The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home (from work) at last... I had one more hurdle to take before I could relax ; to convince Missy to get her monthly flea and tick treatment. It went almost smoothly this time and she was rewarded with a piece of roasted chicken for being so cooperative. Good girl, Missy !

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my new Pokémon game! It didn't come in the mail when it was supposed to, so I downloaded it directly from online. I'm going to return the hardcopy and send it back, but keep the free keychain I got for pre-ordering it. I just couldn't wait!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Ottawa got a thin blanket of snow on the weekend. It is a little cold out but I am going through cat photos today and they are warming my soul.

Taz.

My little buddy Kane:rbheart: back in August of 2007. In the park near the apartment building we used to live in.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So excited, my oldest is spending the week with us for Thanksgiving. She took the train from the city which is a short ride away and couldn't wait to see Carleton - I guess we're second fiddle. :wink: BTW, Carleton was equally delighted to see her. He purred and followed her all over the house. :catrub:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several months ago I caught a skinny little kitten that was running around a busy parking lot. He was hiding under cars and crying. I finally got a hold on him but, what next? That's when a young woman who works at a shop close by said she would take him. I kept hoping I would run into her again to see how he was doing. FINALLY! Today was the day! We talked about him for quite a while and she showed me pictures. He's so handsome now. Best of all, I now know he is happy and in a loving forever home!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
weebeasties weebeasties , that is GREAT news!
Another week, with more opportunities to advocate for the cats and kittens we all love so much. It's sunny and warm here -- I'd prefer cloudy and cool, but am thankful for anything we get as we are so fortunate! -- and all is well. Really enjoying the posts on this thread and all the pix! Here is Tarifa.
IMG_0469.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusk comes a little earlier each day, and tonight it seems even to have surprised my Friends in the woods. When Momma Fox was nowhere in evidence tonight, I looked down the river bank toward the den, and was rewarded with a look that said, "why is it so dark, and where's dinner?"

Dusk; no flash, and I'm not young enough to hand-hold at half a second, hence it's not much of a picture. Use your imagination.

foxwhereisdinner.jpg

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Dusk comes a little earlier each day, and tonight it seems even to have surprised my Friends in the woods. When Momma Fox was nowhere in evidence tonight, I looked down the river bank toward the den, and was rewarded with a look that said, "why is it so dark, and where's dinner?"

Dusk; no flash, and I'm not young enough to hand-hold at half a second, hence it's not much of a picture. Use your imagination.

View attachment 206299
I think that this is a lovely photo. It's very hard to accurately capture the light at dusk, much less convey the quiet peacefulness of dusk in a late autumn woods. The fox is demonstrating her camouflage and is standing up which is an unusual way to see foxes portrayed. I do have to use my imagination for the white stuff in the background, though. Is that mist rising up from water or the lower ground? A mysterious fog of unknown origin? An enormous dumping ground for snow? Liquid nitrogen on a movie set?
catman.gif

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
:bliss: I just put in some more time looking at trail camera images for Panthera, the conservation group I mentioned earlier that is working to save big and wild cats from extinction. Just when I thought that I couldn't look at another photo of a zebra's rear end, my patience was rewarded. And what a reward! This leopard looks like she is with cub. Yay! Leopard population +1!

Leopard in South Africa.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bliss: I just put in some more time looking at trail camera images for Panthera, the conservation group I mentioned earlier that is working to save big and wild cats from extinction. Just when I thought that I couldn't look at another photo of a zebra's rear end, my patience was rewarded. And what a reward! This leopard looks like she is with cub. Yay! Leopard population +1!

View attachment 206302
margd margd - You can expect tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 to show up here any moment now - probably holding a net and asking for directions.

;)

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a lovely picture 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Have you thought about getting a trail camera? I got some really good shots on mine, even in pitch darkness. Mine was just a cheap, standard model but it does a good job of letting me know what forest critters are about.

I just got a delivery from the Pukka Tea Company. I'm having hot ginger tea now, to warm me up for the day.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a lovely picture 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Have you thought about getting a trail camera? I got some really good shots on mine, even in pitch darkness. Mine was just a cheap, standard model but it does a good job of letting me know what forest critters are about.

I just got a delivery from the Pukka Tea Company. I'm having hot ginger tea now, to warm me up for the day.
Norachan Norachan - Thanks for the thought; I have considered setting some trailcams, but I'm not certain that I want to see all that happens after dark, and stumbling around the woods with the old Nikon is better than sitting inside any time - even in the dead of Winter - and having seen some of your stunning ice and snow-covered landscape photos, I know that you understand that concept very well. Dad used to say, "there are lots of things I should be doing, but I'm going for a walk anyway." He was a smart fellow.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawistive news today is that I'm reading all these wonderful posts after working all day and catching up with all my friends on TCS. @AmyTheKittenMommy the cats are beautiful! Congratulations to all! I love the little noises kitty is making when he eats. They need their nutrition to get into mischief! :runningcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.