Stray Cat Went Missing?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cats need certain nutrients and vitamins in order for their system to function properly and therefore commercial food have all these added on in the right quantity. Lack of these stuffs will lead to many health issues.

Cats are Obligate Carnivores meaning they are meat eaters and not vegetarians and also food must be grain free like rice and beans and so on.

So I don’t know what kind of home cooked food you are talking about. Please look carefully into it and unless the recipes you are following are proven and concocted by a cat dietician and have the right formulation, then you may try it out. Else, stay with the commercial food and that may save you time and money.

I personally have not tried any other means of feeding my boy except commercial made food.

We have a forum here in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food. Maybe you should ask your questions here and get inputs before you start cooking for the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have u guys seen a DLH before? I've been seeing more and more DLH around the stray community. half could be from breeding but the other half, We aren't that sure. We sometimes bring Maverick along to look at his fellow DLHs. Echo is a sleepy cat so he just stays at home. Do u have suggestions to help my little boy echo get more active?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
DSH are of the more common ones you see and DLH not so common. Unless at certain areas where DLH cats have secured their territory and when they start breeding, possible chance of DLH multiplying. Hopefully they can be spayed or neutered else you’ll have a kitty booming town.

As for Echo, try out certain toys for him and see if he’s interested in them. Not necessarily to be bought but just DIY which is better as if he dosen’t like it, you waste no money.

Cats sleep a lot and maybe to you he looks bored just by sleeping. Some cats like us to play with them and some will play by themselves if it’s a toy they really like. But most of the time, they’ll sleep.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like to have a little plate of dry and a little plate of wet twice a day. Lately, they don't like turkey flavors, so I've been feeding them mostly chicken flavors and sometimes beef or fish...My cat Maggie is DLH. There have always been long-haired ferals in my woods, so she probably descended from them. She looks like a Siberian cat...To get Echo to play you could try catnip toys, toys on a pole, and one of those laser toys.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats like to have a little plate of dry and a little plate of wet twice a day. Lately, they don't like turkey flavors, so I've been feeding them mostly chicken flavors and sometimes beef or fish...My cat Maggie is DLH. There have always been long-haired ferals in my woods, so she probably descended from them. She looks like a Siberian cat...To get Echo to play you could try catnip toys, toys on a pole, and one of those laser toys.
I'll try to give them both dry and wet.

~Pet info and news~

Echo is getting worse. He rarely goes out. But he does sleep a lot and eat. He only plays with the laser pointer.

Maverick is always the active one, chasing all the toys in the house. Every time we bring something towards him, he immediately gets it/eats it. I guess Siberians are really active.

I'm sorry I haven't been talking about Lucky. Lucky being the calm cat she is, she's a mix of echo and maverick. She takes days off from playing and sleep.

Victoria and Levick!
We decided to give Levick away :( it was our choice because he was so young and he needed a family to take care of him better! Victoria is doing fine and has no depression or whatever after Levick left. *she thinks Maverick as his own brother*

