Stray Cat Went Missing?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, please have Julie spayed after the kittens have weaned off and make sure Julie does not get out and get pregnant again. Pregnancy is not good for her health.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Julie was already heavily pregnant when you found her? You probably did the right thing then letting her have the kittens. This will be exciting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Julie was already heavily pregnant when you found her? You probably did the right thing then letting her have the kittens. This will be exciting.
Yes, she was already almost going to give birth! We take notes about her behavior every 4 hours. She has been yelling everywhere. She also has been moving beds to beds. She also seems very sleepy and restless. Maybe she will give birth today! I am really happy.

She's resting on our big bed (fitted for 4 kittens or more) We want all her kittens to be as healthy as her! We give wellness canned food to Julie, as that is what a lot of our friends suggest. Poor Julie has to eat kitten food to have her kittens healthy.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
K Kittysodaa , make a nest for her and place it away from human traffic so there will be no distraction or interruptions, else she'll keep moving around to find a quiet place to give birth.
Got it. She isn't moving anymore. but she keeps licking her genitalia. Does it mean her kittens are coming soon?

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for not responding, We all were sweating the whole time. First, we were cooking something when Julie was running around telling us to follow her. So we had to leave the ramen there (turned the stove off) and ran to her nest. She started to lie down, meowing crazily! and she started to pant like crazy too. We were already like sweating from everything :lol: She has a discharge but it didn't smell. No color of pus. We were so relieved.

First Kitten! Her first kitten came out head first, which was okay to us. The placenta was there too. Julie started licking her first kitten, which we were so happy about. She also chewed off the umbilical cord.

Second Kitten! the same head first thing too. Placenta was spotted, started licking the kitten too. Same things that happened to the first one.

Third Kitten! so many kittens! head first, placenta spotted still and still licking the kitten.

Fourth Kitten! just saying that all her kittens are perfectly normal and healthy! the placenta was spotted.

Fifth Kitten! The placenta was there, healthy and cute.

All 5 Placentas are there and Julie is licking her precious babies, GRAPHICALLY eating the placenta. We couldn't even look. Can we just say like the towels were like if Julie killed some animal? She chewed off the umbilical cord off all of them. The little cuties starting moving! they're all so cute!

I'll post their fur colors in another reply cause this is so long :lol:

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just tell you, Julie is a silver tabby with white mitts!

Kitten 1!
We don't know who she/he is (gender) but she/he is cute! We assume her (Julie) mate was a brown tabby, as their kittens are brown and silver. This kittens fur color is brown!

Kitten 2!
This kittens fur color is silver!

Kitten 3!
This kitten is brown! So cute! Would love him/her for some snuggles.

Kitten 4!
She/he is silver! She/he is very cute.

Kitten 5!

This kitten is brown!

They are all so cute! Julie is nursing at the moment, so we can continue with our ramen... Poor ramen left cold for like an hour!

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
1st Day

We have been weighing them and their weights are similar to each other, they have been gaining weight. No runt! Mama Julie is nursing them as usual. Is it okay to have cats running around while the mama is nursing? Cause we have laser pointers out and about :lol:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Best is to have momma cat and kittens have peace by themselves and away from all the chaotic running around of the other cats. This way, momma cat can raise the kittens well and in a safe manner.

Let the kittens stay with momma for at least 12 weeks before adopting them out. This period is important to the kittens so that momma cat can teach them well and so they can be easily socialized.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Best is to have momma cat and kittens have peace by themselves and away from all the chaotic running around of the other cats. This way, momma cat can raise the kittens well and in a safe manner.

Let the kittens stay with momma for at least 12 weeks before adopting them out. This period is important to the kittens so that momma cat can teach them well and so they can be easily socialized.
Okay, got it. The cats are noisy when playing. They can make so much noise that we get woken up by them in the night.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Some momma cats dont mind..some do. My sister never seperated mom cat from the house cats but they were all fixed. She got out and came home preggers. Mom cat will move if she finds it too hectic or just allow the playing of other cats near momcat for short amount of time like 15 minutes unless they dont get along then yes keep it down...depends on the cat..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens all solid colors? Do they have any stripes or spots? When my 2 childhood cats had kittens, thankfully they did all that gross placenta eating in the middle of the night before we woke up. :D

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens all solid colors? Do they have any stripes or spots? When my 2 childhood cats had kittens, thankfully they did all that gross placenta eating in the middle of the night before we woke up. :D
4 days with these little cuties!

They have stripes, but we all hope they have white paws! White paws are our favorite fur pattern cause it's so cute and it fits the kittens very well! hmm maybe it would be weird to say this, but what age do kittens/cats finish growing their fur? (like instead of those pink, stick paws)

We don't know about her mate, but our friend who has told us about Julie had a stray cat, Matthew who she rescued.

This is some info about her cat, Matthew.
Matthew is a DSH. He is a tabby with white paws. His most famous name is Fancy Paws. He was a stray cat that lived in the community with Julie(maybe)
We think that Matthew and Julie found each other.

We have to struggle with 5 kittens that we ran out of names... I don't have any name suggestions.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, is it okay to have a cat running for whipped cream? We have this Stray, Samuel, who is always running for whipped cream. Every time he hears the sound of whipped cream he will come running with the cutest cries for it! He got abandoned when he was a year old.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nah, I don't think whip cream is good for cats. Please don't give it to him.

Whip cream is made from cow's milk and cats are lactose intolerant and moreover, it contains vanilla and lots of sugar.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nah, I don't think whip cream is good for cats. Please don't give it to him.

Whip cream is made from cow's milk and cats are lactose intolerant and moreover, it contains vanilla and lots of sugar.
Is it rare that some cats are lactose tolerant? I heard someone's cat was lactose tolerant, and their cat could eat whipped cream and stuff.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is it rare that some cats are lactose tolerant? I heard someone's cat was lactose tolerant, and their cat could eat whipped cream and stuff.
Maybe there are and who knows how much diarrhea the cat has gone through and maybe a tiny wee bit is ok but the habit will form and they’ll ask for more.

Best is not form a habit for human food for them.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe there are and who knows how much diarrhea the cat has gone through and maybe a tiny wee bit is ok but the habit will form and they’ll ask for more.

Best is not form a habit for human food for them.
I'll follow your help for now. I also don't want my other cats and the kittens who grow up to have this habit either.