The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The black airline tubing came in the mail today. I was going to use the wire I ordered along with it but it was too flimsy. I used some old wire I had left over from a school project. I took all the plants out of their soil and rinsed and brushed all the dirt off their roots. Made little hang on back hooks which worked out better than I expected. I ordered some bamboo too. I'm going to go pick it up on Monday (if the order is ready by then). I was going to add more fake plants but the tank suddenly feels very complete. I think I'll just throw some moss balls in there instead. The roots will make a great hiding place for fry. I can see their eyes through the guppy's gravid (gravit?) spot.
IMG-20200613-WA0011.jpeg
IMG-20200613-WA0013.jpeg
IMG-20200613-WA0021.jpeg
IMG-20200613-WA0015.jpeg
IMG-20200613-WA0025.jpeg

20200613_230947.jpg

Camera didn't really do the set up justice in my opinion...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She apologized and offered to do a Zoom meeting with me but I said I would be ok. Ok, I'm not really and still feeling 😞 but I don't have the energy right now for a Zoom meeting.

Adding that I would have to set up and host the Zoom meeting, too, because I have unlimited access through work :ohwell: My friend has Zoom access through her work but the company has a plan that only allows one meeting to occur at a time. Pretty unlikely there would be a Zoom meeting on a Saturday or Sunday but who knows these days? Just kind of feels that my friend is treating me to something as an apology but I have to pay on my own :disappointed:

I still haven't sent the invite for the next group get together. No one has asked about it either but they probably assume one will happen anyways, they just don't have the meeting number and password.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's legs are bothering her today so I have to visit with the cats through the cams so I can be here for Mom. Still trying to find a good placement on these cams though. The design of this house was wonderful for the 40s,50s and 60s but in 2020 I can't quite do as much as I want.

Catherine Williams Dunning, the daughter of Hank Williams Jr was killed in an auto crash yesterday, leaving behind a husband and 2 children. Her father went through so much in his lifetime. I just loved listening the the patriarch of the family though and have several of his albums here.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m glad it’s helping Katie M Katie M . I had a baby molar develop an abcess right before a trip a few years ago. I went to the walk-in associated with my local hospital and they were able to give me antibiotics just to be safe. My dentist didn’t think I needed them; I needed it pulled. I didn’t want to develop issues (it was actually painless) while traveling so I went in. Better safe than sorry. I hope you can get it taken care of soon!! I have an implant in place of it now. Thankfully my dental insurance helped cover it. And my new dentist’s office figured out how to arrange the process over 2 calendar years so they paid more than they would have if it was done in one. That helped a lot!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding that I would have to set up and host the Zoom meeting, too, because I have unlimited access through work :ohwell: My friend has Zoom access through her work but the company has a plan that only allows one meeting to occur at a time. Pretty unlikely there would be a Zoom meeting on a Saturday or Sunday but who knows these days? Just kind of feels that my friend is treating me to something as an apology but I have to pay on my own :disappointed:

I still haven't sent the invite for the next group get together. No one has asked about it either but they probably assume one will happen anyways, they just don't have the meeting number and password.
I can relate with feeling like you have to pay your own. One of the people I was trying to be friends with said they would get back to me the next day about plans I initiated, but she never did. Days went by. She finally messaged me and apologized that she was busy and forgot and said she'd love to still hang out sometime. She wanted me to make the plans and let her know, but I didn't want to go through that again and told her why don't you let me know when you are free? I never heard back from her. Let us know how things go. <3

They gave me an antibiotic as a precaution. I'm SO glad I decided to go-I'm already feeling so much better. There's no way I could've gone through one more day like that.
So glad you went in and received something that is helping for now!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your dental insurance helped pay for your implant? I know insurance used to not cover them. That's awesome if they are starting to!
It just depends on the plan. Mine covered up to a certain amount and I had to pay the rest. I got the implant one November and the tooth about 6 months later. So it helped split up the expense.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling horrible today. I've been experiencing chest pain for a few days but when I woke up this morning, it felt different. My lungs feel heavy and it hurts to breathe. I've been sneezing like crazy and I'm so tired. I have a 2,000 word paper due tonight at 11:59pm and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it on time. My mom wanted to take me to the hospital but I figured it would pass. Maybe I just need some rest? I don't know...

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling horrible today. I've been experiencing chest pain for a few days but when I woke up this morning, it felt different. My lungs feel heavy and it hurts to breathe. I've been sneezing like crazy and I'm so tired. I have a 2,000 word paper due tonight at 11:59pm and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it on time. My mom wanted to take me to the hospital but I figured it would pass. Maybe I just need some rest? I don't know...
have you taken any allergy medicine by chance? It could also be anxiety? Or even both? I had that mix around the time I got tested for covid (negative). It felt like I had lead weights in my lungs. Hope it gets better and that you can get some rest! I know your schoolwork is stressing you out, so I hope the words came out quickly and you were able to finish in time without too much more stress!

what's on my mind today?
I think it's really strange to hear my name said out loud to get my attention. Do you ever hear your name said by someone and just go, wait. what? That's me...? Are you sure? Doesn't sound like my name...

Then again, when someone you like says your name it's like...."THAT'S ME~! :hearthrob: "
I used to play soccer with my old crush and so I'd hear him call my name to give me instructions and I was like "Well if you insist, I guess I will put more pressure on the defense... :blush: "
He had a really deep voice :loveeyes:

I don't think my current crush has actually ever said my name out loud to me? One time he saw me after a festival he'd just played at (he was biking home and I was walking) and he just shouted "HEY!!!" at me. Lol. Everyone turned and looked and I just waved like an idiot. That was a few years ago... 😲 We've seen each other a lot more since then, but every other time we've talked it's been just a catching of eyes to start the conversation. (I know that he knows my name, lol, so that's not the problem.)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's really strange to hear my name said out loud to get my attention. Do you ever hear your name said by someone and just go, wait. what? That's me...? Are you sure? Doesn't sound like my name...
Yes, but it depends on circumstances? Like, when I'd be at school and someone would call out for me with my first name when 95% of the time I'm Ms _______. That really throws me for a loop. I guess it happens at other times occasionally, but mostly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.