The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart I am! I can barely sleep, I’m so ready for tomorrow. I feel like cats really do bring out the best in us, and make us whole in a way only animals can. I’m looking forward to snuggling and playing with them as they grow... tomorrow is the start of many years of adventures. :D
Thank you and Speedy for the hugs! :hugs:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had unpleasant kittyless periods in my life. I don't like them. I'm much happier living with purr monsters.
Murphy has been sleeping on daddy's lap tonight. Usually he's a total mama's boy so it's sweet to see him loving up on daddy, too. Hopefully he'll decide that daddy is just as good for cuddles as mommy and he won't be too freaked when I have to be in the hospital for a couple of days.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Some shelter volunteers went to several county recycling centers yesterday trying to dispose of a defective commercial washer, only to be told that no commercial appliances were accepted. One center in the neighboring county said they'd take it, for €60 (over $60). That left a privately-owned recycling center - which not only waived its fee, but took a defective chest freezer, too. The owner has two dogs.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I visited the town where I used to live when I was a student. Old memories came flooding back; me as an 18-year-old girl, full of hope and lust for life, ready to conquer the world.
Thank you mom and dad, to offer me the opportunity for higher education, an opportunity that neither of you had.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is something going on with Missy... She has never been a lap cat, but guess what ?
This afternoon, after I sat down on the couch, she jumped on my lap. She curled up and took a nap... after about 45 minutes (!!!), she started moving and ended up fully stretched on her back, with her belly side up. Continued to sleep for another 30 minutes (!!!) on my lap. Luckily the remote was within reach; I watched 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest' (for the hundredth time). Then Missy started grooming... and suddenly she looked at me ... it was a bit of a dirty look, as if she was thinking 'Damn, I have been on this lap way too long'. And then she jumped.
No more baby steps for Missy; she is becoming a big girl now.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Mongolian style horse riding stable in Nagano yesterday. The weather was just perfect for riding and I met this sweet little pocket sized pony.

View attachment 205809

The one I rode was much bigger, but this chubby little guy really made my day.
Norachan Norachan - This photo:

upload_2017-11-18_12-15-14.jpeg

really startled me for a second; I wondered how you got a picture of Bob. These two sure look alike!

bob35.jpg

;)

Today's the perfect day for limbing up the lower branches in the woods where they've begun to encroach overhead on the path down to the river. It's warm enough to seem almost like late Summer, rather than the gateway to Winter!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to share this post from one of the kindest, most generous people I've ever known, because I'm very glad the title of her post is true, and because I'm hoping others will want to read it, click on the links, and share it with other cat-loving friends. Many of you already know her from her website, business, TV appearances and books. For those who don't, you're in for a treat.
I'm Alive! • hauspanther

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I went to a Mongolian style horse riding stable in Nagano yesterday. The weather was just perfect for riding and I met this sweet little pocket sized pony.

View attachment 205809

The one I rode was much bigger, but this chubby little guy really made my day.
:heartshape: I have never seen a horse like that before! He's so cute! If I'm ever in Japan...

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They’re home! :cloud9:
They cried in the carrier, it just about broke my heart. I just held the carrier on my lap and talked to them softly, telling them it’d be okay. They cried less after that, but it must have been very scary going to a new home.
When they got home and I let them out of the carrier into the downstairs bathroom (their adjustment space, with all their things in it), one of them hissed at me once. He settled down when he realized I was just going to sit there and watch.
They weren’t in the mood for treats or playing, but they were sniffing their new surroundings and cautiously padding around the edges of the bathtub. They immediately went into the fort I built them, and they’ve been alternating between the carrier (which has a soft lining) and the fort. They seem to just be resting.
I’ve been trying to leave them alone for a bit, but later I’ll see if they want to play or if they’re hungry for some wet food.
CFCC2E43-DD7C-4BC4-9975-8EA560964835.jpeg 48C7CD6A-04B6-4506-BF21-1613270070BF.jpeg 6BFB16CA-773A-4420-8DCC-504C2684C0E9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.