The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Look at that face!
Taking out the recycling this morning, and I finally took a closer look at the box in which Mog's new window seat / perch came:
View attachment 206016

Can we just talk for a second about this guy's face??!? Such an adorable, happily derpy face. The window seat is ok; I'll probably have to upgrade soon, though. But I'd buy it again just to look at this cat's face on the box. Such pure satisfaction, it couldn't be anything but PAWsitive.
I've been thinking about getting one of those window seats! I think Charlie would have fun with another perch!

To those who have one: would it accommodate a 12-lb cat?

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about getting one of those window seats! I think Charlie would have fun with another perch!

To those who have one: would it accommodate a 12-lb cat?
It would. The suction cups are really strong, but mine is secured with Velcro around the frame, and the Velcro likes to come off, making the "hammock" part sag. I remedied that by adding Velcro. It was only $8 on Chewy, so I'm not complaining. Now that I know the cats will use it, (and Mog is in it nonstop!) I am going to probably get a nicer / bigger one, however. Here's a pic before I fixed it so you can see what I mean about the sagging. It's still totally functional, even like that, and Mog is 11lbs.

For something positive: One of my favorite customers just came into the shop. She'd been away for a vacation, so it was nice to catch up and find some new winter gear for her. People like her make retail worthwhile! :cloud9:

Attachments

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My best friend had to say good-bye to her cat of 17 years this past Monday.She has no children or other pets. I have always dreaded this happening because I knew it would break her heart.She came over for a visit last night and we watched the old WKRP in Cincinnati episode where on thanksgiving they drop turkeys out of the helicopter as a promotion for the radio station. of course if you know the episode you remember that turkeys can't fly so it was a disaster, we both laughed until we cried.My cat Farrah (middle in my profile picture) looks just like the cat she lost, Farrah stayed very close to my friend, as though she knew she was needed.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
abyeb abyeb Has Charlie been eating the mushrooms he found growing outside again?

:bunnydance:

It's really cold here today. The outdoor water bowls had ice on them this morning. I smashed the layer of ice off but now, at a little after 1 pm, they're frozen again.

I've decided that's a good enough excuse to try and fatten up for winter. Having toasted raisin bread for brunch right now.

:anticipation:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb Has Charlie been eating the mushrooms he found growing outside again?

:bunnydance:

It's really cold here today. The outdoor water bowls had ice on them this morning. I smashed the layer of ice off but now, at a little after 1 pm, they're frozen again.

I've decided that's a good enough excuse to try and fatten up for winter. Having toasted raisin bread for brunch right now.

:anticipation:
Now that's great news - and excuse to fatten up! Excellent!

:hyper:
moozoom.gif
:hyper:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn and I watched Pocahontas together tonight. She'd never seen it before. It was my favorite Disney movie when I was a kid, so I had to remedy the situation. She's fast asleep now. John had to work tonight so he didn't get to spend much time with her yet, but they can play before he goes to work tomorrow and he has Tuesday off.

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got to go to Dublin's first ever cat fair yesterday so that was exciting. Picked up some nice bits and pieces, including a cute little cat shaped compact mirror. I had a lovely time overall. It was quite small but hopefully it's an event that continues and grows with every year. Nice to see people there spreading the love and appreciation of cats..!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
20171120_115928_resized.jpg

Who likes baby bunnies? These guys are eating machines!

I got home from the shelter today to find that my husband had made pumpkin soup! He almost never cooks, so it was a very welcome surprise.

We got an update on Blanka, the epileptic cat. She and the resident cat are already inseparable, so she's got a home. :clapcat:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
This weekend my girlfriend in NC rescued a poor cat who had major dental issues-he's in a colony and it took her about 24 hours to get close enough to get to him-he's friendly but scratched her up pretty good which is unusual for him she said. The first thing it looked like was someone kicked him in the face-come to find out he's got a massive infection and needs a total mouth extraction. The good news=some of money has been raised for it-he's at her house in the bathtub with tons of soft blankets=the vet gave several medications to hold over until the surgery. He's purring up a storm and making biscuits..we now are searching for a home for him-she won't put him back out in the colony without teeth..so very glad it wasn't abuse and glad he's adjusting well to indoor living!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm helping out Panthera, a group dedicated to the conservation of big and little wild cats. It's fun - I get to look at awesome photos from trail cameras placed around the world. Recently I've been looking at photos from South Africa, which are almost all of impalas, warthogs, rhinos, zebras, hyenas and the occasional elephant foot. Beautiful animals (even those nasty slinking hyenas) but no cats. And then, suddenly:

MaleLionFacingCamera in SA.JPG

My day is made! :yess:

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the photo turned out blurry, but the kittens were too cute waiting for me to dish out their wet food.
A6B9E0D8-8F08-4A73-8B84-92430825CD49.jpeg
They’ve been doing great, though the flame point boy is a little piggie and thinks all the food belongs to him. :p He was meowing at me for food yesterday despite having a full bowl of free fed kibble. When I gave him a little wet food, being the softie I am, he did this, and it cracked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.