Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the cake and frosting turned out awesome :cloud9:, Winchester Winchester ! i did only make a half recipe of the whipped peanut butter frosting, and that was the perfect amount of frosting (on a 9x13 cake) for my taste. i'm not a fan of overly sweet frosting, and the whipped peanut butter frosting was not that at all. it had just the right amount of sweetness to it! thank you so much for sharing those recipes with us!! :redheartpump:

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going (the low overnight was 8 degrees F :cold:, but the temp is going up already -- currently 12 degrees F). i also sliced the loaf of bread machine bread.

nothing extra going on here today -- really a day of rest. i'll watch some tv this afternoon, and keep the wood stove going.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful! I'm so glad you liked the cake and the frosting. I got that recipe many years ago from a woman at the paper plant where we worked. It's a great peanut butter frosting! Not too sweet, but just sweet enough. You can leave out the peanut butter and just make a regular vanilla frosting, but we've never done that. Rick loves it.

I ended up with a bad headache yesterday and went back to bed in the afternoon while Rick was watching football. One of the worst ones I've had in a while. Finally gave in and drank an ice-cold regular Mt. Dew, for the caffeine. That did seem to help and I made the cookie doughs last night and put them in the fridge to chill.

We stayed in bed until 6:00 again, when we decided we really should drag our bodies out to the kitchen to do breakfast.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed down and put fresh sheets on, and separated laundry on the hallway floor
  • Working on the first load of laundry
  • After I'm done with my coffee, I'll be out in the kitchen the rest of the morning, baking cookies. Rick's mother really wants kolaches, but I don't know if I'm going to have the time today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really enjoyed the 'day of rest' yesterday -- i watched the movie, Holiday Inn, starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. Bing sang White Christmas in it too! :cloud9:

today i've kept the wood stove going. i'll scoop the litter boxes coming up shortly.

this afternoon i'll wash the few dishes i've got, and do some assorted things around the house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think I've developed an allergy to Mondays.

• Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general straightening-up, grabbed my shower
  • Must work on the grocery list sometime today; I brought everything with me to work
  • Groceries tonight
  • Going to do some Christmas shopping for our son and grandson tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my plans for yesterday changed when the forecast changed. there's a thawing of the snow going on, along with some rain. so i needed to get more firewood moved, ideally before it got damp/wet. i got that done yesterday, as well as various other chores.

today i've kept the wood stove going. i plan on not doing much today. i may work on some planning this afternoon, but we'll see. i'll watch some tv or a movie, and enjoy a relaxing day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rain today....but I'll take it. We're are to get into the 40s today and I'll take that, too. Last week was way too cold.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • I'd like to do a bit of shopping over my lunch break today
  • Planning commission meeting after work this afternoon; I tried to get out of it, but somebody's bringing in a sketch plan, so I need to be there
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i have a couple phone calls to make. after that, i may do a little work with my budget today.

this afternoon i'll watch some tv. and of course, i'll keep the wood stove going.

it's forecast to get very cold and stay very cold for several days or more, here. :sigh:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick will be working on our budget this weekend, I'm thinking. He usually has it pretty well figured out by the beginning of the New Year.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Walking into town at lunch to the candy store for chocolate-covered pretzels for Rick and for his mother. I'll stop at Giant on my way back to grab 2 boxes of Little Debbie Nutty Bars for Rick's stocking. He's loved those things for as long as I can remember and I always tuck some into his stocking.
  • Shopping tonight as soon as Rick leaves to bowl. B B & B, Target, and maybe the mall.
Our granddaughter wants some Legos. We were at Target the other night and there was this awesome green dragon Legos set; the Goblin King's Evil Dragon. Evidently, it's part of their Elves set. Anyway, I love dragons, always have. Dragons, gargoyles, all that stuff. My stance is that every girl needs a dragon, so that will be part of her Christmas gift. I fully admit that I'm the "weird" grandma. Thankfully, she loves me anyway. (Years ago, right after we got Rupert, the gargoyle, for our front yard, she said she was afraid of Rupert. I told her that gargoyles protect property and, as long as Rupert was here, he would protect our house and our yard. She looked at me, then patted Rupert's head, and then ran over to her dad and said, "Hey Dad! We need a Rupert to protect our house!" :lol: Our son looked at me and said, "Thanks, Mom!" Yep, I'm the weird grandma.)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far today, I have washed and cleaned and cooked ten pounds of collards. Other than that ordinary stuff that I do every day, make beds, wash dishes, make lunch, wash dishes, etc. It is a never ending circle. I am going to get out the Electrolux, vacuum the area rugs, pick up things out of the floor and turn on the Shark. I love it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
did the regular morning this: pick up, medicate Artie; then it was out to Petco for some litter and food. From there to Noontime Mass, then off to Petsmart for more food, then to Starbucks for an Almond Milk Peppermint Mocha latte, extra hot... yum...

Drank that while driving.. yes, traffic was brutal, to the pharmacy to pick up a medicine for Artie.

Came home.. took 3 trips to car because the bag of litter was so heavy to get in the apartment. Had to take my small flatbed out for it. I did a lot of sliding the bag..

I usually get the boxes, but Petco was out of them. I got the last 40 lb bag.. put the bag in a heavy duty green trash bag, placed an old sheet down on the closet for it, and slid it over... done...

