Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pimento cheese and I buy it already made at Wal Mart. My mother used to use it for sandwiches. I either used it to make a sandwich or use crackers to eat it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't use garlic salt, but do use garlic powder. I have some roasted garlic powder on hand and might try a wee bit, just to see. You don't use chopped onion? I'll have to try it. Thanks blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 ! (Oh, and only really sharp cheddar here, too. Mom didn't care much about the sharpness, but we love a good sharp cheddar.)
No, I never put any onion. But you know I do love onions and I am a believer that lots of good things are better with some added onion. I do know some people put diced pickle in piemento cheese, but I don't care for that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I never put any onion. But you know I do love onions and I am a believer that lots of good things are better with some added onion. I do know some people put diced pickle in piemento cheese, but I don't care for that.
Excuse me for butting in again. Onions and diced pickle sounds delicious in pimento cheese. What kind of pickles are used? I think dill, sweet or bread and butter pickles would be good.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i didn't get the cabbage and carrot prepped for the coleslaw -- i'll do that this afternoon, as well as make the coleslaw dressing and mix that into it. i'll also move a couple pounds of butter to the fridge to thaw (for the baking i'll be doing this week).

after that, i might just read for a bit...or watch some tv.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The M & Ms went at it early this morning and it was ugly. I think Muffin tried to get on the steps going up to our bed and Molli got her. The screaming and snorting started and even after I turned the bedroom light on, they were still going at it. Rick finally got them apart, Molli flew out into the living room, and Muffin high-tailed it to her stroller in the computer room. It's been six years since Muffin came into the house, you'd think they'd get it by now. But nope. Well, that got Pepe going and she started screaming for breakfast, so we just got out of bed. They're lucky they're so cute.
  • Breakfast for our brats, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed down and put fresh sheets on, sorted laundry into piles in the hallway
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • I made more snickerdoodle dough, more faux Lofthouse cookie dough, and some chocolate chip dough last night. Rick told me there are no snickerdoodles in the freezer and then he asked me if I was making chocolate chip cookies. Our son wants chocolate crinkles, but I need more unsweetened chocolate to make them. Baking the cookies this morning, after I've had my coffee.
  • Rick said he wanted to do some outside work today; I'm going to vacuum, do a quick Swiffer about the house, and wipe down the bathroom
We decorated the living room last night and Rick hung the stockings up at the railing (with care :)). So far, we put a couple cans of Fancy Feast and a carton of Sip in each stocking. I need to get some treats for them. Jackie will get some fresh apples and some baby carrots (that will go into the fridge, not her stocking) and a couple packages of Pedigree treats for her stocking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, I'm not a big fan of Mondays. Neither is Rick; the cell alarm rang, he turned it off and said, "Nope, not gonna do it." While I was downstairs on the treadmill, he called off work. He plans to finish the leaves today as it is supposed the last decent (i.e. kind of warm) day for a while. Cold front coming in tomorrow with rain and then :cold::cold::cold: for the rest of the week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Filled the Tucson's gas tank on the way into work this morning
  • Must work on a grocery list sometime today because we must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hooray for, 'Nope, not gonna do it'!! :woo:

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going.

this afternoon, i'll bake two pans of carob brownies with walnuts -- the first of my Christmas baking. that, along with washing the dishes i make, will be my afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He gave me a chuckle yesterday when he said it. Very matter of fact, he just wasn't going there. Mental health days are important, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed
  • I need to make a "me" run: moisturizer, neck cream, hand lotion....all that good stuff. Going during my lunch break
  • Must empty the dishwasher when I get home from work; Dear Richard forgot to run it last night before he went to bed, so we ran a quick load this morning. He's still working ten hours, so I get to take The Beast out to pee when I get home. Scoop the boxes.
Quick dinner and I'm going to bed to read for a while.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, no baking happened yesterday -- was a gastro upset day for me, so the kitties and i had a quiet day together.

so i'll be doing the baking today -- both the carob brownies, and the cinnamon-sugar cake. then i'll do the usual chores -- wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash and recycling (and the outdoors cans to the curb too, for tomorrow morning's pick up). i've got a couple containers to move to the fridge to thaw too. and i may very well put a new tarp over the rest of the firewood stacks outdoors. i'll see if we can squeeze in 'salon day' for the kitties too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted the laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night
I'd like to have an early night tonight

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do a bit of ironing.
Go to the nursing home to sing and play music later on.
Put some lights on the shrubs next to the step railings.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum about the house
  • Try to stay away long enough to watch Supernatural

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1) Clean the kitchen - I decided that good cake-making time was 3am, and so the kitchen is still a tip.
2) Put the fireplace on - Norway is cold, Fireplaces are cosy, though I need to bring more firewood in.. perhaps the mr can do that.
3)Play D&D - I swear I have a life beyond games and cats. (I don't, I really don't)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Morning came too early for us today.
  • Had a dr appointment this morning
  • Hair appointment tonight after work, followed by a walk over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond
  • Must scoop boxes when I do get home

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've just finished 3 days of work here, so today i have nothing planned except serving my cats and myself our meals and keeping the wood stove going.

well, i do need to move 3 bags of bread flour from the upright freezer to the large bin with lid upstairs, and then move two more bags into the upright freezer. i'm 'cycling' the new bread flours through the freezer.

i'll watch some tv later. lately i've been getting into two tv series -- Justified, and Tin Star.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • We are visiting some plumbing and some lighting stores today to look at sink fixtures and lighting for the bathroom
  • I have butter softening in the microwave; when we come back home from shopping this afternoon, I'm going to make various cookie doughs and throw them into the fridge to chill overnight to be baked on Sunday.
That's pretty much it for us, I think.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No plans yet. Just sitting here enjoying coffee at the moment.
I would like to get out and go to this wonderful hardware store downtown. They have some of the neatest things at Christmas. Then I need a stop to pick up dry cat food for Snoop. Then, just a browse around Wal Mart for odds and ends I need. It is cold outside, so all this may be wishful thinking.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to start on holiday cards. It's just addressing envelopes and writing a short message inside the blank cards.

I need to rewrap a gift. It was originally going to be a shared gift but I'm going to give it to someone instead and get something else as a shared gift.

Just lounge around for the rest of the day and watch the snow fall.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , how were the plumbing and lighting stores? did you see any sink fixtures and lighting that you liked for your bathroom?

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and kept the wood stove going. i also made two liters of ginger ale.

later today, i'll continue cycling the bread flour through the freezer.

then i'll watch some tv. likely another documentary about WWII, and maybe a tv show or two.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , how were the plumbing and lighting stores? did you see any sink fixtures and lighting that you liked for your bathroom?

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and kept the wood stove going. i also made two liters of ginger ale.

later today, i'll continue cycling the bread flour through the freezer.

then i'll watch some tv. likely another documentary about WWII, and maybe a tv show or two.
Lately, I've been watching the documentaries about WWll. They are interesting. Especially the parts about Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.