Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
 Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today
We stayed up until around 1:30 or so, watched three movies: The Secret Life of Pets, Star Trek Beyond, and Jason Bourne. Rick fell asleep during the last part of Pets and I fell asleep about five minutes into Jason Bourne. I remember Rick awakening me for our NY kiss, but that was pretty much it. We were disappointed that we weren't able to watch The Martian. OnDemand didn't have it and neither did Amazon. We couldn't find it on the Fire Stick. 

Ms. Pepe and Amber didn't care that we were up late last night; they started in right around 5:00 this morning, but Rick and I stayed in bed and let them meow to their hearts' content until 5:30 when we got up and gave everybody breakfast.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 3.5 miles on the treadmill.
  • Going to scoop boxes in a few minutes.
  • Must go over to my sister's later on this morning and check on the fur-clan there, give them breakfast and scoop boxes. And cuddle and play with The Harley. We tired him out yesterday, playing with a Da Bird-like toy. He was leaping and jumping for quite a while and he finally said, "OK, that's enough, Auntie Pam!" and plopped down in front of the dishwasher, where I could finally get a decent picture of him. (There's a place in my heart for little black boys and The Harley is such a little sweetie. I'd bring him home in a heartbeat. I keep telling my sister that if The Harley ever disappears, she should not worry and she shouldn't come to our house looking for him.
    • Work on a grocery list; we both have off work tomorrow (Monday) for the New Year holiday, so we'll probably grab a few groceries at some point during the day.
    And I don't have much else planned for today, other than making dinner. Rick is going to be watching football this afternoon and into tonight. I have a few new e-books from the library and will spend the afternoon lounging around.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Taking a quick break and it's back to work
One facility done, one more to go.

Mom's house after work to be a slug and have dinner.

A relaxing evening with the cats and usual online chat with a friend.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
got the wood stove going, did the usual daily household chores, and uploaded the Christmas pics (of my cats with their stockings) to my computer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are off work yet today. 
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer (they're in the dryer now), 3.5 miles on the treadmill (Rick emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, and has started to remove the decorations from the Christmas tree).
  • Taking down the Christmas decorations, tree, etc. Time to get the house back in some semblance of order.
  • Followed by a good vacuuming and dusting.
  • Wipe down the kitchen and the bathroom.
  • Grocery shopping....at the very least, cat food (I have a $5 coupon from PetSmart good on anything, with no minimum, and it has to be used today)
Rick is going to his cousin's house to watch PennState in the Rose Bowl tonight. While he's gone, I want to start (yet another) exercise program and then do a quick manicure. It's my night for me while he's gone, so hair mask, facial mask, some me time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- pack up a wreath order and ship it
- do some laundry
- do some general straightening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast stuff, made the bed, 4 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Doctor appt this morning (EKG is fine; he did blood work and is scheduling me for a stress test.....I am not fond of stress tests.)
  • Must grab some groceries tonight as we didn't make it to the store yesterday

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast stuff, couldn't make the bed as Tabby was curled up and I didn't have the heart to move her, 3 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower
  • Run down to Target to pick up a prescription
  • 3 loads of laundry tonight
  • Trash night / clean out the litter boxes

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i scooped the litter boxes, fixed the motion activated night light in one covered litter box (this required me to pop on over to the hardware store for some small nuts/bolts), laid the fire in the wood stove/got it going a little later on, and took a shower.

oh, yes! i gave our punky her antibiotic this morning too -- she's got a urinary tract infection (caught at the early stage, thank goodness!).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go to the grocery store
- take down the outdoor Christmas decorations
- some type of exercise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't sleep well last night at all and I'm really tired this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • A quick vacuum about the house, nothing major
  • Scoop the boxes

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Went to the nursing home to sing and play with my friends for the residents there.

Try to cook up some extra food to prepare for this winter storm they say is coming.

Read some in my book I got for Christmas.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast stuff, 3.5 miles on the treadmill (no bed-making as both Muffin and Tabby were sacked-out), grabbed my shower
  • We may go down to the mall tonight as Rick says he needs a hair cut (if we do that, I may start looking around for an electric griddle)
  • Scoop the boxes
And then I'm going to bed. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Recheck vet appointment for my geriatric mouse.