The Unnamed Stray with the wound
I forgotten to give him a name.. His name was going to be Aaron, but after some more thoughts, his name will be...
Andy! Andy is more of a pet buddy to Echo. both very lazy and sleepy. They sometimes even lay on each other while sleeping...
~~~

We are also planning to move again! to a new home that is bigger. Alot of our friends and family members raised funds to help us move to a bigger home! We might not be able to post regularly! Echo is gonna hate moving cause he doesnt even like moving around.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nice to read your updates.

As for Echo, as long as he's eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and occasional playing, he pretty normal. I guess its just his character and temperament. And also if he dosen't hide and there's no third eye lid showing, doesn't meow excessively when peeing or pooping or being carried, he should be fine.

Good to hear that Levick is being adopted Hope he'll like the new home and owners.

Great to hear that family members and friends are chipping in to help move to a bigger premise for the welfare of the cats. I'm sure the cats appreciate that very much

Thank you for taking such good care of them and bless your heart :clapcat:

Do keep us updated.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
My moms birthday was on 16th of May.

As a present for her daughters/sons, she gave me a Calico kitty. She was 5 months old and told me to take care of her.

Why? She had this calico kitty when her 2 cats, Nugget and Fancy, had kittens. She raised them up with the help of my aunt.

She said that Calicos are beautiful and should be loved by gorgeous people like you.

My mom told me she has been breeding cats like colors of white, tuxedo and calicos. Not for overcrowding, she claimed her self that she did it because she wanted to give her children a good loving start with kittens.

I denied and explained why its bad to breed. She said it was okay and she gives the kittens out. I begged her to spay/neuter her cats to stop the cruelty. She finally understands why and told me that she will do it when the vet opens.

Do you guys want me to keep her or give her away? I am depending on all of you for names and help. I still think its really a bad thing that my mother had to breed all these cats for us!!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nice of your mom to give you a kitten and it was nice of you to help her understand the importance of spaying and neutering as this is very important in the kitties lives and also its not good that a cat should give birth so many times.

Its good that if you could keep her since it was a gift to you from your mum but if you can find a good home for them, I don't see why not having them adopted.

I'm very bad at names :ruminating: :confused:

Some articles for you to read :-

7-proven-ways-to-get-your-cat-to-be-more-active.33695
playing-with-your-cat-10-things-you-need-to-know.32656
how-to-move-with-your-cat-to-a-new-home-in-a-safe-way.33377

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you treat Echo for fleas and worms? Fleas and worms have made my cats tired when they had them and they weren't feeling well. That's great that you explained to your mom about spaying and neutering cats. Calicos are beautiful. I like your Mom's cat's name Fancy. I would steal that name for your Calico! Afterall, with all their colors, Calicos are fancy. :)

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nice of your mom to give you a kitten and it was nice of you to help her understand the importance of spaying and neutering as this is very important in the kitties lives and also its not good that a cat should give birth so many times.

Its good that if you could keep her since it was a gift to you from your mum but if you can find a good home for them, I don't see why not having them adopted.

I'm very bad at names :ruminating: :confused:

Some articles for you to read :-

7-proven-ways-to-get-your-cat-to-be-more-active.33695
playing-with-your-cat-10-things-you-need-to-know.32656
how-to-move-with-your-cat-to-a-new-home-in-a-safe-way.33377
for moving, we have a lot of name tags. for strays and feral cats and other housecats. if its strays adopted, we give them nametags with their current owner's phone numbers attached. and microchipped, of course. All of our cats have been microchipped and have name tags. and to top it off, a carrier. We usually use 2, but now we use 4. :( I am so worried when they are going to get locked in a room for almost a week cause of the helpers :c so much cleaning up the litter box and packing them in.. we get so exhausted.

The calico we call her Faith.
(sorry i like bundling a whole update altogether)

Do you treat Echo for fleas and worms? Fleas and worms have made my cats tired when they had them and they weren't feeling well. That's great that you explained to your mom about spaying and neutering cats. Calicos are beautiful. I like your Mom's cat's name Fancy. I would steal that name for your Calico! Afterall, with all their colors, Calicos are fancy. :)
Nugget and Fancy are a cute couple, but not until she gets neutered/spayed
I treat all my cats including strays for fleas and worms. I do bathe them and also groom them. (if they're not annoyed at me)

My cats are really annoyed at me if I disturb them so i dont.
We have been giving a lot of cats out due to the limit of space we have. We dont wanna be a crazy cat crew so we have been giving them out to people who can care for them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faith is a great name for the Calico, I like it. You could put a sign on the doors saying to look out for the cats and make sure none get trapped inside. That's what I have to do with my family members, put signs on doors to remind them to look out for the cats at the front door and the cellar stairs.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Faith is a great name for the Calico, I like it. You could put a sign on the doors saying to look out for the cats and make sure none get trapped inside. That's what I have to do with my family members, put signs on doors to remind them to look out for the cats at the front door and the cellar stairs.
I hope to finish packing up before May 31 at least. Thanks for the idea of the signs on the doors! In our old apartment a lot of relatives tend to come (to visit us) and once when we have Victoria, she bit one of the relatives because they did not realize there were ferals.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks for the link. Had you had the thought that u longed to move but u just feel like not moving? it's our mood. We want to move but its exhausting. We'll have to do it anyway, cause our apartment is getting smaller by how many fluffers we add in.
I have the thoughts of moving but the thoughts on all the packing and unpacking gives me the thoughts of not moving :lol:

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
We finally moved in.. With Bad News and Good News... Good News, Our house is bigger! we are so happy and glad. Faith the Calico seems to love it. But the bad news is gonna spread all over June. We were alerted by a friend of ours, who had concerns for this cat. Her name is Julie and she's going through labor. We all decided to spay/neuter her but I declined.

My partners asked me why. This could be a bad thing, but I gave all in to raise her kittens until they get adopted. Because Julie was confirmed to give birth tomorrow or today. And I really feel its a pity to let all her months in labor go to waste. And she's very close. If she will be suffering on the spay and neuter side, with her kittens already going to be born, We will be filled with guilt.

We are going to care for her kittens and do everything to make them be able to find new homes.

We have a lot of things prepared. We will spay/neuter Julie after the kittens know how to eat canned/dry food and drink water in case of "accidents" Of course, they are locked in a room to prevent the future escape of her kittens.