Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , how were the plumbing and lighting stores? did you see any sink fixtures and lighting that you liked for your bathroom?
Yes, we did! I found beautiful (well, to me) fixtures for the sinks. The problem is that they are pretty expensive (again, to me). I took some pictures, so that I can try to find something similar, but a little less expensive. We also found a carrara marble that we're probably going to use for the bathroom countertop; it's lighter in color with "creamy" bluish grey veins. It's really pretty. As for lighting, we found two lighting fixtures for above the sinks and mirrors; Rick's choice is cleaner; mine is a bit more decorative. I did take some pictures of things as they caught our eye. We're looking for a small chandelier-type of light for the ceiling, nothing huge. I didn't see anything that I liked for the ceiling, nor did Rick.

The contractor and designer are coming on Thursday morning to do final measurements and estimates for the new window, sun tunnel, and gutting the shower and bathtub. Rick and I are going to tear out the double closet that's in the bathroom now. The bathroom is going to be completely gutted and we're starting over. Our electrician was here to figure out what he's going to do. Rick has the list of cabinets and pieces and will order this week; it takes about six weeks for the cabinets to get here. He wants to start sometime in late February or early March; it's also a matter of getting everybody in here at roughly the same time, so we're not waiting for a week for somebody to do what they're supposed to do.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down and put fresh sheets on, emptied the dishwasher, separated laundry
  • On the first load of laundry
  • After I've finished my coffee, I'm going to start baking cookies. We are to get flurries and squalls today (nothing major), so it's a good baking day. I need to feed my sourdough starter, so I'm thinking about making a loaf of sourdough bread. Sand tarts and rolled sugar cookies, followed by cinnamon roll cookies. (Sand tarts have always been a particular pain in the rump for me; they have to be rolled so thin and they're impossible to pick up without breaking! I read a tip where people have run their sand tart cookie dough through their pasta maker to get it thin enough. I thought that was interesting.)
  • The kids finally gave us a Christmas wish-list for the grands, so I'll be doing some online shopping later on this afternoon
  • Visit with Rick's mom; she and Rick had a long talk on the phone last night and she wondered if I was doing any more baking bc we haven't taken cookies up since the beginning of the week. She asked about chocolate crinkles; Rick said we're working on them. :)
  • The season finale of Outlander is tonight.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Church, lunch at the local Pig. Later we will take in a Christmas parade. It is cold, but I do so love a parade. I have a gift or two to wrap and deposit under the tree. Hopefully a peaceful Sunday worshipping and then just enjoying the day with my husband.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since my injury list seems to grow by the week my list is much shorter than all of yours. FOOTBALL all day, took the dogs for a short walk w poop duty, laundry and up the street to get something for dinner. Wrapping my left wrist in ice and Max and I took a catnap!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately, I've been watching the documentaries about WWll. They are interesting. Especially the parts about Hitler.
they're really very interesting! :D i'm especially interested in British and US intelligence efforts during WWII, pretty much anything related to or about Winston Churchill, about the same level of interest in Franklin D. Roosevelt, weapons (used during WWII, and especially those which where developed during/for that war), strategies......well, i suppose most everything about WWII.

i'm also interested in the 'cold war' period of time, and will likely start reading more about that coming up.

today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also moved a container of cabbage roll casserole to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon, i'll move some cooked chicken to the fridge to thaw, continue with cycling the flour through the freezer, make a loaf of bread machine bread, and continue working on my budget.

after that, maybe a tv show or two -- something that won't require any thinking for a while, after working with the budget.

Winchester Winchester , that sounds great!! :clap: it does seem that a lot of the really nice, really lovely......fixtures, sinks, countertops, flooring, bathtubs/showers, and etc are expensive. that carrara marble countertop sounds beautiful!! :cloud9:

that's so exciting, that your bathroom remodel is starting to move along nicely now!! :hyper:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! We are really starting to get excited!

Monday came way too early this week. Yesterday, I spent pretty much the whole day in the kitchen, baking cookies and a loaf of sourdough bread. I made a pan of chicken fricassee for dinner last night, the first time in quite a while we had that and Rick was pleased. He loves chicken fricassee, even though it is chicken, and even though I cheated and used Bisquick for the dumplings instead of making them from scratch.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Must work on the grocery list because I didn't do it over the weekend.
  • Grocery night (fortunately, Rick isn't working OT tonight)
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick clean up around the house, nothing big

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Laundry night
  • Must clean the bathroom, vacuum, and do a quick swiffer throughout the house tonight
  • Trash night

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went downtown this morning. I took a few video clips of the various subway trains for my friend's train-obsessed autistic son. I didn't get Amtrak, though, but that's on my list to get a video of.

I went to the pop up shop village on the plaza after a quick lunch at a Panera Cares Cafe. I got there shortly after the 11am opening. Only a handful of the shops were open :ohwell: I browsed around for awhile but there just wasn't much of interest to me :dunno: I did buy a glass sculpture from one shop and plan to give that to a friend for her birthday next year (already have a holiday gift for her).

I need to find where Emma pushed her toy. I looked away for a minute and the fluffy ball was gone :doh: I think it's still in the bedroom somewhere.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Panera Cares sounds like a really great idea. It is a way to 'give back'.. I applaud the Panera company for doing this.