Not sure what I'm doing after I bring the mice back home (both have to go to avoid fighting issues if they're separated for too long). It's lightly snowing at the moment and supposed to last a good part of the day. Mom might want to go out for lunch somewhere
I kind of want to go to the Container Store to check out the Elfa sale. The door utility rack thing seems interesting and would help organize my linen closet, assuming it fits on my narrow linen closet door. But I can go tomorrow as well.

Need to update my resume and start looking for a new job
My job is just not what I was told it was supposed to be, which apparently is the "norm" for the lab. I was hired to do  X Y Z and I specifically told the supervisor my career goals and asked how the job would fit into those goals. What I'm actually doing is far from what I told and there are no plans to allow me to do anything more because of the lack of staff and the
controlling manager who has no clue how to run a facility and will not seek advice from those with experience on how to run one.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Recheck vet appointment for my geriatric mouse.

Not sure what I'm doing after I bring the mice back home (both have to go to avoid fighting issues if they're separated for too long). It's lightly snowing at the moment and supposed to last a good part of the day. Mom might want to go out for lunch somewhere
I kind of want to go to the Container Store to check out the Elfa sale. The door utility rack thing seems interesting and would help organize my linen closet, assuming it fits on my narrow linen closet door. But I can go tomorrow as well.

Need to update my resume and start looking for a new job
My job is just not what I was told it was supposed to be, which apparently is the "norm" for the lab. I was hired to do  X Y Z and I specifically told the supervisor my career goals and asked how the job would fit into those goals. What I'm actually doing is far from what I told and there are no plans to allow me to do anything more because of the lack of staff and the
controlling manager who has no clue how to run a facility and will not seek advice from those with experience on how to run one.
I'd go to the Container Store with you; I love stores like that. It's amazing what you can find sometimes. What's going on with your mouse that it needs a recheck....other than s/he's geriatric? I hope you can find a new job that you like. It's horrible when you're stuck in a job that you can't stand.

It's cold out this morning, but thankfully no snow or anything. Just cold. 
 Rick took Jackie out and said that she didn't even want to hang around outside. She peed and made a beeline for the door. 

• Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, 4 miles on the treadmill (Rick scooped the boxes)
  • Banking this morning (I got a raise in my salary at work, but insurance took it. 
      Typical)
  • We're to go to my GF's house early this afternoon. They bought a mattress about three years ago and they're having problems with it. When they go to bed, they pretty much both roll toward the center of the bed. She's been complaining to the store and they finally sent her some kind of "mattress kit" where you measure parts of the mattress and box springs and you take pictures of the measurements and then email everything in. She wants me to help her with it. She doesn't have a phone with a camera and she doesn't know how to do PDFs for email. I'll see what I can do, but I've never done this before either.
  • My Cooks Country has a recipe in it for New Jersey Crumb Buns. I'd really like to try the recipe because it sounds interesting, but if I make them, then I'll have to eat them. 
     I suppose I can always wait until tomorrow to make them, then take them into work on Monday.
We didn't make it to the mall for his hair cut last night as Rick started in with a sinus headache. We'll see how things go today.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'd go to the Container Store with you; I love stores like that. It's amazing what you can find sometimes. What's going on with your mouse that it needs a recheck....other than s/he's geriatric? I hope you can find a new job that you like. It's horrible when you're stuck in a job that you can't stand.
My mouse has mites and is scratching especially around the eye. No idea where the mites came from. The vet gave another teeny dose of Revolution.

I didn't go to the Container Store yesterday. Snowstorm later today so I'll go next weekend. I love the Container Store
So many thing to organize the home with

The job wouldn't be bad if I was actually doing the things I was told I would be doing and if additional people were hired as I was also told.  In hindsight, I believe the supervisor told me all these things because she knew I was not happy in my then position and wanted to steal me away to be on her team, something she's been wanting for the past 12 years (I applied to several positions at the company years ago and one was with her but I decided to take another position instead)
I wish the supervisor had been more truthful about the job and what the manager and lab was like. I'm in no better place now than I was in a year ago. I'm stuck doing a menial job and even more burned out because we're understaffed. I have brought this up to my supervisor several times but all I get is a "don't worry, we have to wait for the manager to leave the company first". Who knows when the manager will leave? He could stay for the next 20 years and then retire for all we know. I am not going to put my career on hold until the manager leaves, if ever.  I hope I can find another position within the company but I will look outside the company.

I have laundry going right now. My resume is pretty much up to date. Just need to tweak my current position a bit. Then off to look for what other job are out there. I need to look for some documents, too. I though I had them in the file box in the closet but didn't see them the other day. I think they might be in the storage room down the hall. I have to go look there at some point.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry about your mouse; I hope you can find something to help him. That has to be difficult because he's so tiny. I hope you can find something that you like instead of dealing with your boss that way. Good luck to you.

Rick is sick with a bad cold. He slept on the couch last night because his meds made him very restless and all he did was cough. He said he didn't even feel like getting off the couch to come to bed. He took The Beast out to pee this morning and then he went back to the couch again.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down, 3 miles on the treadmill, scooped boxes
  • Working on the second of four loads of laundry
  • A good vacuuming, a Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom, make up the bed
  • I may spend some time this afternoon going through bureau drawers and my desk drawers
  • Work on the grocery list and coupons
  • Manicure tonight
I'd like to get back into making up menus for our dinners throughout the week. I used to do that and I knew exactly what I had to cook each night, what to get out of the freezer, what was in the freezer.. The last couple of months, it's been:

"Whaddya want for dinner?"

"Oh, I don't know, whaddya want?"

"I asked you first!"

"I don't know! Whatever you make is fine." 

"Something with ground beef?"

"That's fine."

"How 'bout chicken?"

"Whatever."

"What. Do. You. Want?"

"I don't care!"  

I need to get back to menus. But I guess I need to do freezer inspections first. Maybe we'll have to do a Let's Eat Just from the Freezers month so I can get stuff used up. But man, it's cold in that basement. I go down to hit the treadmill in the morning and before I get warmed up, it's really cold down there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday again. I could have stayed in bed this morning. Alas, the cats had other ideas. Amber started yelling for breakfast at 4:00. We ignored her until 4:50, then we dragged our butts out of bed.

I think I'm working on getting Dear Richard's cold. I've got the sniffles (although part of that is because I'm freezing to death) and I've started to cough. He went into work this morning; I tried to talk him into staying home, but he wouldn't. Fortunately, I am able to get out attending tonight's planning commission meeting because I'm not working on anything related to the commission right now. So I can just go home at 4:00.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, made the bed, scooped the boxes, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, grabbed my shower
  • I'm supposed to do a site inspection this morning, but boy, I don't know that I'm going out in this cold and wind. I may wait until Thursday when things are to warm up nicely, at least into the 40s. We'll see how things go.
  • Grocery shopping tonight, if we feel like it. 
And then bed sounds pretty nice at this point.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- exercise bike
- laundry
- pack away more Christmas decorations

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- some type of exercise. I thin it's going to be too wet outside for a walk, so probably the bike
- I really need to go through mail and pay some bills
- do some research on different banks and credit unions in the area to open a new account.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, let me see. I ended up going home sick at 10:30 on Monday morning. I was freezing to death and couldn't stop shivering. That was just the beginning and it went all downhill from there. Went home, turned the bedroom thermostat up to 85, turned both sides on the blanket on High, put on a pair of sweatpants, heavy socks, and a sweatshirt and went to bed. And I pretty much stayed there until this morning. Oh, I'd get back up from time to time, but would always end up going back to bed. Last night, Rick and I were both in bed at 7:30...we're just completely whipped.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, grabbed my shower, went out and cleared my car of the ice, stopped for gas and came to work.
  • If things look OK by noon, I may try going out for a walk; if I can work, I can walk....I think.
  • We have to go for groceries tonight. Monday is our normal night, but no way were we going to groceries then, not the way we were feeling.
  • I have laundry sorted out, but may let it go until Thursday night; I can do it while Rick is bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.