Now listening to some very quiet, peaceful Christmas music, while the battery powered candles are on, and the Yankee Candle "Holiday Home Sweet Home" is lit. I think I am going to have a small alcoholic beverage, while I sit and enjoy the season..
and before I have my supper--pizza.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pepe was up really bright and early this morning.....she started yelling before 4:00. And she was really yelling. You know, you would think that once we're up and working on breakfast, she would stop. She knows it's coming, but evidently, not quickly enough to suit her. That girl has the shrillest yells I've ever heard in a cat. Man, she is loud. I know, I know, she's going to be 22 years old and at that point, she's allowed to scream as loudly as she wants. But couldn't she scream quietly? :)
  • Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower (I'm at work and we are praying that the head honchos will allow us to leave early today)
  • Rick and I are doing some shopping tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Supermarket run before the weather turns snowy/rainy/icy. I just browsed the online circular (I don't get the actual paper one in the mail anymore). I don't think I need too much :think:

Laundry is going. I have more loads this week than usual. I have bulky sweaters that need to be their own load.

I have checks to write. I still write checks for two things. I guess could set automatic payments from my bank account:think:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a rainy Saturday around here today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, and am sitting here enjoying my morning coffee
  • Make pizza dough
  • Errands and shopping this morning
  • Vacuum and a swiffer in the kitchen and living room, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Staying home today: a quick dusting, vacuuming, and wipe down of the bathroom, and pick up of Artie's bathroom.

Then a nothing day..just hanging out, listening to Christmas Music, relaxing..Have to watch a Christmas movie tonight... and call Comcast. I am allowed to have Turner Classics Channel on my subscription, yet, I tried to watch it last night and was not able to.. I can watch any movie from it with the "On Demand" feature, but cannot watch it live.. very weird...
Hate calling them....

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wet to a Christmas wedding today. It was so sweet.
Right now, I am making applesauce for my daughter who I will see on Monday. She always puts in an order for it.
Before bed, I will cut a cabbage and make a bowl of coleslaw. Our Christmas Eve meal will be soft shell crabs, coleslaw, cornbread, corn on the cob, cheesecake with blueberry topping.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 I'm on my way to your house for dinner!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, took some butter and the pork chops out of the freezer
  • Working on a bit of laundry (but most of it will hold off until Tuesday, I think)
  • Making sticky buns this morning so we'll have them to enjoy tomorrow while opening gifts
  • When Rick comes home from church this morning, we must take care of my sister's cats (scoop their boxes, put fresh water down, and feed them) and I get to cuddle with Mr. Harley, my favorite fur-nephew!
  • And when we come home, we are roasting six pounds of peanuts and two pounds of cashews. I'm making Mother Dragon's recipe for fudge this afternoon.
  • I must make the peanut butter pie for our dessert tomorrow and make the cornbread for the stuffing for our pork chops
  • Make a small food basket for Rick's mom for Christmas: I have a couple boxes of her favorite Fiber One bars, some chocolate-covered pretzels, several small bags of cookies, some Hershey's Santa kisses, and some Ghirardelli chocolate squares. We'll add small containers of roasted peanuts and cashews and some fudge to the mix. And give her some of the sticky buns, so she'll have them tomorrow morning with her breakfast. I always get her Halos when they're on sale at the store; she loves Halos.
Early night tonight. Santa's coming! :santa:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, I think that if Rick and were both retired, we could "train" the cats to sleep in just a wee bit later in the morning. This morning, we never got out of bed until 7:00; when we work, it's usually around 4:45, so they're used to an early breakfast. Pepe wasn't amused in the slightest, but we decided we were going to let her go and she eventually quieted down. Alas, tomorrow, it's back to 4:45 for one day, then Rick and I are both off again until next Tuesday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed down and put fresh sheets on
  • Working on the first load of laundry (I didn't do any on Sunday, so must get it done this morning)
  • Groceries today
  • A bit of shopping yet for the kids and for my sister and BIL

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today is another 'day of rest' here. I got a lot done yesterday, including outdoors stuff. it was simply frigid outside! windy and was forecast to be a high of 16 degrees F...:cold: I shoveled the driveway (not enough snow to bring out the snow blower), and moved firewood to the back enclosed porch. I never did feel warm(-ish) again after that -- still not feeling warm.

so today I'll move some dessert or other to the fridge to thaw -- I'm thinking either blondies or brownies. and I'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine. other than that, I'll keep the wood stove going and will watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, grabbed my shower and here I am
  • Must take the Nook back up to Rick's mother tonight; I put five new library books on it for her to read. I also opened a Freebooksy account for her so that I can download some e-pub books that way, too. She can just keep them on the Nook and read them in between her library books. (It turns out they do have WiFi in the nursing home, but, heavens, it's slower than molasses in January! I couldn't get anything done on the Nook, so I brought it home to work on.)
  • Trash night tonight
  • Make the peanut butter swirl cheesecake (Maybe. I talked to our son and he said the whole family was down with the flu. It was a pretty rotten Christmas for them this year. He's going to let me know today; they might come up now on Friday instead of Thursday....it depends on how they're feeling. So the cheesecake will either be made tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on when they're coming to us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.