Artie lost his favorite ball a month ago. I knew it had to be in the apartment, in the living area, but I could not find it anywhere. I looked under furniture, moved chairs, even moved the coach. I also swept under things.. nothing.. no where to be found..

I tried to get a replacement, but they do not make them anymore.

Finally, On Monday, when I really moved the coach, it just mysteriously popped out from under it.

I was so happy to find it!! Artie has not been feeling well, but today is a better day.
He started batting the ball around! and chased it a bit when I rolled it!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much for today!

i'll cycle more bread flour through the freezer today. i'll keep the wood stove going, as it's forecast to be a high of 20 degrees F here today...:cold: and i have a phone call to make.

other than that, i plan on watching some tv, or maybe a documentary or movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The designer and contractor are coming this morning to give us an estimate on what it will cost to gut the shower unit, install the sun tunnel and the new window, and then to install the new cabinets. Rick is home; I came into work. This afternoon, he has a doctor appt to examine the area where he had had a skin cancer removed a few months ago.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, grabbed a shower, stopped for gas on my way into work
  • Rick will scoop the boxes this morning
And I really think we're not doing much of anything tonight. Rick is not bowling this week; we did a bit of housework and laundry last night. We may decide to do some Christmas shopping for the grands, but I think it will just be a quiet night at home.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nail appointment. I want to do a bit of shopping around when I am up the road for the appointment. I like Family Dollar. They have Tracfones and I want to look at them. I am currently using a flip phone, but am wondering if I want to get one of the new Smart Phones just to get the triple minute for life feature that comes with the phone. I don't want it connected to email, nor do I do much texting. I just talk. Spend time with some friends coming from out of town to see us.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found Emma's toy. Emma must have pawed it out from wherever she hid it yesterday.

I'm disappointed that more of the pop up shops weren't open yesterday :disappointed: Even when I left an hour later, not too many more shops had opened.

Today I'm going to Trader Joe's for a few things. Then maybe Petco for dog treats if Trader Joe's doesn't have any of the pumpkin dog treats. The dog treats are for a gift.

I need to look for some documents I have stored somewhere. I'm pretty sure they're in the filing box in the closet but I have to double check.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I played Santa today!! It felt so good.. The gifts were small, (monetary)-- but it is the thought that counts.. made me feel so good.. The people I gave them to, never expected it; that made me feel even better...
I was taking this time of year, to thank everyone who has been good to me....

Busy day..
did the 'rounds'... now relaxing.. Christmas Music was blasting, while I was in my car...

then a quick trip to Trader Joes, and the pharmacy, and now home...

Good day, all around~~~~~~~finally--sorry.. just venting, not gloating at all...

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played Santa today!! It felt so good.. The gifts were small, (monetary)-- but it is the thought that counts.. made me feel so good.. The people I gave them to, never expected it; that made me feel even better...
I was taking this time of year, to thank everyone who has been good to me....

Busy day..
did the 'rounds'... now relaxing.. Christmas Music was blasting, while I was in my car...

then a quick trip to Trader Joes, and the pharmacy, and now home...

Good day, all around~~~~~~~finally--sorry.. just venting, not gloating at all...

After all you and Artie have been through, you deserve many more good days.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also finished the budget related stuff. shortly, i'll continue 'cycling' the bread flour, and move a container to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon, i think i'll read for a while, and then play some computer games. enjoy a quiet day with my cats, near the warmth of the wood stove. :catlove:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good for you artiemom artiemom !! :hugs:
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, grabbed my shower (Rick is off work today, so he's taking care of things around the house and running some errands)
We might do some shopping tonight. That's pretty much it. I'm just looking toward the weekend.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catch up on some ironing.
Cook up some fresh vegetables. A friend gave us collards, turnips, cauliflower and broccoli from his garden. I cooked the collards and turnips earlier this week. Will do a sauté with olive oil with the broccoli. I plain to roast the cauliflower in the oven.
Wrap up some Christmas gifts. I hope it will be a peaceful day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have kept the wood stove going. i also have a loaf of bread machine bread cooling now, and i made 3 liters of ginger ale.

i have a phone call to make this morning.

shortly, i'll move the last of the new bread flour up to the big storage bin, the last of the 'cycling'.

this afternoon, i'll be baking a cake and frosting it -- Winchester Winchester 's hershey's cake, and the whipped peanut butter frosting! i'll be making a 9x13 cake. this will be my desserts through Christmas! :yummy: i'll wash the dishes i generate in making the cake and frosting too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , let me know how you like it. It's a big hit around here.

I'm a bad mom (and this morning I didn't care). The cats started screaming around 4:00 or so, but we never got out of bed until 6:00. The bed was toasty and I just didn't feel like it. So we lay there, listening to Pepe and Amber taking turns yelling. Finally, I looked over at Rick and asked, "Are you ready?" His response: "Yeah, whatever." The kids are now fed and quiet, Rick is napping on the couch, and I'm drinking my coffee.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, got the butter out to soften in the microwave
  • Rick is running errands this morning, while I vacuum and swiffer a bit, scoop the boxes
  • Making the following cookie doughs today for baking tomorrow: peppermint crunch icebox cookies, peanut butter chocolate chunkers (I was supposed to make them the other week and never got around to it), more chocolate chip cookies, and white chocolate macadamia cookies. I'll spend Sunday puttering around in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.