Sombra

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat friend named Zee on twitter. She has a Large Hadron Collider. Maybe we should get them together and see what happens. *Elon Musk, eat your heart out, dude*
No jokes, okay? I offered Elon Musk a lot of money to send Moo Shu to Mars rather than that doggoned Tesla. He claimed that he already had a lot of money. I think he was just afraid that she'd hijack the ship to her home planet. The aliens left her here intentionally, you know.

moo-f-o.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No jokes, okay? I offered Elon Musk a lot of money to send Moo Shu to Mars rather than that doggoned Tesla. He claimed that he already had a lot of money. I think he was just afraid that she'd hijack the ship to her home planet. The aliens left her here intentionally, you know.

View attachment 232789
*The sun came out. And it sang to me.* *No, Senor, that was Moo Shu Snowshoe!*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was one month since Sombra's arrival and she has eaten exactly 2 kilos (Purina's Excellent) dry food during this period. She looks fine and quite active but she doesn't seem to be putting on any weight. She is supposed to be 4 years old. Any opinions?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was one month since Sombra's arrival and she has eaten exactly 2 kilos (Purina's Excellent) dry food during this period. She looks fine and quite active but she doesn't seem to be putting on any weight. She is supposed to be 4 years old. Any opinions?
Each cat, like each person, is an individual. My torti beauty Tarifa, who is my icon right now, was adopted by me at 11 months and is now 14. She's always been a small, slender girl, which I attribute to her obvious "meezer" (whether Siamese or Burmese, I don't know) genes. She has always had a very healthy appetite and eats 1 5.5 oz tin a day, plus treats and any dry she wants. She's an active cat, too, which keeps her slim. Some cats are just that way, I guess. As long as Sombra is happy and healthy, I'd think slender is good! :thumbsup: And cats in their natural state (before domestication, in their habitat) are slender.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks tarasgirl and dustydiamond. For this first month at home I have preferred to feed her only the dry food she was used to at the shelter but I will now introduce her to some wet food. I don't know how much she weighs. She wriggles too much when you place her on the balance. I have thought of weighing her holding her in my arms and see te difference between her weight and mine but, cuddly as she is, she doesn't like to be picked up. I'll try one of these days when I have somebody visiting who could help.

I am not too worried about her. She eats, drinks and eliminates normally. She is quite active and seems quite happy and mischievous. But I wouldn't mind to see her gain a little more weight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks tarasgirl and dustydiamond. For this first month at home I have preferred to feed her only the dry food she was used to at the shelter but I will now introduce her to some wet food. I don't know how much she weighs. She wriggles too much when you place her on the balance. I have thought of weighing her holding her in my arms and see te difference between her weight and mine but, cuddly as she is, she doesn't like to be picked up. I'll try one of these days when I have somebody visiting who could help.

I am not too worried about her. She eats, drinks and eliminates normally. She is quite active and seems quite happy and mischievous. But I wouldn't mind to see her gain a little more weight.
You could try seeing if she'll curl up in a box, and then picking her up in that and weighing her, subtracting a few ounces for the box...? I feel that way about my Tarifa, too, but she's really just about perfect. I like cats a tiny bit on the chubby side, but they are supposed to be lean.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina - I don't believe that Oz has put on an ounce since his tenth month; he's almost as thin as tabbytom tabbytom 's January:

ozcamo.jpg

My late Father's Siamese, Victoria, was absolutely diminutive in stature, and never broke six pounds throughout the whole of her Life:

tori2004.jpg

Bob, my fine-boned little Norwegian Forest Cat is...

bobandlance.jpg

Look, let's just leave Bob out of this, okay?

Sombra looks wonderful, and she's active, Loving and wholly charming. If you're really concerned, and feel a cat with a little more weight is a good idea, I'll suggest a trade:

mooshuprinter.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina - I don't believe that Oz has put on an ounce since his tenth month; he's almost as thin as tabbytom tabbytom 's January:

View attachment 235127

My late Father's Siamese, Victoria, was absolutely diminutive in stature, and never broke six pounds throughout the whole of her Life:

View attachment 235128

Bob, my fine-boned little Norwegian Forest Cat is...

View attachment 235129

Look, let's just leave Bob out of this, okay?

Sombra looks wonderful, and she's active, Loving and wholly charming. If you're really concerned, and feel a cat with a little more weight is a good idea, I'll suggest a trade:

View attachment 235130
:fuming: *Keeps trying to give his CAT away* :cloudy::fireblob::eviltongue::angryfire::livid::yelling: