell, too!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother insisted on washing all my new jeans in vinegar. It faded them horribly. Thankfully only 3 pairs of jeans arrived so far. I wish I could wash my own clothes. :(
Really? I have heard that washing new jeans In vinegar actually locks in the color so they don’t fade. But It would frustrate me as well if I didn’t know what someone else was doing to my new clothes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? I have heard that washing new jeans In vinegar actually locks in the color so they don’t fade. But It would frustrate me as well if I didn’t know what someone else was doing to my new clothes.
I don't know. That's all she told me she did to them. They have faded streaks down them now. Maybe she used too much vinegar or soaked them too long? I have no idea. :(

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother insisted on washing all my new jeans in vinegar. It faded them horribly. Thankfully only 3 pairs of jeans arrived so far. I wish I could wash my own clothes. :(
Argh, I'm so sorry. I'm so angry for you that this happened. :mad: :angrywoman: :angryfire:

Then I would wash your jeans in a sink rather than let her ruin your new clothes.
Ya know, I washed my clothes in a large plastic tub while at school during the summer and after my friend left that used to let me into the dorms to use the machines. I put my clothes and laundry soap in, filled up water, and swirled them around and let the clothes sit for 10 min., dumped and filled with fresh water to repeat a swirl and let sit, and then a final rinse. When it was warm enough, I air dried my clothes outside. Knowing your mom, this might not work for you, but if you had any questions and wanted to try, let me know.

I did a quick search about jeans and vinegar because I've never heard of this. It looks like soaking them in vinegar, or maybe running through the wash with vinegar, but no soap, may help. Here's an article with it: Stop ruining your jeans: The right way to wash your denim

Maybe try soaking the jeans in vinegar before she does the wash?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The breeder box came yesterday but I'm disappointed by the quality. The back part that's supposed to keep it attached to the aquarium glass is flawed. But I can't return it because I need it and it's still fairly usable. I just had to make a few minor adjustments.
15923532144256551435599395489344.jpg

All babies are still doing well. I feed them 8 times a day and clean out the pen with my Turkey baster after every feeding. It's a lot of work but it has got to be done.

15923534703324749672130988828526.jpg

I also picked up a bundle of 10 Dracaena sanderiana today. 7 are in the 40 gallon and 3 are in the 5 gallon. I'm going to grow the shoots out until they are tall enough to be submerged in the tanks.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they still wearable?
Thankfully only 3 pair came so far. The rest of my orders are taking forever to ship, so that was a blessing in disguise. Yes, I will still wear them. I just don't like the faded look. I have one pair on right now, it looks okay. I'll try the other two tomorrow and the next day.

Then I would wash your jeans in a sink rather than let her ruin your new clothes.
Then she would just complain about how much well water it takes. There is no winning against her, unless I just leave someday.
I pray everyday that God lifts me out of here, since I can't seem to leave on my own.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as extractions go, this was an easy one. Turns out it was already loose, like my body was rejecting it or something.
How are you feeling today? Don't drink out of straws or you could contract a dry socket.💖

Status
Not open for further replies.