The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
They’re home! :cloud9:
They cried in the carrier, it just about broke my heart. I just held the carrier on my lap and talked to them softly, telling them it’d be okay. They cried less after that, but it must have been very scary going to a new home.
When they got home and I let them out of the carrier into the downstairs bathroom (their adjustment space, with all their things in it), one of them hissed at me once. He settled down when he realized I was just going to sit there and watch.
They weren’t in the mood for treats or playing, but they were sniffing their new surroundings and cautiously padding around the edges of the bathtub. They immediately went into the fort I built them, and they’ve been alternating between the carrier (which has a soft lining) and the fort. They seem to just be resting.
I’ve been trying to leave them alone for a bit, but later I’ll see if they want to play or if they’re hungry for some wet food.
View attachment 205914 View attachment 205915 View attachment 205917
yay!
Congratulations!
Please update us when you can and post MORE pictures please.
I am so very happy for you :-)

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ariel2611 Ariel2611 Thank you! I will.
They’re not doing much- just laying around. Not playing, not eating or drinking. Is this normal? I figure they’re just adjusting. I’m trying to leave them alone.
They hissed at my mom when she got too close and spoke too loudly, but other than that they don’t care if someone is in there as long as they’re quiet and don’t come too close.
I’m very excited, but also nervous. I just want them to be happy and healthy.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat fencing is the best investment I have made. I was able to put cat trees in the yard and now the three of them can run in and out ,sometimes they lay in the sun all day or under a bush.I have had it for over a year now but rarely give it a thought. A couple weeks ago we had to replace a section of the fence it is attached to so, we removed that section of the Purrfect fence and had to keep the cats in the house for a week until the new section was up and the concrete around the posts had set and, I had to stain it to match the other three sides. One of the cats (Milo) was very upset with being confined in the house.When they were able to go back out , they sniffed around for awhile and then started running around doing a happy dance. I just love watching them play , I celebrated by getting them a 7th cat tree.One day I am going to make a cat tree that goes right into the tree in the yard, Norachan inspires me and she has done such a great job as we all know.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! Marcy has never cuddled. I've been hoping she would eventually feel comfortable enough to start. A few minutes ago, she laid down against my legs. Progress! She comes over for pets all the time, and she will stand on my lap and let me pet her but she always seems to be holding back a bit.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Ariel2611 Ariel2611 Thank you! I will.
They’re not doing much- just laying around. Not playing, not eating or drinking. Is this normal? I figure they’re just adjusting. I’m trying to leave them alone.
They hissed at my mom when she got too close and spoke too loudly, but other than that they don’t care if someone is in there as long as they’re quiet and don’t come too close.
I’m very excited, but also nervous. I just want them to be happy and healthy.
That's quite normal for the first day. Just give them time to settle in and they'll soon relax. I love the fort you built them. Cardboard boxes are the best invention ever, aren't they? My cats love them too.

It was supposed to snow last night but it didn't. I'm very happy about that, it's too early for snow.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finally finished raking all the leaves, cleaning up the yard, and prepping for our first holidays as hosts for various family members. My mother in law will be here next week, and all I will need to do is a quick touch up cleaning before then! :fallsmiley:

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Norachan Norachan ! You were right, they quickly settled down and let us pet them and play with them. They are such snuggle bugs, they purred and purred... my heart melted. :blush:
They devoured their wet food and have been wrestling. It is their duty to kill all the nefarious teaser toys... and they are succeeding. They’re little ninjas with claws!
70868AD8-734C-430E-AE80-90C0C5134A41.jpeg

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling super comfy and relaxed. Took a bath and shaved my legs - no small feat, especially when you consider the fact that I can no longer bend over far enough to tie my own shoes - and had some quality time with my husband when he got off. I can't remember the last time I actually felt relaxed. Usually I'm struggling to find a comfortable way to sit or lie down and failing. Maybe I should soak in the tub more often.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A sunny Autumn day again... It cheers me up to have so many sunny days in this time of the year. I did some trimming in the garden, but most of the plants are still vivid green. I cleaned and desinfected the chicken coop and filled it with a very thick layer of straw. As usual the chickens went in the coop afterwards and inspected my work. When they came out again, they seemed content.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 205479 Watching MSt3k tonight and this happened. The only thing better than robot puppets making fun of classic movies? When the feature is prefaced by a short highlighting many cats in princess outfits / wedding dresses. :lovecat4:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - OMG! I LOVE MST3K! I have a small collection of dvds thanks to my brother, but I don't recognize the screenshot you posted. Do you know what movie it is?
Ok, so my pawsitive for the day has to be...I actually came across someone who's heard of Mystery Science Theater!
:yess::jive::jump:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
weebeasties weebeasties - I'm so glad we have another MST3k fan here! :yess: It's from episode 307. The short before the film "Daddy-O," called "Alphabet Antics." C is for cat!
Here it is:

You can watch a lot of the episodes on YouTube through the official MST3k channel. Actually, you can watch almost all of them somewhere on YouTube, but on the official channel, the creators still get the ad revenue: MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Funny how the last post mentioned YouTube. I had to adjust something on our (very very humble) YouTube channel and came across this. It made me smile watching the video again and I thought it would be perfect for the positive thread!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My step daughter's mother is bringing her today. She lives 4 hours away and up until this fall, we had her half time but she started preschool so now we don't get to see her as much. I've missed the little munchkin. Weekends aren't really that feasible since her mother moved her so far away. John's pushing for us to have her all summer.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling accomplished to have finished cleaning the house and packing to go away for Thanksgiving. We took our dog for a good walk this morning as well and it was excellent to be able to get out and about. The weather here is just starting to get chilly.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Look at that face!
Taking out the recycling this morning, and I finally took a closer look at the box in which Mog's new window seat / perch came:
IMG_8537.JPG

Can we just talk for a second about this guy's face??!? Such an adorable, happily derpy face. The window seat is ok; I'll probably have to upgrade soon, though. But I'd buy it again just to look at this cat's face on the box. Such pure satisfaction, it couldn't be anything but PAWsitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.